Pokemon platinum aus version

Go to solution Solved by Technous285,

With my old Gen4 carts, that picture looks about right for the Aussie version of Platinum. NTR-****-AUS (eg: NTR-IPKE-AUS for my HeartGold cart) is the code for Australian DS (Codename: Nitro) carts.

Also, with those old carts, there wasn't much in the way of region lockout as I had D/P/Pt carts in US, Aus & EU regions (one of each) with my DSLite & DSi and all 3 carts worked fine in both units.

Wondering if anyone has detailed images of pokemon platinum australian cartridges? Colleague of mine is looking at acquiring a copy though I've been having a hard time finding a trustworthy quality image of a cartridge to go by

I don't have time atm to look too long for it so any help is appreciated

$_1.JPG

Do they have an aus version of the cardridge? o.O

I guess the way to tell is that it's upside down :P

/s

In all seriousness, i dont even think they make the cardridges visually different, it's just a region lock afaik.

5 hours ago, manikyath said:

/s

In all seriousness, i dont even think they make the cardridges visually different, it's just a region lock afaik.

Well I was more concerned about fakes.  Do you know of a good price guide site for older games?  It was just 50nok without shipping :S

2 hours ago, AnimeDudeJ said:

Well I was more concerned about fakes.  Do you know of a good price guide site for older games?  It was just 50nok without shipping :S

The problem with fakes is that some are just REALLY good. The best way is to search locally, and take your DS to test it. (And even then it may be a fake, just one that actually works)

A decent way to check for fakes is flipping it upside down and taking a look there. Does it have the Nintendo logo on the back? Does it have some info underneath that? Does it have a (9 digit) code underneath that? And even; does the PCB have writing on it? All DS games feature a code on the back, looking at my game it is something like "D <some letter, I had a J and I on my examples> <some letter> - <some number> IRC02-01" 

This is with a European cartridge though.

On 8/24/2016 at 8:12 AM, manikyath said:

/s

There is no region lock on the DS, I have played multiple American games on my European (3)DS.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Actually @Minibois there is region locking on the DSi where any DSi enhanced DS game is highly likely to be region locked (it will play in any regions DS system since the enhancements can't be used) which people referred to a region locking through the back door, and that region locking would also work on a 3DS (although there are some that will have DSi enhancements but won't have region locking probably because the cart is used almost globally).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2016 at 7:14 AM, Technous285 said:

With my old Gen4 carts, that picture looks about right for the Aussie version of Platinum. NTR-****-AUS (eg: NTR-IPKE-AUS for my HeartGold cart) is the code for Australian DS (Codename: Nitro) carts.

Also, with those old carts, there wasn't much in the way of region lockout as I had D/P/Pt carts in US, Aus & EU regions (one of each) with my DSLite & DSi and all 3 carts worked fine in both units.

that sounds good, he already ordered it since it was so cheap. i'm trembling with anticipation as if it actually works and we can trade pokemon then i might just pick one up myself as i found out after the fact that theres allot more to do in platinum as opposed to diamond/pearl :S (also sorry for late reply)