How To Cheat in Pokemon Go

There's so much wrong with this video, but I'm going to focus on the ludicrous "justification". So, are you going to make cheating tips videos for CS:GO or <insert game> here, because there are people who only have one hand? No hands? Are just bad in general?

Remember Ingress? It was a really cool game until the cheater <> Niantic war began. They had to implement so much cheating protection that

• The game got significantly slower
  • People got false-flagged
  • More cell data usage
  • More crashes

and that's without anyone with, oh I don't know, 3 Million subscribers advising people how to cheat. I mean, what the hell did you think would happen? Was there no one who voiced any concern about this video.

Sure, it's just a game. But you are Players, too. No matter what the game is, having more people cheat is always a bad idea. And now from the LMG perspective: This video was a waste of money! Because there are channels with lower quality content advising people how to cheat already. So this content is not only needlessly <not very intelligent>, but also redundant. There could've been a video in place of this generating more positive feedback and more traffic (i.e. more money).

This video didn't have to exist, neither from a moral, nor from a business standpoint.

6 hours ago, Technicolors said:

i don't know about this video. seems pretty weird to post something on how to cheat on the most popular smartphone game right now (and using something as shady as lucky patcher...). i can understand that it could be used for people with disabilities, but you're still risking a ban. instead just ask the devs if they can add some accessibility features for disabled persons. 

and i don't think warning people about they could get banned from doing this cheat will make it seem better to try it out anyways

How is lucky patcher shady?

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I can't leave my house, so I can't go to pokestops or gyms to progress, so a location spoof would be ideal to at least visit those closest to me

This doesn't work for me.... =( PoGo just keeps saying "Can't detect GPS"

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

How to play without spending a ton of money on data. Thanks. This was the only reason I rarely played it. I just don't have $100 to spend on data to play the game. It would be nice if I could just download the GPS location map without using data.

As for the people complaining, if you don't like it then don't do it, or don't watch it. Nobody cares if you didn't get your way because a youtube channel decided to do what they want. They do what they want, you do not run linustechtips, LMG does.

It would be cool if there was a way to implement a system where you could play without data (saved map of your area?)

@Slick @nicklmg I think the reason for all the dislikes might be when Luke says "If you are tired of hearing about Pokemon go, press the dislike button" Other than that I don't understand how the dislike bar is so large on this video, I found it very helpful and enjoyable.

1 minute ago, Inkz said:

@Slick @nicklmg I think the reason for all the dislikes might be when Luke says "If you are tired of hearing about Pokemon go, press the dislike button" Other than that I don't understand how the dislike bar is so large on this video, I found it very helpful and enjoyable.

No, it's special snowflake kids who get mad because they uploaded a video on how to cheat, which is actually very useful for people, who for example can't afford or don't have a data plan. If people are still walking around in their backyard or some shit then I guess it's alright. Doesn't entirely defeat the purpose of the game. I don't think they should have promoted the second one though, as that's outright blatant cheating and completely ruins the point of the game.

4 hours ago, ik1nky said:

Pathetic video, you guys should be ashamed.

It would be a lot more helpful to everyone if you said why, instead of just saying it is bad.

anyone know where to get Fake gps from? 

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Video does alot more harm than good. It might help a few, but it makes 100x more people just exploit the game making the experience worse for everyone else. Just seemed out of place for LTT and a bit of a cashgrab.

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

53 minutes ago, Nav1tech said:

Video does alot more harm than good. It might help a few, but it makes 100x more people just exploit the game making the experience worse for everyone else. Just seemed out of place for LTT and a bit of a cashgrab.

If you decide to do it then that is your own fault. Nobody is pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to cheat, so if you decide to do it, then it's your own fault.

This definitely has the feeling of a "me too" sort of thing from LMG to grab those precious google searches for MonGo right now. I just wish they had done a video that explained the game FAP-style or something instead of a video on how to exploit a game and potentially ruin the expirience for legit players. 

