[SOLVED]Best ways to buy Antminers

Go to solution Solved by Bloody,

BTW, this problem is solved.

The best and cheapest way to get the best and 100% brandnew Antminers is from the manufacture itself.

There are 2 ways of paying them, wiring money and transferring BTC.

I recommend BTC because bank wiring from North America to China cost a lot, and they won't even receive full amount even when you already paid all the fee.

Also, use UPS for shipping method so you won't get hassled my the border custom.

Hello,

I live in Saskatchewan, Canada.

I want to start my rig and dig some coin (bitcoin I am talking about) :D

I wonder what is the best way to buy brand new Antminer machines? Of course, on there website they offer the best price ever, better than Amazon and ebay. And they are the latest batch too. However they ask for some import tax number, and require customers to wire money instead of credit card or paypal.

I really need some help here guys.

This is the one I really wanna start with: https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201606140744014851E341twm065B

So...you want to mine because you enjoy losing money?

Or is there another reason why you are trying to waste money?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

no guys, I needed to know how to get those, not opinion.

4 hours ago, Bloody said:

no guys, I needed to know how to get those, not opinion.

No, you don't need to know.

If that knowledge is given to you, I fear you'll actually buy those things and throw money at the garbage rather than doing something half useful with it. So we're not going to give you the answer you want, but rather the one you need: don't buy those.

You see, there's a reason for such: bitcoing mining is dead. Don't do it, period.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

As literally everyone else has said bitcoin mining is NOT profitable 99.9% of the time.

BUT if you really want to waste money on those, ( new ones came out so goodluck with the old ones) then get it through bitmain. They are cheapest/make them themselves. 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

22 hours ago, Cvdasfg said:

As literally everyone else has said bitcoin mining is NOT profitable 99.9% of the time.

BUT if you really want to waste money on those, ( new ones came out so goodluck with the old ones) then get it through bitmain. They are cheapest/make them themselves. 

Thanks very much for the advise.

Do you know anyone who has ever try paying Bitmain by wiring money? As I said I am just starting out, and I don't have bitcoin to pay them yet.

P/s: The reason I why I wanna try this out because currently I don't have to pay power bill. It's included in the rent, and the building has 18 floors with almost full tenants. 1400W of power wont be an issue.

2 hours ago, Bloody said:

Do you know anyone who has ever try paying Bitmain by wiring money? As I said I am just starting out, and I don't have bitcoin to pay them yet.

P/s: The reason I why I wanna try this out because currently I don't have to pay power bill. It's included in the rent, and the building has 18 floors with almost full tenants. 1400W of power wont be an issue.

Then build an ethereum farm :P I can assure you even with free power, btc wont be worth it.

They are safe to send money to, just make sure you follow the specific instructions. They are a very famous company and if they were scamming people it would be well known by now. 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

On 8/12/2016 at 0:47 PM, Bloody said:

You realize that this isn't only about power, right?

You're going to spend thousands on mining hardware and it will take you decades to get that money back.

So unless you plan to live in that same place for 50 years with free power, and unless you're lucky enough that your hardware doesn't die after all that time, it is just a complete waste.

You can make way more money by just buying some stocks and cashing in after a couple years.

Or put it in a bank with some 0.3% interest rate, that will get you more money than mining bitcoins.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On 2016-08-12 at 4:04 PM, Cvdasfg said:

Then build an ethereum farm :P I can assure you even with free power, btc wont be worth it.

They are safe to send money to, just make sure you follow the specific instructions. They are a very famous company and if they were scamming people it would be well known by now. 

Hello,

Yes I am already farming Ethereum, working great :)  I have a rig of 3xR9 390x set up (although I now realize R9 390x was a horrible mistake :()

I just wanna try BTC to learn, more like a hobby, haha

BTW, this problem is solved.

The best and cheapest way to get the best and 100% brandnew Antminers is from the manufacture itself.

There are 2 ways of paying them, wiring money and transferring BTC.

I recommend BTC because bank wiring from North America to China cost a lot, and they won't even receive full amount even when you already paid all the fee.

Also, use UPS for shipping method so you won't get hassled my the border custom.