problem with rx 460

jol159
16 hours ago, Froody129 said:

The drivers that come on those disks are always horribly outdated. Go to the AMD or Sapphire sites and find the new drivers

Well it worked for a bit when i first installed the drivers that it came with, but then I did do what you said because i figured they were outdated and that's when everything went worse. Wouldn't get signal on my monitor after I downloaded the drivers from AMD. So I had to uninstall drivers, and take off the card. And I'm not sure if what I downloaded was correct either since they have like 3 options for that card. I downloaded the first option which said it was only drivers. 

Optional Downloads

Features

NAME FILE SIZE REVISION NUMBER RELEASE DATE DOWNLOAD LINK
Radeon Software 211 MB Crimson Edition 16.11.5 Hotfix 11/27/2016 *DOWNLOAD
Description:

Release Notes

NOTE
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Hotfix drivers are compatible with AMD Discrete graphics products.
For APU products please use AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2.
Radeon Software 299 MB Crimson Edition 16.9.2 10/4/2016 *DOWNLOAD
AMD Minimal Setup 12.5 MB Crimson Edition 16.9.2 10/4/2016 *DOWNLOAD
Description:

A Web-based installer that automatically downloads and installs the minimum required AMD driver components for your system. An Internet connection is required.

16 hours ago, Froody129 said:

The drivers that come on those disks are always horribly outdated. Go to the AMD or Sapphire sites and find the new drivers

ok, so i tried again what you said, and it seems to be working. But why does it lag to start? Without the GPU, the systems boots up in like 2 seconds, but with the GPU, it takes like 10 seconds ( i could be exaggerating a bit) but I can tell a difference. Is that normal? 

Just now, dorkiusmx said:

ok, so i tried again what you said, and it seems to be working. But why does it lag to start? Without the GPU, the systems boots up in like 2 seconds, but with the GPU, it takes like 10 seconds ( i could be exaggerating a bit) but I can tell a difference. Is that normal? 

Ok, I wasn't exaggerating about the start-up time. I timed it once it finished installing and it took 45 seconds for the computer to boot-up. That doesn't seem normal.....
Am I wrong about this? 

Did you make sure to completely uninstall all the old drivers? There's a tool for this but I forgot the name. Try downloading the complete driver package. As for the long boot I can only think its struggling to boot with different drivers trying to load

That's an F in the profile pic

Did you make sure to completely uninstall all the old drivers? There's a tool for this but I forgot the name. Try downloading the complete driver package. As for the long boot I can only think its struggling to boot with different drivers trying to load

3 hours ago, Froody129 said:

yup, i uninstalled everything, doubled checked in the program list and driver list as well. I downloaded the tool from AMD directly to install it fresh (not manual since there was like 3 options for that on the webpage. 

5 hours ago, dorkiusmx said:

yup, i uninstalled everything, doubled checked in the program list and driver list as well. I downloaded the tool from AMD directly to install it fresh (not manual since there was like 3 options for that on the webpage. 

Sorry, this is above me then, I hope you have some luck with your card 

5 hours ago, Froody129 said:

Sorry, this is above me then, I hope you have some luck with your card 

I'm waiting on tech support from both AMD and Sapphire to see if its fixable. I turned on my computer when I got home from work, and it took me 2 trys to get it to boot up. Apparently it doesn't like it when the monitor is off. 

6 hours ago, dorkiusmx said:

I'm waiting on tech support from both AMD and Sapphire to see if its fixable. I turned on my computer when I got home from work, and it took me 2 trys to get it to boot up. Apparently it doesn't like it when the monitor is off. 

I don't know if this is normal, but it happens to me too. If the monitor is off at the wall or unplugged then it won't detect input if I turn it on after turning on the PC. If I just turned it off with the off button it's fine though

7 hours ago, Froody129 said:

I don't know if this is normal, but it happens to me too. If the monitor is off at the wall or unplugged then it won't detect input if I turn it on after turning on the PC. If I just turned it off with the off button it's fine though

yeah, I had turned off the monitor not unplugged it so i turned on the pc, then the monitor and it didn't like it, wouldn't boot up. i reset the pc but had the monitor on already and it worked. 

Also AMD responded back stating that it could be that the bios is outdated which is causing the motherboard to not detect the card correctly, which is why its lagging, However, they mentioned the rx-480 card as well in that reply so I'm not sure if its correct or not since the rx-480 just came out, but I have the 460.  I emailed them back to clarify so hopefully I get a response soon. I'm not sure that the bios would make the computer lag if it was outdated. I would assume that the card wouldn't work at all instead and cause it to not send any signal at all to the monitor. But the lag seems different to me. 

I'm going to check the bios though, just in case. Ill let you guys know if that fixes the lag issue. 

12 hours ago, dorkiusmx said:

yeah, I had turned off the monitor not unplugged it so i turned on the pc, then the monitor and it didn't like it, wouldn't boot up. i reset the pc but had the monitor on already and it worked. 

Also AMD responded back stating that it could be that the bios is outdated which is causing the motherboard to not detect the card correctly, which is why its lagging, However, they mentioned the rx-480 card as well in that reply so I'm not sure if its correct or not since the rx-480 just came out, but I have the 460.  I emailed them back to clarify so hopefully I get a response soon. I'm not sure that the bios would make the computer lag if it was outdated. I would assume that the card wouldn't work at all instead and cause it to not send any signal at all to the monitor. But the lag seems different to me. 

I'm going to check the bios though, just in case. Ill let you guys know if that fixes the lag issue. 

So I ended up talking to both AMD and Sapphire about the issue, and they both recommended to return it as it seemed it was defective. I guess its one of those things that do happen. I'm getting the replacement Saturday latest. Hopefully the new one wont be defective. 

19 hours ago, dorkiusmx said:

So I ended up talking to both AMD and Sapphire about the issue, and they both recommended to return it as it seemed it was defective. I guess its one of those things that do happen. I'm getting the replacement Saturday latest. Hopefully the new one wont be defective. 

Good luck!