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

14 hours ago, Soumyangel said:

does in work on wifi? it crashes on my moto g2 i was almost gonna catch a bulbasaur...do u need 2g or wifi?

It is just generally very glitchy being only V1.0... i frequently have to close and reopen or wait for it to reload. Any internet connection works but maybe 2g isn't fast enough for the game

2 hours ago, Inkz said:

It would be a lot more helpful to everyone if you said why, instead of just saying it is bad.

There's no reason to say why when there is context. But let me humor you:

-Its hypocritical. Luke and Linus have complained about cheaters many times on the WAN show, now they're showing people how to cheat.

-There's no need for this video. There are already plenty of sources that show how to do this.

-Cheating is bad mkay?

2 hours ago, KingKeith55 said:

How to play without spending a ton of money on data. Thanks. This was the only reason I rarely played it. I just don't have $100 to spend on data to play the game. It would be nice if I could just download the GPS location map without using data.

As for the people complaining, if you don't like it then don't do it, or don't watch it. Nobody cares if you didn't get your way because a youtube channel decided to do what they want. They do what they want, you do not run linustechtips, LMG does.

It would be cool if there was a way to implement a system where you could play without data (saved map of your area?)

You can save the maps locations. Its using the maps api, so download whichever areas you want in Google Maps.

1 hour ago, ik1nky said:

There's no reason to say why when there is context. But let me humor you:

-Its hypocritical. Luke and Linus have complained about cheaters many times on the WAN show, now they're showing people how to cheat.

-There's no need for this video. There are already plenty of sources that show how to do this.

-Cheating is bad mkay?

That tells a lot more, thanks. For the no need for the video pat, you could also argue there is no need for them to do a computer build guide since there are hundreds online, or you could say why would you watch one of their vlogs when their are hundreds of other good ones online? The answer is because most people who watch LTT like to also see LTT's take on a topic.One of the main points is for people who live really far away from landmarks and such would have a really hard time to do so. If it wasn't a multiplayer game the only person who gets less enjoyment out of it is you. For example I used console commands to get out of a glitch where I was stuck in place in Fallout 4, does that make me an unmoral person? Using mods or cheats is not inherently a bad thing, unless it is multiplayer. While I do get both sides of the argument I do see why it is bad for a multiplayer game, and there is no reason to be rude when we could just have a civil conversation.

4 hours ago, brollybg said:

If you decide to do it then that is your own fault. Nobody is pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to cheat, so if you decide to do it, then it's your own fault.

Yes but cheaters impact other peoples experience. Good look trying to take a gym away from someone cheating. It not a big deal but just seems out of character for LTT.  The ways to cheat are out there but when someone with LTTs reach promotes it, it makes everyones gaming experience worse. This applies to any gaming comunity, but PokemonGo is hot right now and LTT needs to keep the lights running I guess.

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

14 hours ago, CollinstheClown said:

I had to make an account to voice my disgust with this video.

I have been playing ingress for 3 years now and we constantly have to battle spoofers and bots. It's not fun, and it's not ok. Regardless of your personal situation, cheating the game is wrong.

Let me put you in our shoes.... You spend a few days to a week pouring over the intel map, looking for the perfect set of anchors for a big field. You find a good set, and pass the info to some planners on your team. You and the team tweak the plan and get it just right. Then you gather a few agents with a 150 mile radius and request they gather all the keys needed to make it happen. After these few agents spend hours farming and driving you pick a place to meet and swap keys. Next comes picking a date to do the op. You wanna plan it for the next cycle, so you have to wait a few days. In the meantime you enlist the help of dozens of fellow agents along the linking rails to prepare to clear. The wait continues, and you get anxious.

