Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

4 hours ago, rajl said:

Yes confirm it please

Yes I can. I sent them Videos of my games, and they said, that it is looking not like that for them!

3 hours ago, Rylex said:

Yes I can. I sent them Videos of my games, and they said, that it is looking not like that for them!

Okay if that's true then we can say being on same network won't create problems. But it would not be confirmed until you can personally go to one of their houses and see it for yourself.

On 6/30/2020 at 3:33 PM, Neon77 said:

Hi, I'm new to this thread, but I also face these issues. Do you think the might be related to modding games? I started to notice them not so long after I started modding games (Fallout 4 and Nier:Automata) but it could completly unrelated as well. I thought of that because some mods affect .ini and .conf files (which are directly responsible for LoD,I suppose?) shaders (ReShade) or ENBs (not so sure about them, I think I saw some topics on forums saying they might affect global system settings). 

Sorry, if this question was asked before, but this thread goes for a few years now and I would spend days reading it from the beginning (well, still I've read like 30 pages). 

Dude that's quite interesting. Because I also modded Neir Automata. I was playing Neir Automata before starting GTA 5. And it started few days after starting with GTA 5. Could be unrelated but Interesting nevertheless. 

On 6/30/2020 at 2:51 PM, rajl said:

So that is why I said use a phone camera and post through it. I don't care about fps just that this new laptop of your brother's with win 8 which didn't have these problems you said, yeah we want that recording off a phone camera.

If you wanna see a screenshot I can do that. FPS are important because the shimmering, LOD  will not be visible if you don't move around which is extremely painful with 5-10 FPS on screen. Also It's not my brother's laptop and it doesn't have Win 8 (it's a Win 10 Laptop). I don't know if you are being sarcastic or have taken me for someone else. 

6 hours ago, sanz1112 said:

If you wanna see a screenshot I can do that. FPS are important because the shimmering, LOD  will not be visible if you don't move around which is extremely painful with 5-10 FPS on screen. Also It's not my brother's laptop and it doesn't have Win 8 (it's a Win 10 Laptop). I don't know if you are being sarcastic or have taken me for someone else. 

Oops! Sorry, I have mistaken you for someone else.

On 6/13/2020 at 9:40 PM, ixDriger said:

maybe it is a crazy thing 

but i am 100% sure that when i turn the computer on all of the mobiles at home are stuttering as hell

i tried this many times

stuttering disappears after about 2 hours of turning the computer off .

So what it could be ??!!

Yeah where are the recordings of your brother's laptop and your pc , please use mobile phone camera and upload through it, been waiting for more than 15 days, if people are going to disappear in the middle like this , how will we be helped?

I fixed mine today changing my monitor from 30Hz interlaced to 60Hz, used my pc for 6 months like this and didn't even notice.

I'd say it fixed 99% of it, something is still in there, but it certainly got much much better and i can actually play my games now without getting annoyed to hell.

Maybe this will help someone, hope it does!

8 hours ago, Cryptosporidium said:

I fixed mine today changing my monitor from 30Hz interlaced to 60Hz, used my pc for 6 months like this and didn't even notice.

I'd say it fixed 99% of it, something is still in there, but it certainly got much much better and i can actually play my games now without getting annoyed to hell.

How did u change it. When i try to change it at custom resolution I get an error in nvdia panel that my display not support it.

15 hours ago, Cryptosporidium said:

Here we go people using 30hz setting and claiming they have the same issue as us. But if it helps someone I won't mind.

12 hours ago, rajl said:

Here we go people using 30hz setting and claiming they have the same issue as us. But if it helps someone I won't mind.

Sad but true.

I format windows on a weekly basis and, maybe it's just my mind, but the situation is better when Windows is freshly installed and I don't let him download ANY update. Only the one necessary to play games which I let the launchers to download automatically.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 2:36 PM, sanz1112 said:

Guys, I have been affected by this same mysterious issue. I have gone through every page of this thread (Yes all 139 pages) and tried various fixes that worked for some people, like resetting CMOS, moving to different outlet, reinstalling the drivers, Nvdia Control panel etc.

It started after I installed GTA 5 from EPIC Game store, as you know it was free there few days ago, everything was fine for few days with GTA 5, I generally crank my graphics up before starting any New game campaign and if the performance is not satisfactory I work my way down with graphics settings to get the desired FPS.

So I started GTA 5 with everything maxed out and everything was crystal clear and I was amazed how good this game looks. However I was having few frames dips around the vegetation and where there is a lot of grass. Hence I thought lowering few settings down would be a good idea. I lowered the MSAA to X2 with FXAA ON and TXAA ON. (Earlier MSAA was at X8 with FXAA ON and TXAA was unconfigurable and was off). Everything went downhill after that. A lot of shimmering, jagged edges and everything you guys have been discussing here over 139 pages. I obviously turned all my settings to as they were before but that didn't fixed anything.

