Couch Gaming Gear

first

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Thanks guys :D

Oh, and second.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Yay, more forum early access! Who needs Vessel?! (I'm not stupid I know Vessel gets a week...)

"AMD is bringing DDR5 to the mainstream with their all new FX 8450 and FX 9690 Zen processors. Check out the link in the video description to learn more."

• CPU
    Intel Core i5 4690K
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z87-I Mini-ITX
  • RAM
    16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
  • GPU
  • CHANGING 
  • Case
  • BitFenix Comrade Window Black/
  • Corsair 250D
  • Storage
    Hectron X1 60gb SSD "The China", Hitachi 500gb 7200rpm
  • PSU
    Corsair TX650
  • Cooling
    Hyper TX3
  • Keyboard
    AULA F2012 Mechanical

Bud I dun wanna sig yup fur Cruncy Rool...

"AMD is bringing DDR5 to the mainstream with their all new FX 8450 and FX 9690 Zen processors. Check out the link in the video description to learn more."

• CPU
    Intel Core i5 4690K
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z87-I Mini-ITX
  • RAM
    16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
  • GPU
  • CHANGING 
  • Case
  • BitFenix Comrade Window Black/
  • Corsair 250D
  • Storage
    Hectron X1 60gb SSD "The China", Hitachi 500gb 7200rpm
  • PSU
    Corsair TX650
  • Cooling
    Hyper TX3
  • Keyboard
    AULA F2012 Mechanical

looks to me like Linus' original huge couch gaming thing that he mentioned for 1 second at the end is still better than either of these

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

for as much as they cost the lack of any option to switch mouse and keyboard around really sucks.i like the idea and would use one but right hand only renders them useless to me

im so sorry its a lot too expensive 

i have a keyboard and mouse 

but i need a cheap solution any ideas ?

can it be done for 50$ 

7 hours ago, Robin1991199 said:

im so sorry its a lot too expensive 

i have a keyboard and mouse 

but i need a cheap solution any ideas ?

can it be done for 50$ 

You could just do what I do. This solution was literally free.

It could be improve in a couple of ways, but the great thing about using this is the infinite compatibility of peripherals. and the plethora of improvements you could do yourself to make it truly personal. Something like using spray adhesive and some felt to make a non-slip surface. You could do tons of other stuff, too.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet (but I'm working on it) is the ability to add USB passthrough.

WP_20160706_005.jpg

Given that you can't really do hyper-accurate twitch gaming on that type of setup, why don't people use trackball mice?  It'd save a lot of issues.

Logitech MK700 with a G602w/Corsair MM600 hard pad, and be done with it. I've been a couch gamer for years, it really isn't necessary to have these 'purpose built' solutions. Get over your 'wireless isn't pro' stigma. Face it, you're no MLG pro, so 1-2ms latency doesn't matter, AT ALL. I game on a comfy couch in front of a 46" TV and have for years now. It's wonderful.

I am left handed, I use my mouse to the left of my keyboard, I guess I am out of luck

9 hours ago, funkmastercheese said:

It could be improve in a couple of ways, but the great thing about using this is the infinite compatibility of peripherals. and the plethora of improvements you could do yourself to make it truly personal. Something like using spray adhesive and some felt to make a non-slip surface. You could do tons of other stuff, too.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet (but I'm working on it) is the ability to add USB passthrough.

WP_20160706_005.jpg

could use a usb hub on the board to plug in devices and a usb extension cord to get it to reach the pc

ive got a thin peace of wood covered it with a old shirt bought a big mouse pad to go on it i keep the keyboard on the left side or thigh and the board proped up on a pillow on the right side and part of it on my right thigh works pretty good and cost me nothing lol

2016-07-07 11.01.16.jpg

i find it uncomfortable using it on a sofa, prefer a desk 

On ‎7‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:22 AM, funkmastercheese said:

WP_20160706_005.jpg

I'm actually about to make something similar out of some offcut timber shelving I have. I will route a divot out for the keyboard to sit in so it doesn't slide around, same for the mousepad. Currently, I use a stabletable to play overwatch from bed, issue is, starting to get RSI in my left hand due to lack of wrist-rest.

Will post in the build section once complete! 

• 2 weeks later...

he should also look at the rocat one its been voted the best 

On 7/6/2016 at 5:53 PM, Sacredsock said:

I am left handed, I use my mouse to the left of my keyboard, I guess I am out of luck

I'm forever thankful that, despite my left handedness, my parents forced me to use a right handed setup whenever I used the computer as a child.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

15 hours ago, dcb-z said:

I'm forever thankful that, despite my left handedness, my parents forced me to use a right handed setup whenever I used the computer as a child.

I can use a computer right handed, I just prefer not to. Although it does sometimes make gaming a little awkward. WASD is ok, but nearby keys can be difficult, and not a lot of games include IJKL layouts by default

Hey, so I went and bought the lapdog the day before the review :(

Anyways, I think the review is a bit harsh.

Take the god damn foam board off. Don't use it. That gets rid of most weight, clunkiness, and heat on the lap. It becomes a lot more like just a bigger version of the second one. Also has the advantage of being able to be repositioned on the lap to have the keyboard centered when typing. The foam is comfy at first, but does make your lap feel hot eventually, and makes taking it off your lap and placing it on the couch more of an ordeal than it should be. With it off, the lapdog looks and feels more like a large controller you can put on your couch.

After that, pretty damn good. Now he is right about the lack of wrist rest, I resolved that by just putting couch pillows on either side, positioned not to hold the lapdog up but just a bit closer to me to hold my wrists up. This is something they need to address and he's right about. Stupid, cause they already had a wrist rest bundled with all the keyboards allowed and just needed to accommodate it and add a second one for the mouse.

Anyways, next refresh. But if you've got money to throw at your couch setup, it's nice, and nowhere near as bad as Linus makes it out to be.

I do like the no compromises, because I do graphic design on my couch setup and having the numpad does help in sizing :P

But this is another that can be easily resolved: provide two different sized models.