Hi,

I strangely find comfort in a bit of white noise while using my headset.  I also love talking into my mic and being able to get reverberated sound that goes through the headset.  For example, when I'm on any voice chat software, Skype, Discord, TS, etc - I don't want to hear myself(like an echo) but only hear the white noise and the sound of my mic picking up my voice.  This way, I can determine how loud I'm being or whether I'm breathing into my microphone.  This feedback is vital to me because I love the clarity and crispness of headsets.

It's like talking in real life and hearing your own voice, I hope that makes sense - it just helps me stop from speaking too loudly.  I can accomplish this my motherboard's on board RealTek audio but not my Creative Sound Blaster Z.  On my Sound Blaster Z card that I bought yesterday, the headset feels completely muted, too quiet - almost to a fault.  Can anyone help?  For those who may be interested, here's the specs:

Soundcard: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ISU33E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All other PC Parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/xkzdXH

Thank you in advance

1 minute ago, ricky86 said:

Hi,

I strangely find comfort in a bit of white noise while using my headset.  I also love talking into my mic and being able to get reverberated sound that goes through the headset.  For example, when I'm on any voice chat software, Skype, Discord, TS, etc - I don't want to hear myself(like an echo) but only hear the white noise and the sound of my mic picking up my voice.  This way, I can determine how loud I'm being or whether I'm breathing into my microphone.  This feedback is vital to me because I love the clarity and crispness of headsets.

It's like talking in real life and hearing your own voice, I hope that makes sense - it just helps me stop from speaking too loudly.  I can accomplish this my motherboard's on board RealTek audio but not my Creative Sound Blaster Z.  On my Sound Blaster Z card that I bought yesterday, the headset feels completely muted, too quiet - almost to a fault.  Can anyone help?  For those who may be interested, here's the specs:

Soundcard: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ISU33E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All other PC Parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/xkzdXH

Thank you in advance

Go on youtube, find a video of white noise, play it in the background in a playlist with adblock. done.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

If you read the post at all you would know that my main concern is not white noise in itself but more or less feedback from my microphone.

If you read the post at all you would know that my main concern is not white noise in itself but more or less feedback from my microphone.

You can do it in windows settings, there's a way to listen to you mic at a low volume.

And I did read the post, but it was unclear, and not at all concise.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

The issue I'm having is hard to describe but your response earlier was not anymore helpful.  Thank you for the advice - I have tried this with my new sound card and there are less options to toy with in the recording settings as opposing to the realtek drivers.  I wonder if checking "Listen to this device" with my soundcard enabled would do the trick.  If it did and it created an echo, is there a work around to this?

If not, are there any other solutions?  I believe "Listen to this device" is literally what I am looking for minus the echo.

The issue I'm having is hard to describe but your response earlier was not anymore helpful.  Thank you for the advice - I have tried this with my new sound card and there are less options to toy with in the recording settings as opposing to the realtek drivers.  I wonder if checking "Listen to this device" with my soundcard enabled would do the trick.  If it did and it created an echo, is there a work around to this?

If not, are there any other solutions?  I believe "Listen to this device" is literally what I am looking for minus the echo.

It would probably work, yes. Also, the quote feature on the forums means people can see when you reply, so this notifies you.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

It would probably work, yes. Also, the quote feature on the forums means people can see when you reply, so this notifies you.

Thanks.  Do you have any alternative solutions in the event that does not work? Or, do I just need to buy different cards and test that feature and see if it works? Usually, with generic on board audio or even my older Creative card (which my mobo does not support), I could go into the playback settings and the microphone slider would be muted. If I unmuted it, that worked too.  But this particular card that I just purchased is really limiting my options.  

So, I tested it.  It doesn't work.  The white noise came which I love, but I can hear myself and its distracting.  How do I get rid of that and keep the white noise?

oi @SSL get in here, you know this better than me :D

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

46 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

oi @SSL get in here, you know this better than me :D

I'm not sure I understand what's going on here.

20 minutes ago, SSL said:

I'm not sure I understand what's going on here.

I think he has noise in his soundcard, not sure

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.