EVGA 850 Watt, or Rosewill 1000 Watt?

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

You only need like a 600W PSU for that pc....

And get the EVGA one because it is much higher quality.

Rosewill is just a chinese no-name brand rebranded for newegg.

So I'm torn... I could get an EVGA 850 Watt PSU, and from what I understand, it would support my setup, with like 4 watts to spare... Or I could get a Rosewill 1000 Watt PSU for $10 more... Both are Bronze. I have a very limited budget... This is my build. I plan on putting at least a 256 GB SSD in, and a 1070 in in the future... What are your suggestions?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HTbBGf

On a separate note. I have one 8 GB stick of RAM to run on my dual CPU setup... Will this work until I can get another stick, or do I have to have two or more sticks of RAM for it to work?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

It says I need 686 Watts as is, and I need another 150 for the GTX 1070...

You'll be good on 850W. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

5 minutes ago, TowerCG said:

PCPartPicker Wattage Calculator isn't that reliable. I think either a 600 or 750 Watts will work just fine. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

6 minutes ago, TowerCG said:

That 770 has a max draw of 230, so if youre swapping for a 1070 you'll actually be using 80 watts less than that PCP estimate :P

You'd be fine with a 700/750 watt PSU aslong as its good quality.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

6 minutes ago, TowerCG said:

Do not use wattage calculators.

They are far from accurate and always overestimate by hundreds of watts.

Look at power consumption tests on google of PCs with similar components to find out how much power it actually uses.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

That 770 has a max draw of 230, so if youre swapping for a 1070 you'll actually be using 80 watts less than that PCP estimate :P

You'd be fine with a 700/750 watt PSU

Not swapping, running together. I'm a 3D Artist, and running two different cards together like that is better than running sli :)

Just now, Enderman said:

Do not use wattage calculators.

They are far from accurate and always overestimate by hundreds of watts.

Look at power consumption tests on google of PCs with similar components to find out how much power it actually uses.

Alright, thank you.

1 minute ago, TowerCG said:

Alright, thank you.

Also remember that power consumption tests are measured at the wall before the PSU, not after the PSU, so the power the components themselves are using is about 10% less (assuming a 90% efficient PSU is used for the testing)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Also remember that power consumption tests are measured at the wall before the PSU, not after the PSU, so the power the components themselves are using is about 10% less (assuming a 90% efficient PSU is used for the testing)

Ah, okay... Makes sense. Thanks :D

4 minutes ago, TowerCG said:

Not swapping, running together. I'm a 3D Artist, and running two different cards together like that is better than running sli :)

Ahh right :P 

I'll also point out that that PSU is only a tier 4 on the psu list, and with a build like that i wouldn't risk using it to be honest. You should be aiming for a tier 1 or 2 psu ideally.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter