WoW or eso?

Joelbanks5
5 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

Which is better world of Warcraft or the elder scrolls online?

Well.. It's not the same kind of games. 
I've never played Elder Scrolls, but I'd go with WoW, there's a reason why it's the most played MMO game since 2004

That would depend on what you want. The Elder Scrolls online would be my preference due to my being a fan of the franchise and its lore, the fact that every single NPC and every single line of dialogue is fully-voiced, and the fact that it's a modern and rather good-looking title.

In terms of the payment model, The Elder Scrolls Online is buy-to-play, and there's only a one-time fee, which is what you pay when you buy the game, and the game is almost always on sale on Steam. World of Warcraft, to the extent of my knowledge, still requires a subscription, and will cost you a hell of a lot more in the long run.

Here's a review that seems to compare it to World of Warcraft specifically.

Ive never played ESO, but if your totally new to WoW, expect a learning curve.

The first 10-15 levels in questing, followed by dungeons til max level, then move onto LFR( looking for raid) pick up the tactics of the raid, find a guild that does similar stuff you like to do. 

Raid with said guild or friends until heavily geared.

While dungeoning, pick up some skills , cooking fishing, enchanting, jewelmaster, first aid, alchemy whatever to learn and get them to max level while you level.

Also, dont forget the mounts and pets, collect the ones you like, and can be easily attained or with some work to have a few different ridable animals. 

Rinse repeat til done. Thats WoW.

If youve never played its fun.

2 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Pretty time consuming, if you have troubles handling yourself ^^

wow

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

They both play very different. I quit WoW Ages ago, but it was a well made Game. I enjoyed ESO with Friends alot too. I guess you cant go wrong with either of them.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

50 minutes ago, PCMR Ricos said:

It's all down to personal preference, I would say elder scrolls online.

50 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Well.. It's not the same kind of games. 
I've never played Elder Scrolls, but I'd go with WoW, there's a reason why it's the most played MMO game since 2004

47 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

That would depend on what you want. The Elder Scrolls online would be my preference due to my being a fan of the franchise and its lore, the fact that every single NPC and every single line of dialogue is fully-voiced, and the fact that it's a modern and rather good-looking title.

In terms of the payment model, The Elder Scrolls Online is buy-to-play, and there's only a one-time fee, which is what you pay when you buy the game, and the game is almost always on sale on Steam. World of Warcraft, to the extent of my knowledge, still requires a subscription, and will cost you a hell of a lot more in the long run.

Here's a review that seems to compare it to World of Warcraft specifically.

43 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Ive never played ESO, but if your totally new to WoW, expect a learning curve.

The first 10-15 levels in questing, followed by dungeons til max level, then move onto LFR( looking for raid) pick up the tactics of the raid, find a guild that does similar stuff you like to do. 

Raid with said guild or friends until heavily geared.

While dungeoning, pick up some skills , cooking fishing, enchanting, jewelmaster, first aid, alchemy whatever to learn and get them to max level while you level.

Also, dont forget the mounts and pets, collect the ones you like, and can be easily attained or with some work to have a few different ridable animals. 

Rinse repeat til done. Thats WoW.

31 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

wow

The reason I ask is because I already own ESO but my friend plays WoW and I'm not sure if I should switch over, I've never been a big fan of subscription based games. But idk much between content, maybe WoW has some stuff that would really make it worth my money. I was talking to my friend and he was saying it's fairly similar to what I was explaining eso is.

Neither. MMO's are a dying genre.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

10 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

The reason I ask is because I already own ESO but my friend plays WoW and I'm not sure if I should switch over, I've never been a big fan of subscription based games. But idk much between content, maybe WoW has some stuff that would really make it worth my money. I was talking to my friend and he was saying it's fairly similar to what I was explaining eso is.

Why on earth would you have to 'switch over'? You don't have to pay for ESO if you stop playing- you already own the game. You only pay the initial fee, so you'll always have the game. 

World of Warcraft may have more content, but it's also a lot more money to spend, and you won't get access to all the content unless you get the higher-end subscriptions, which are really expensive.

Also, did you even watch the video I linked? Most of the review is about how different ESO is from World of Warcraft. 

14 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Why on earth would you have to 'switch over'? You don't have to pay for ESO if you stop playing- you already own the game. You only pay the initial fee, so you'll always have the game. 

