PSU Tier List [OLD]

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

This is a legacy list. It is no longer being updated.

The new PSU Tier List can be found here:

3 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Can I just have your old platinum? I need to do stupid things and crossfire my 7950 with my 7970.

Lol. I wish I could brother. Unfortunately the new Seasonic's aren't exactly cheap. Neither are the old ones really.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Just now, VagabondWraith said:

Lol. I wish I could brother. Unfortunately the new Seasonic's aren't exactly cheap. Neither are the old ones really.

:C, but I need it for my inevitable collection of 7950s and 7970s that I'll crossfire.

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

If you don't give me a SeaSonic, my cat will cry. Also my Seasonic died today. 

1474640335456-1672198772.jpg

4 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

2 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

If you don't give me a SeaSonic, my cat will cry. Also my Seasonic died today. 

If he ends up giving it away, I call dibs.

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

If he ends up giving it away, I call dibs.

But my PSU is a fire in a metal box, you have a SeaSonic made PSU. 

3 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

I was thinking around $90. Probably put it up on eBay.

I've a feeling that's a great price for it, but I can't afford it :(

I also suspect it won't fit in my case.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

I've a feeling that's a great price for it, but I can't afford it :(

I also suspect it won't fit in my case.

I've seen them go between $80-100 on eBay so I figured $90 would be a good middle ground to start with.

Do you have a SFF case?

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

19 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

I've seen them go between $80-100 on eBay so I figured $90 would be a good middle ground to start with.

Do you have a SFF case?

Kind of. Take a look.

Spoiler

82jtOnp.jpg

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

But my PSU is a fire in a metal box, you have a SeaSonic made PSU. 

EarthWatts is Seasonic?

1 hour ago, Starelementpoke said:

EarthWatts is Seasonic?

If it's the first version, it's an Seasonic ET internally.

The second version is Delta, as well as the third.

4 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

EarthWatts is Seasonic?

2 hours ago, quan289 said:

If it's the first version, it's an Seasonic ET internally.

The second version is Delta, as well as the third.

Oh, I thought the all of the "Antec Earthwatts" was Seasonic and the "Antec Earthwatts Green" was Delta, though that isn't the case

Just looking it up now, there are some FSP models too, but they are Gold and Platinum

Antec should really come up with some new PSU names, most of the realhardtechx table about Antec is about the Basiq, VP, Earthwatts and Neo Eco. That Silverstone Strider Plus guy should be complaining about the Antec line up instead.

On a side note, I have possibly just discovered a decent AT PSU (Antec PP380V) for my planned 486 PC, the question is I can source it.

19 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Oh, I thought the all of the "Antec Earthwatts" was Seasonic and the "Antec Earthwatts Green" was Delta, though that isn't the case

Just looking it up now, there are some FSP models too, but they are Gold and Platinum

Antec should really come up with some new PSU names, most of the realhardtechx table about Antec is about the Basiq, VP, Earthwatts and Neo Eco. That Silverstone Strider Plus guy should be complaining about the Antec line up instead.

On a side note, I have possibly just discovered a decent AT PSU (Antec PP380V) for my planned 486 PC, the question is I can source it.

Yep, the Earthwatts Gold and Platinum are FSP Aurum / Aurum 92+. Kind of forgot about them... lol

And yes, both Thermaltake and Antec have very confusing naming schemes. For example, while both are made by Delta, Antec VP550F is different from VPF550. The VPF550 (EU model) is the same platform as the new, updated 550w Earthwatt Green (US model) with the black housing (not green housing), which is as also the same as the Neo ECO II (Asia Pacific) but with full Japanese caps and all sleeved cables (not individually sleeved). Thermaltake simply like mixing various of OEMs and platform of varying qualities within a series like the TR2 series...

5 minutes ago, quan289 said:

Yep, the Earthwatts Gold and Platinum are FSP Aurum / Aurum 92+. Kind of forgot about them... lol

And yes, both Thermaltake and Antec have very confusing naming schemes. For example, while both are made by Delta, Antec VP550F is different from VPF550. The VPF550 (EU model) is the same platform as the new, updated 550w Earthwatt Green (US model) with the black housing (not green housing), which is as also the same as the Neo ECO II (Asia Pacific) but with full Japanese caps and all sleeved cables (not individually sleeved). Thermaltake simply like mixing various of OEMs and platform of varying qualities within a series like the TR2 series...