More-ever this has now been happening to all my games ever since and I'm desperately looking for a solution or at least wanted to know what is causing this.

Over 100's of pages I think it's not hardware related.

My issue also started when I downloaded gta 5 from epic games.

I think that we might be on to something here, I have seen at least 3 more users reporting that their problems started after installing gta5 from EG.

On 5/31/2020 at 8:00 PM, a_c_r_e_a_l said:

Very convincing statement. How do you know that? If you're after formats, reinstalling drivers etc. it is a sign, that something may be wrong with your hardware, because I have exactly same problem and it happened just overnight. So far I tried replacing GPU from RTX 2060 to GTX 1050Ti and it didn't help. Now I consider replacing PSU and MOBO. If you don't want to replace your parts then you will never find out what is the problem and keep playing with half measures like adjusting settings in nvidia inspector or something. You can try to move your PC to another place, at least you will eliminate power issues.

I see that you have Tomahawk motherboard. It's interesting because I have B450 Tomahawk and you can already suspect, that maybe the problem is related to it.

I don't think that the problem is the model of your mobo. I think that the problem may be every msi b450 mobo. 

But idk it's just another theory. 

I also have b450 tomahawk max but i dont think thats the problem becouse many people has this issue even before the release of this board. BTW anybody who has this problem and not b450 tomahawk/max? And anyone who replaced the b450 tomahawk to another board still have problem or fixed?

Also tomahawk, but the b350. Maybe there is something in all the tomahawk Mainboards, which was also in some Mainboards before the tomahawk ones, Wich triggered these issues?

Another useless theory. I have Gigabyte motherboard, on my old PC motherboard was Asus and in 2010 year I had Asus too when first time I experienced this problem's in games.

BUT I read on forums and YouTube that some people fixed their problem with new motherboard BUT people also reported that new PC build also had these problems too.

18 hours ago, Pstar said:

My issue also started when I downloaded gta 5 from epic games.

I think that we might be on to something here, I have seen at least 3 more users reporting that their problems started after installing gta5 from EG.

Do you remember what you did which triggered this problem for you in GTA 5. For me it started when for the first time I turned on Nvidia TXAA. I think somehow it is related to this. Since TXAA is suppose to reduce aliasing when camera is moving but exactly opposite happened. Something triggered when I first turned on TXAA. I don't know what and  I don't know how to fix this, but before that everything was pretty in GTA 5. I even tried non EG store version, a pirated version but all looked the same after that. 

7 hours ago, sanz1112 said:

Do you remember what you did which triggered this problem for you in GTA 5. For me it started when for the first time I turned on Nvidia TXAA. I think somehow it is related to this. Since TXAA is suppose to reduce aliasing when camera is moving but exactly opposite happened. Something triggered when I first turned on TXAA. I don't know what and  I don't know how to fix this, but before that everything was pretty in GTA 5. I even tried non EG store version, a pirated version but all looked the same after that. 

I don't know exactly what triggered it in my case. When I installed it I played for a while and than started to mess with settings. Next day any aa wasn't working and the game just looked bad.

But you theory about nvidia txaa might be true because I turned it on too

8 hours ago, Strider890 said:

Another useless theory. I have Gigabyte motherboard, on my old PC motherboard was Asus and in 2010 year I had Asus too when first time I experienced this problem's in games.

BUT I read on forums and YouTube that some people fixed their problem with new motherboard BUT people also reported that new PC build also had these problems too.

I just don't know at this point... this is just fucked up :(

Why not create a discord group for this issue, spread enough word to let the moderator know of it and ask him to include the discord links in the first page 

22 hours ago, Rylex said:

Also tomahawk, but the b350. Maybe there is something in all the tomahawk Mainboards, which was also in some Mainboards before the tomahawk ones, Wich triggered these issues?

I did have a B250 motherboard when the issue occured. However, I no longer have an MSI motherboard and the issue still persists.

Actually strange, I also have a b450 tomahawk motherboard

Ok 100%its not msi/b450 problem my older pc has fx6300 cpu i dont know the chipset of the MB but its asus with rx580 and everything is same compare to my ryzen 5 3600  b450 msi and rtx 2060 super. 

I think it is not a problem of a specific board, I have the asus z87k and an rx570 and I present the problem in most games

On 7/13/2020 at 6:03 AM, adarsh_techTips said:

Why not create a discord group for this issue, spread enough word to let the moderator know of it and ask him to include the discord links in the first page 

That's a great idea. It would be much easier to communicate and interact