CPU COMPARE? HELP IF YOU DARE, DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN

Go to solution Solved by Izumi Reina,

So this doesnt get really long:

i7-6700k has more threads

It is a newer architecture with a much higher IPC than the FX-4350

The manufacturing process for the skylake chip is much better than the 32nm process (power efficiency, etc.)

Why is the Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80662I76700K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 530

better than the AMD FX-4350 Vishera Quad-Core 4.2 GHz Socket AM3+ 125W FD4350FRHKBOX Desktop Processor?

note 1: to open links, hover over the link of your choosing with mouse cursor, and right click, then choose the text "open tab in new web browser" i don't know if the links register, this is the first time i'm trying this that's why i added note 1  . Please spare me i'm a noob

note 2:after clicking the links it will direct you to the cpus and keep scrolling down till you "see specifications" you can't miss it.

note 3: or you can look at the screenshots i've attached to this post

link 1: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117559

link 2: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113326

amd cost way less, and i've seen youtube videos always comparing amd and intel with intel always coming up on top, its pretty obvious that the intel above we're comparing is better than the amd above, but in plain text you can get mistaken. Both have quad cores and 4 ghz. whats the thing that intel has that makes it cost more and beats out this amd. In the blue texts above just as is, if you were to compare this amd to this intel cpu its clear that this amd will win with just the comparison of quad core plus the ghz, but if you look at the the specs behind them and overall, its a much more different story. I want to know why even though they both have quad cores and 4 ghz, intel will win by a landslide.

it will be awesome if someone can explain this to me

i don't really know a bunch about computers, so if its something simple that everybody knows and just so happens that i'm the only few that dont know, pls sharee

if you're reading this, hi ._.

Screenshot (55).png

Screenshot (56).png

Screenshot (57).png

Screenshot (52).png

Screenshot (53).png

Screenshot (54).png

So this doesnt get really long:

i7-6700k has more threads

It is a newer architecture with a much higher IPC than the FX-4350

The manufacturing process for the skylake chip is much better than the 32nm process (power efficiency, etc.)

The Intel had a higher IPC, wich means it can calculate more things per cycle, andere it's newer.

I5 4470     -     Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo    -    Asus Strix GTX960    -    12Gb ram    -    Adata SP600 128Gb    -    Seagate 2Tb    -    AsRock Fatal1ty B85 Killer    -    Seasonic M12II EVO 520        

IN WIN 703    -     Dell P2414H    -    LG Flatron M197WDP    -    CMSTORM Quickfire XT with MX blue's    -    Logitech  G502

"To finish first, you first have to finish"

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

it's simple: clock speed isnt all that matters. there's core count (toss hyperthread into this pile as well), architecture optimizatinon, cpu cache, and featureset (like max amount of memory, iGPU, ...)

intel hasnt really had "great gains" in clock speed since late Pentium 4 era, but i dont have to explain their processors got A LOT faster since then.

the Intel CPU has better IPS(Instructions per second) AKA what actiually matters and it has more threads. it is also manufactured on a smaller process

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

the Intel CPU has better IPS(Instructions per second) AKA what actiually matters and it has more threads. it is also manufactured on a smaller process

Yea clock speed at the end of the day does not mean alot. you can have 2 chips, one with way faster clock speed but the other perform better.