Agreed, i am looking for good used PSUs for secondary computers I am not even considering the TR2 (or any TT PSU) line because it is so hard to decipher and the gumtree listing don't make it easy to know which one I am getting even if I was considering buying it.

6 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Agreed, i am looking for good used PSUs for secondary computers I am not even considering the TR2 (or any TT PSU) line because it is so hard to decipher and the gumtree listing don't make it easy to know which one I am getting even if I was considering buying it.

Thermaltakes are easy.

Any Toughpower / DPS = Fine

Other models = not fine

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

How do you feel about these units? (Price in AUD)

Antec Basiq BP550 Plus (Delta) $55 Buy it now (on whitelist)

Antec Neo HE500 (Seasonic) $35 at Auction (on whitelist, tier 2 class A on very old LTT PSU tier)

Antec Truepower Quattro TPQ-850  $70 at Auction (tier 2 class A on very old LTT PSU tier)

Zalman ZM600-HP $57 Buy it now. (tier 2 class A on very old LTT PSU tier)

Corsair RM450 $50 at Auction (tier 3)

For context, the XFX TS 550W sells for $79 new

Are any of these worth getting? I am probably going to use them for a used gaming PC, it would probably have an i5 and a GTX 760.

4 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

How do you feel about these units? (Price in AUD)

Antec Basiq BP550 Plus (Delta) $55 Buy it now (on whitelist)

Antec Neo HE500 (Seasonic) $35 at Auction (on whitelist, tier 2 class A on very old LTT PSU tier)

Antec Truepower Quattro TPQ-850  $70 at Auction (tier 2 class A on very old LTT PSU tier)

Zalman ZM600-HP $57 Buy it now. (tier 2 class A on very old LTT PSU tier)

Corsair RM450 $50 at Auction (tier 3)

For context, the XFX TS 550W sells for $79 new

Are any of these worth getting? I am probably going to use them for a used gaming PC, it would probably have an i5 and a GTX 760.

The TP Quattro is pretty good as well as the RM450. Either of those will work fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

5 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The TP Quattro is pretty good as well as the RM450. Either of those will work fine.

Would $80 Inc shipping for the TP Quattro and $65 Inc shipping for the RM be what I should stop at, or should I go a little higher? 

For context, the HCGM 520W sells for $105 new, the EVGA B 500W sells for $79. 

26 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Would $80 Inc shipping for the TP Quattro and $65 Inc shipping for the RM be what I should stop at, or should I go a little higher? 

For context, the HCGM 520W sells for $105 new, the EVGA B 500W sells for $79. 

Both are a decent deal but I'd think the RM would be fine for $15 less.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

There is some new Corsair VS's, they have got the new white label make over too. They are also still 80+ White, that said they support 100-240V

They are now in 400W (RRP $50), 500W ($60) and 600W ($70) varieties.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vs-series-vs600-600-watt-80-plus-white-certified-psu-na

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vs-series-vs500-500-watt-80-plus-white-certified-psu-na

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vs-series-vs400-400-watt-80-plus-white-certified-psu-na

I cannot find any reviews on them yet, but this should be interesting.

1 hour ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

There is some new Corsair VS's, they have got the new white label make over too. They are also still 80+ White, that said they support 100-240V

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vs-series-vs600-600-watt-80-plus-white-certified-psu-na

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vs-series-vs500-500-watt-80-plus-white-certified-psu-na

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vs-series-vs400-400-watt-80-plus-white-certified-psu-na

Thanks for the find!

I won't recommend them before reviews are out, because there's a chance that they're the same platform.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

At least it's got PFC and Corsair says it can deliver its rated power continuously at 40C.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

That casing is basically identical to the EVGA white PSUs...I'd laugh if it was the same PSU but rebranded...(yes I know casing isn't everything or anything but it literally is the same casing...)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

14 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

That casing is basically identical to the EVGA white PSUs...I'd laugh if it was the same PSU but rebranded...(yes I know casing isn't everything or anything but it literally is the same casing...)

I noticed that, I was just like "hello that's actually an EVGA 500W"

I'm guessing it's gonna be only slightly better than the old one.

2 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

The older VS always had that housing, btw. Corsair pretty much took the old stock pictures and photoshopped the new white label labeled in.

1 hour ago, quan289 said:

The older VS always had that housing, btw. Corsair pretty much took the old stock pictures and photoshopped the new white label labeled in.

To paraphrase, we don't know that the new VS is actually new.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler