LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Super nice projector! The short throw distance is amazing!!

I'll use this baby for my school presentation and also let my parents watch film

One of the annoying things about projectors are the above and behind you (most often), with the added hassle of cabling. You also get the iconic light beam across the room showing of all the dust in the air xD

This however would be brilliant, and a lot cheaper than the Sony laser projector, that costs the same as an expensive sedan.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

perfect if you have a really narrow but tall and wide room!!!

Wow this projector is super cool!!! I would totally love to play on my bed facing my ceiling! Super awesome and great form factor!

Amazing optic engineering here. I can only imagine how many man hours went into designing and testing this.

I want to play Skyrim Special Edition on that thing soooooo badly also marathon Harry Potter and the first three lord of the rings movies and soooo many more things

16 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I love how everyone in the comments is trying to one up each other. Lol I hope I win...

I think this is the first portable projector I've ever seen that would actually be useful in any way.

Thats a pretty BA projector!  I could throw a pretty awesome SB party with it!

I throw dance parties, do the occasional art instillation, and host gaming nights. 

This projector would completely change how I do things. Being able to get a projection right behind the DJ without lighting up the whole room or needing a ton of space opens up a lot of cool visual possibilities. I can also see hosting underground movie nights with this and the sound equipment I already have. 

EDIT
Projecting razor sharp pixel graphics on a huge wall sounds fantastic too!

That's so cool! I could play games with my friend when he comes over or I can let my mom use it in her class room. I really love this and would be great to use!

update: shoot, I was thinking I could buy one if I don't win, waaaayyy too expensive for me to just purchase. 

Edited by Wolf585
  • CPU
    Intel I-7 6700
  • Motherboard
    Msi Z270i Pro Gaming Carbon AC
  • RAM
    16 GB Crucial
  • GPU
    Msi 4gb GTX 960
  • Case
    Corsair 380t
  • Storage
    Seagate FireCuda 1TB
  • PSU
    Random Antec 500w from 2010
  • Display(s)
    Asus VS278
  • Cooling
    Exhaust: LTT NF-F12 Intake: Thermaltake Riing 140mm Orange Heatsink:corsair H75
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G105
  • Sound
    Onkyo 5.1 surround Theater Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

To enter the giveaway:

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

That looks like an amazing projector for a small room. 

Easy to setup, large image, generally a cool product :)

I actually really like using proyectors for gaming, i remember when i was in military school when on weekends, our Lieutenant would let us use our ps3 connected to the Coronel's proyector and we would play and watch movies until late night; it's great because we could be two people using it or a whole company and the experience was the same for all, and the fact that the PF1000U can be set up for about 4" makes it very convenient for people who may not have a lot of space on their rooms, or don't have a separate stand on an optimal position on their living room, it's actually pretty cool and looks really sleek. 

This would be so awesome to turn the side of my barn into a theater for the neighbor kids!

I love this just from that short video seems like great fun

Spoiler
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X
  • Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro
  • RAM: 32 GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2400
  • GPU: MSI 5700XT MECH
  • Case: Fractal Define R5
  • Storage: 1TB WD Black 7200 RPM HDD, 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM HDD, 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM HDD, Samsung Evo 960 1TB SSD
  • PSU: Corsair CX750M
  • Display(s): HP 24W
  • Cooling: 1 120mm Corsair fan, Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2016
  • Mouse: Razer Deathadder Basilisk.
  • Sound: Razer 7.1 Kraken Chroma V2, LG SJ4Y 300W soundbar
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit

Wow an actual compact, high quality, and large image at a short distance capable projector. I don't keep track of how projection technology has been advancing recently but none are really making any headlines but the prices on them are still so steep. Getting one of these will definitely make me skip upgrading our humble 42" TV and would be great for parties and events which I always find myself helping with tech wise. 

Daily driver I literally carry around all day:

Clevo P770DM-G: i7 6700 @ -190mv || 980m || 16GB 2133 MHz || 250Gb 850 Evo || 250 850 Pro || 1TB 7200RPM HDD ||

GPU overclock:

+260/200 @ +25mv max stable before I hit power limit because of my 230W power adaptor : (

+285/230 @ +50mv lasted for 1 hour of Valley benchmark : ) 

This seems actually PERFECT for my setup, its def on my wishlist.

This is just plane awesomeness. As somebody who is excited by new and inovative stuff this is great! Sure the technology is nothing special but I believe that there is no portable and capable projector out there that matches this one yet. Looks good and if it performs as well as it looks like it performs it sure is a solid piece of technology. However it is too expensive for my student ass right now. I do understand that this product is not aimed at people like me because while I really really really want one I am going to use it for gaming, movies, taking it to lans and playing smash, stuff like that. I feel like this is a professional tool given the price and presentation. Getting a competent gaming monitor can be done with just a tenth of that price. Same goes for a nice TV however there you might want to spend no more than half what this costs to get something awesome. I could get an entire PC set up plus peripherals that fuels my work and gaming needs with absolutely nothing to complain about. Needless to say that i still freaking want one cause its awesome xD   But to think about the possibilities is still fun, pair this with a Wii and you have a smash station pretty much wherever you go. Got a crowded room? No problem you can basically put this thing against the wall and still get a big picture. Use it as a primary monitor at night! Play Lego Star Wars with your Girlfriend on a 80 inchscreen :D Bring this to parties and fill an entire wall with lighting effects :o And most importanly! Use it daily to watch Linus Tech Tips and NCIX ON A SUPER BIG SCREEEEENNN ...also at 1080p this resolution is super solid for a projector. I don't need this, I freaking want it hehehe

This Projector is exactly what we need at my student union. I might look into buying one if it's in our budget.

PF1000U

To enter the giveaway:

I think this cool and would look awesome in a small room like the one in my house lol. Hope I win

My neighbor has one of these and our Friday night game sessions are something I look forward to every week. The picture is incredible and it's the perfect size for any home theatre or gaming setup. I would love to have one of these in my living room

This looks very good and much more compact than Sony's similar option regardless of the resolution/picture quality differences.

60 inches from 4 inches away I didn't think it would ever be possible, but then again I don't know much about projectors.

It would be amazing to get one, i have always wanted a home theater.