I just got a Corsair H100i v2. Any things I should know before installing?

Also, should I use my Arctic Silver thermal paste instead of what comes on it?

There's no need to replace the paste that already comes on the cooler.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Make sure to have another person with you to make the installation a lot easier. Screwing in fans and holding the radiator to screw in by yourself is a pain in the ass. Also make sure your Molex is plugged in as well as the USB 2.0. + corsair link is broken on some operating systems.

• OS: Windows 10/10 Pro  • SSD: Samsung 256GB 850 Evo Series *  • HDD: Seagate 1TB  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X (SLI)
• CPU: i7-4790K OC 4.7GHz Quad-Core Processor • Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W
• RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory • Mobo: MSI Gaming 5

I own the corsair H110i and I believe corsair has pre applied thermal paste on all there AIO coolers and from other forums it's a good thermal paste so you don't have to clean it and put your own on unless you really want to or you mess up the install. Just remember to put the back plate on and you should be good. And the spare USB2.0 port on the mobo for the corsair link. Pretty easy instal really.

O and download the corsair link software from the websight it will give you temperature of the CPU and SSDs( don't know if it tells you HDD temps as I don't have any)  and lighting effects to choose from as well and setting up fan curves and other things if you really want to get into it all 

1 minute ago, Monkey Dust said:

If this a new build, plug the 8PIN CPU power before installing the radiator in the roof.

I have the NZXT S340, so it goes on the front. Same thing?

Just now, Terabight said:

No, if the rad is going in the front it shouldn't get in the way of plugging anything in. With the rad in the roof it can block access to the 8 pin plug, causing much swearing if you put the rad in first.

3 minutes ago, Terabight said:

no, not the same thing. there are no plugs over there to interfere with. the reason he told you to install your 9pin before putting a radiator in the roof is because often times after you do that you cannot easily access the 8pin connector (if at all). If you install it in the front of your case its going to be anywhere near your motherboard, so its not going to interfere with your ability to plug anything in whatsoever.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:21 PM, Terabight said:

Also, should I use my Arctic Silver thermal paste instead of what comes on it?

The thermal paste on the copper plate is an unknown substance to you. Why would you keep that in your build? The artic silver is known to you and you know it's qualities. IMHO I would absolutely use the Artic silver. Also don't over tighten the screws to the pump/face plate. I use tx-4 but that's a personal choice.

4 hours ago, Shocktruppen said:

The thermal paste on the copper plate is an unknown substance to you. Why would you keep that in your build? The artic silver is known to you and you know it's qualities. IMHO I would absolutely use the Artic silver. Also don't over tighten the screws to the pump/face plate. I use tx-4 but that's a personal choice.

The thermal paste comes preapplied and performs well. There's no need to replace the paste.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.