The day comes... 5 hours until checkpoint. You send the command to start clearing. Like magic dozens of agents spring into action, and links start falling. Couple hours go by and everything is looking great. Suddenly you notice the other team has started to throw links blocking the field in a remote area. Panic sets in as you scramble to find an available agent. By some miracle a local agent had a half day and is able to save the whole thing. 30 minutes to go. The last couple links are about to go down 20 minutes left... Lanes are clear and the layers start going up! 15 minutes to spare and the field is up in all of its glory. A sure victory for the cell in a mere 15 minutes. 10 minutes, now 5. What's this? An anchor is being attacked! Agents on the field search high and low but no one is to be found... Down goes the field. With it days of work, gallons of gas, money, and sure victory. All thanks to agent spooferz4lyfe#420blazeit.

No, that's not Pokemon Go. However you're basically teaching people how to cheat both games. It's only a matter of time until Go features more broad team based stuff, and spoofing is going to kill it. After something like this happens you don't want to play the game anymore, it's incredibly discouraging.

Please consider killing this video...

13 hours ago, Turbo Developers said:

There's so much wrong with this video, but I'm going to focus on the ludicrous "justification". So, are you going to make cheating tips videos for CS:GO or <insert game> here, because there are people who only have one hand? No hands? Are just bad in general?

Remember Ingress? It was a really cool game until the cheater <> Niantic war began. They had to implement so much cheating protection that

• The game got significantly slower
  • People got false-flagged
  • More cell data usage
  • More crashes

and that's without anyone with, oh I don't know, 3 Million subscribers advising people how to cheat. I mean, what the hell did you think would happen? Was there no one who voiced any concern about this video.

Sure, it's just a game. But you are Players, too. No matter what the game is, having more people cheat is always a bad idea. And now from the LMG perspective: This video was a waste of money! Because there are channels with lower quality content advising people how to cheat already. So this content is not only needlessly <not very intelligent>, but also redundant. There could've been a video in place of this generating more positive feedback and more traffic (i.e. more money).

This video didn't have to exist, neither from a moral, nor from a business standpoint.

5 hours ago, Qub3d said:

This definitely has the feeling of a "me too" sort of thing from LMG to grab those precious google searches for MonGo right now. I just wish they had done a video that explained the game FAP-style or something instead of a video on how to exploit a game and potentially ruin the expirience for legit players. 

TLDR: legit players not happy that a how to get started cheating guide is posted on a LTT YouTube video.

Cheating, no matter the circumstances, is still cheating.

LTT may not have the obligation to ensure that they don't post shit, but with as many viewers as they have, they do have a social responsibility not to post shit like this.

gps,camera and data running at the same time....battery eater game i guess..

i7 4790,zotac nvidia gtx 960,16 gb ddr 3 corsair vengeance,cm b600 v2,gigabyte h97md3h,2tb seagate+2tb wd,samsung 20",asus xonar dg + 5.1 creative,sennheiser hd202,cooler master elite 311,apc rs 1000g,logitech c270,xbox 360 controller for windows and d link wifi router..

14 hours ago, brollybg said:

It really isn't just "his own fault", cheating impacts everyone who plays the game, which is roughly 9 million people. I don't hear ANYONE in the CS:GO community saying "hey who cares if a very popular youtuber releases a video on how to cheat, if those people decide to cheat it's their own fault". That is just stupid, cheating impacts effects not only the person who cheats but everyone who plays with/against them. Cheating should not be condoned in any game, and it definitely shouldn't be condoned by a large youtube channel like LMG

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

what if I have a tablet that has regular windows 10 and have gps. ive downloaded the game with bluestacks but it keeps saying couldn find gps signal (or something like that)

Honestly I don't see any way to spoof cheat viable long term. The game has access to 6DoF data right? Well you are gonna need to start spoofing that. What about IP addresses, gotta spoof that too. What about wifi hotspots, gonna need to be able to spoof that too, to do this you will need to know where they are.

I have lvl 13 account and I am till tempted to try cheats... It is terible in my city all places only have like 4 types of pokemons weedle ratate pigy drowsy and I went by huge river for kilometers to not find single water pokemon... I ve pretty much been everywhere around my house 10+ km range and even took train one day to different city 40 km away to find same pokemon

If I lived in some big usa city I would be like lvl 20 or so already