Alternative to the Corsair 350D?

shirokado

I'm trying to build my friend a system in the mATX formfactor. What are some alternatives to the 350D?

Why I'm not using the 350d? Because of the terrible build quality like the rest of the corsair obsidian cases.

I know build quality won't matter, but I find it important, so the flimsy obsidian cases just won't sit right with me. Any alternatives?

I don't really care about price range. I just have to charge my friend more for it.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Obsidian cases are very high quality, you can barely flex a clear side panel because it is made out of thick metal and the externals are made out of brushed aluminium, other cases have plastic parts. Someone recommended HAF here, I must say that I have HAF XM and I would switch it for Corsair Obsidian 750D or even 650D every day. 

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

silverstone

FT03

If ur hell bent on X, dont ask for X vs Y suggestions

Fractal design Arc mini, comes both in windowed (Arc mini R2) and normal version.

Fractal design R4 mini <-- best mATX case i know for cheap money.

Then we have stuff like my caselabs S5 if you are into watercooling, but the price jumps quite high, but the build quality is out of this world.

silverstone

FT03

^

and all bitfenix matx cases

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Obsidian cases are very high quality, you can barely flex a clear side panel because it is made out of thick metal and the externals are made out of brushed aluminium, other cases have plastic parts. Someone recommended HAF here, I must say that I have HAF XM and I would switch it for Corsair Obsidian 750D or even 650D every day. 

barley flex side panels? obsidian side panels have pretty flimsy side panels... i'd choose an antec 300 over the 750d.

this isn't just me hating on corsair, I'm fine with their other cases, the obsidian cases are just terrible though... but they look good, but built like shit.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Fractal mATX cases...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Prodigy MATX

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

That said, if Obsidian is an absolute no-go, the Define R4 is also a great choice.

Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 or Case Labs Mercury S5

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

barley flex side panels? obsidian side panels have pretty flimsy side panels... i'd choose an antec 300 over the 750d.

this isn't just me hating on corsair, I'm fine with their other cases, the obsidian cases are just terrible though... but they look good, but built like shit.

I have no idea what would make you think that. They're in no way "built like shit". Did you watch some bias review or read some fanboy thread about the obsidian cases? The obsidian series gave us what we know cases to be today. they're top

of the line. Just because a side panel bends a millimeter due to how thin it is, does not mean the case is "shit"

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

I have no idea what would make you think that. They're in no way "built like shit". Did you watch some bias review or read some fanboy thread about the obsidian cases? The obsidian series gave us what we know cases to be today. they're top

of the line. Just because a side panel bends a millimeter due to how thin it is, does not mean the case is "shit"

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have a 650d and a 350d, they are not built very well. They look pretty but their build quality is much lower then people expect them to be. The build quality of the 350d can be compared to my antec 300.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Anything from silverstone fractal or bitfenix will be well designed and reasonably priced