144hz monitor switching to 60hz when streaming

bluefire908

Hey guys,i recently started streaming and i have  a duel monitor setup.My main monitor is an asus pg278q 1440p 144hz 27 inch monitor,i have another benq EW2440 1080p 60hz monitor for OBS n stuff,the problem is each time i switch on OBS and start streaming my game starts running at 60hz( i can see the difference when playing overwatch/dota 2),my fps stays at 120/150 but my screen feels really bad,i play games in border-less window mode,when im on full screen i get 144 hz but on borderless window it either A.goes to 60 hz when even when im not streaming or B.Plays in 144hz and switches to 60 hz after i click the stream now button.I use OBS studio to stream,my other problem is that my stream buffers a LOT like ever 3 sec,i checked this by finishing my stream then closing all  apps and checking my twitch dashboard.My stream seems to have a 30 min delay so if i could get that down to maybe something like 5 or 6 sec that would be awesome.I have a pretty good internet connection too.

OBS studio is pretty bad from what i have tried, go back to the old version. its MUCH better, i have problems with games sometimes runnig at 30FPS when i start them but im thinking this is related to the new windows update instead of OBS studio

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

OBS studio is pretty bad from what i have tried, go back to the old version. its MUCH better, i have problems with games sometimes runnig at 30FPS when i start them but im thinking this is related to the new windows update instead of OBS studio

i had the problem with the old obs too

Just now, bluefire908 said:

i had the problem with the old obs too

well then i dont know, are you on the latest version of windows 10 by any chance? i had no problems with FPS untill i got the latest windows 10 version

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

well then i dont know, are you on the latest version of windows 10 by any chance? i had no problems with FPS untill i got the latest windows 10 version

fps isnt the problem,its the refresh rate and no i haven't updated windows in a while 

Just now, bluefire908 said:

fps isnt the problem,its the refresh rate and no i haven't updated windows in a while 

well then i am out of ideas

Builds:

Spoiler

You might have to set the capture framerate in obs to 144, it is probably capping the refresh rate to avoid screen tearing in the stream. Also make sure you don't have a stream delay active, it should be like 10 seconds if you have reduce stream delay selected in twitch settings.

4 minutes ago, Pesukarhu said:

You might have to set the capture framerate in obs to 144, it is probably capping the refresh rate to avoid screen tearing in the stream. Also make sure you don't have a stream delay active, it should be like 10 seconds if you have reduce stream delay selected in twitch settings.

how do i set the capture framerate...also im not recording when i stream.

1 minute ago, bluefire908 said:

how do i set the capture framerate...also im not recording when i stream.

Settings -> video. It sets the properties for recording/streaming.