PlayStation Plus price increases to $60 ($70 CAD) starting September - no new features

GoodBytes
9 minutes ago, Prysin said:

occasionally you can get AAA titles. Ive had all dragon age games come up, some NBA game (i dont like NBA, but its a major sports title so whatever), i think even BF3 came up at some point.

Still, what you can get for free on PC matches that, and paid services are far superior. That the "free" games you "buy" are taken away if you stop paying is just disgusting. Even more so when they hike up the price over time.

9 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Still, what you can get for free on PC matches that, and paid services are far superior. That the "free" games you "buy" are taken away if you stop paying is just disgusting. Even more so when they hike up the price over time.

lol, and steam doesnt do this?
If you buy a game, and uninstall steam. No more work. Sure steam is free, but you have to get the game first.

PS+ also get additional discounts all year long, not just during sales (although during sales i can get 80-90% on craploads of things)

20 minutes ago, Prysin said:

lol, and steam doesnt do this?
If you buy a game, and uninstall steam. No more work. Sure steam is free, but you have to get the game first.

PS+ also get additional discounts all year long, not just during sales (although during sales i can get 80-90% on craploads of things)

You don't have to pay to keep your Steam account. You do have to pay to keep your PSN+ subscription. That's a crucial difference.

In addition, Steam is not the only way to get PC games. Origin gives out permanent copies of AAA PC games on a regular basis, and the Humble store has their subscription service that throws more games your way than you (or PSN+) can shake a stick at. Permanent copies, again, and that subscription also gives you a discount on the rest of their store.

7 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

You don't have to pay to keep your Steam account. You do have to pay to keep your PSN+ subscription. That's a crucial difference.

In addition, Steam is not the only way to get PC games. Origin gives out permanent copies of AAA PC games on a regular basis, and the Humble store has their subscription service that throws more games your way than you (or PSN+) can shake a stick at. Permanent copies, again, and that subscription also gives you a discount on the rest of their store.

You cant compare the markets as apples to apples. No one has an expectation that on consoles we will get the same saving on a pc. Its never been that way. All we've ever had is the used game market on consoles. Sony has added a service that did not exist before that allows you to rent games for the duration of your subscription. They also frequently heavily discounted games if you are subscribed (akin to steam sales and humble bundle), and you get to keep those. Its not as ideal as steam, but its also never existed on console before either. And most of those free games end up on sale for a few bucks so that you can keep them forever. 

Compared to what existed before its a great system and makes sense for the platform and meets the platforms expectations. 10$ more a year is hardly a gripe. If someone cant afford that then maybe the cost of owning a console is outside of their budget. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

9 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

Considering xbox live is same cost makes me wonder if Sony made deals with Microsoft to increase the prices which would be illegal as far I'm aware.

2FABA0FC00000578-3377831-image-a-14_1451

Probably not.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

21 hours ago, Gamessys said:

Hmm seems sketchy

Not really. What happens is that those sites get the keys from some place outside US where its cheaper. Since data dont cost a cent to transfer over the net, this means they can give you a key that they bought for like 20 bucks.

On 23/08/2016 at 2:28 AM, Technicolors said:

i'm guessing the price hike is for better free games for PS+ members... 

but as someone who owns playstation systems, it's a bit of a drag. most will have to pay for it anyways since it's the only way to play MP or use some online features

Most likely it is in fact to recouperate cash from investment in the PS4 slim and the all new PS4 Neo.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD