LG PF1000U Short Throw Projector

This makes home cinema available in my tiny apartment. Definitely would like to get hands on one of these. 

Because it is so small, it any possible chance for it to be overheat?

10 hours ago, CPotter said:

LG: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/29zHc78
Amazon International: http://geni.us/WRLmb

LG was looking to showcase their projector, we put it to the test to see how it stands up as part of a mobile gaming setup.

About the lg pf1000u ultra short i think it's so brilliant and it the technology to replace all screen 

I do not see the noise on LGs site or spec list, noise is vary important when you have that 'movie moment' you don't want to hear *WERRR* of a fan. Did LG tell you the Audible Noise (example: 23 dB) for this model. It is kinda expensive to buy not knowing this.

Just like anything with a fan in it, they should publish there audible noise, I suspect that it it was too bad Linus may have tried a Noctua-refit.

i would use it as a new computer screen lol

Can somebody ID the two songs which are played at the video?I am more interested in first one. @LinusTech could help here a bit. :)

Never thought much about projectors, but love the LG OLED I have. Would be interesting to see how they compare side by side and since I also have a Blade, to redo the backpack thing, alongside my portable ifi amplifier and HD800s. I could literally be the most tech-ed out homeless in the world.

This projector looks interesting to me :)

The Linus Mobile Command Station project is a go. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Very cool. I've seriously considered this projector, though I already have a Sony HW40 mounted on my ceiling, so I don't have an incentive to buy the PF1000.

One comment on the Bluetooth sound bar: Using Bluetooth sound on the PF1000 adds a lot of latency. I think it's around 100 ms. So for gaming, it's probably not a good idea to use the Bluetooth sound. Since the projector is in the front of the room anyway, an optical sound bar makes more sense.

Cheers.

I think that it is awesome and i would love to have one as i could put it on my desk and have it on the blank wall in front, its really bad ass.

I would sell my kidney for this projector.... But I can't choose which one I like more...
Please save my kidneys.

@nicklmg

Will we be seeing a real review of this?  The video was cool and all.  But this product is really interesting and I would like to see a full review.  Or at least what Linus though of the image quality and how it compares to a normal projector.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

This would be amazing to have in my bedroom!  I'm always looking for ways to improve my setup, so I would definitely enjoy using this projector :)

I think a number of these projectors would be fantastic for setting up a room to use as a cockpit for DCS-World!

This projector is awesome in every right being that it is a small cheap projector and would be awesome with the way you could use it and now let me tell you a story!!!

A broke college student works his summer away to build a new desktop and than hes like hmm what would go great with that a projector to watch movies with friends and play games you say. THE SHEER AMOUNT OF AWESOME IS OBSCENE! 

I know I overreact... Its what I do!

Except for the price, it's actually very practical without sacrificing video quality. It's less portable than small hd projectors, but not inconvenient to transport. Would you need to (or suggest to) wrap it in anything or will a mildly padded backpack actually suffice?

I have to be honest it looks pretty slick for a projector. Would like to look at the color accuracy though, the video did not pick up the actual colors at all. And the resolution for a 100'' display is a little lacking at only 1080p. just make it smaller i guess, overall looks kind of neat and interesting.

It's good for project presentation all you have to do a big white wall.maybe good sound system. its done...

YES PLEASE ! In Bulgaria to get this is waaaay to expensive, and since i have no TV just my PC monitor this will be a lot to help me out to watch movies and play games with my GF and friends 

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590, ​CPU cooling Corsair H100i with Noctua PPC NF-F 120,  GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5, RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro 8BG, PSU Corsair CS650M, SSD Intel 530 120GB, HDD WD Green 3TBCase Corsair Obsidian 750D, Display  BenQ XL2420Z, Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013, Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2013, Sound Razer Ferox, Headphones Razer Kraken Forged Edition.

Seems cool , small and compact , just what i need :)

On 10/07/2016 at 7:19 AM, D_vein said:

Oh hell yes please..... Plus to buy this in Australian $$$ just way too much *sigh.

Same, Here in England, there over £1.176.53p Sterling, Like I said on Youtube channel, maybe if and when the price drops and, only if i get bored of VR which I doubt. 

! I Want To Believe !