World of Warcraft may have more content, but it's also a lot more money to spend, and you won't get access to all the content unless you get the higher-end subscriptions, which are really expensive.

Also, did you even watch the video I linked? Most of the review is about how different ESO is from World of Warcraft. 

I would switch because I like playing mmos with my friends. 

20 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

I would switch because I like playing mmos with my friends. 

Yeah, but you made it sound like you'd be giving one game up for the other, which is not the case when a title is buy-to-play.

1 hour ago, Aereldor said:

What are you talking about? WoW is 15 a month plus the cost of the dlcs. 

The other stuff is completely optional. 

WoW for sure, once you're up and running you'll easily make enough gold to buy your subscription time token from the AH.  All micro transactions are 100% optional.  

2 hours ago, Newenthusiast said:

WoW for sure, once you're up and running you'll easily make enough gold to buy your subscription time token from the AH.  All micro transactions are 100% optional.  

What do you mean make enough gold to buy my subscription?

6 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

He said higher end, which is optional, so he is correct to say that it's expensive.

21 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

What do you mean make enough gold to buy my subscription?

You can pay for your WoW subscription with a token you buy from the in game auction house, currently they cost around 50,000g which honestly i make in a week or two just doing normal day to day activities, not actual grinding/farming. 

7 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

Right, my mistake. I thought the variation in subscriptions were due to different levels of content availability, rather than varying intervals of payment (monthly, every 3 months, every 6 months).

5 hours ago, Newenthusiast said:

You can pay for your WoW subscription with a token you buy from the in game auction house, currently they cost around 50,000g which honestly i make in a week or two just doing normal day to day activities, not actual grinding/farming. 

So you're saying I can just buy the base game and with the first free month I have in it I can buy some token with on game currency (not real money) and I will have a set amount of months subscription?

Correct, when you buy the base game you will get a free level 100 boost to get you started i believe, i would suggest taking your time and experimenting with the option to test various classes and specs, once you're set on something create a character and boost it to 100 then you'll be able to enter current content and level up to 110 with the rest of us, you should get a good feel for what you're doing during this time. 

If you have any questions about how things work at some point in the future just PM me i'll be happy to help. 

1 hour ago, Joelbanks5 said:

So you're saying I can just buy the base game and with the first free month I have in it I can buy some token with on game currency (not real money) and I will have a set amount of months subscription?

Yes. 

You can do a little work in game and buy a token good for 1 month of game time. 

1 token is 50k gold.

I havent played since Mists of Pandaria. So im 2 expansions back. But ive got friends that play and they just loot everything, do some selling on the auction house and get money elsewhere

to pay for their subscription.

3 hours ago, Newenthusiast said:

Correct, when you buy the base game you will get a free level 100 boost to get you started i believe, i would suggest taking your time and experimenting with the option to test various classes and specs, once you're set on something create a character and boost it to 100 then you'll be able to enter current content and level up to 110 with the rest of us, you should get a good feel for what you're doing during this time. 

If you have any questions about how things work at some point in the future just PM me i'll be happy to help. 

Is gold very useful in WoW? I know in eso you get better equipment from dungeons and alliance war stuff than you do when you buy stuff from vendors. Plus all the horses are the same so gold for the most part is pretty useless (until the hearth fire update comes out in pretty sure) 

3 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

Yes. 

You can do a little work in game and buy a token good for 1 month of game time. 

1 token is 50k gold.

I havent played since Mists of Pandaria. So im 2 expansions back. But ive got friends that play and they just loot everything, do some selling on the auction house and get money elsewhere

to pay for their subscription.

From what I read the cost fluctuates depending on supply and demand.

Probably,  i havent played since way before those tokens. 

Probably just based off a servers economy. A high traffic/high population server has them for cheaper than a low pop/low traffic server.

Just like everything else in WOW. 

I used to be heavy heavy into the auction house. I cheated and botted into high level materials or low level ones that alot of people didnt see the point in. 

Just made the bot take some breaks and kept it looking human enough that I was never busted.

WOW for the win, but they are right in that they are very different titles.

I would say pay the free trial, see if you like it. I have played almost continually since WoW vanilla ( base game without any expansions) and I can say it is worth the money compared to the enjoyment.  You can pay for the monthly with in game gold which is pretty easy to come by once you are playing almost exclusive end game content, but don't count on it for the first few months at least.

Try it and let us know how you like it,