Radeon R9 290X Priced at $729.99 @Newegg

chaozbandit

36b.jpg

Digging into the HTML code of the Newegg site has revealed that AMD's new flagship graphics card is priced at $729.99 excluding taxes. Given that Newegg tends to price higher than MSRP, it's more reasonable to assume that most reference design 290Xs will be priced closer to $699.99 (as in the case of a MSI reference card).

EDIT: I did a search on my own through the HTML code for the same MSI R9 290X Reference card and the price was a whopping $749.99 CAD. Tried the same with a Saphire reference 290X and found no pricing attribute. (see below)

NOTE: As brought to my attention by Vitalius (post #14), this price figure is for the BF4 preorder edition that comes bundled with game and premium content. Expect the regular cards to launch with a price tag somewhere in the $600 US range.

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/191909/radeon-r9-290x-priced-at-729-99-on-newegg-com.html

25srlhf.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Ouch, I was thinking at most $650 US

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Makes sense from a business point of view. It's better than the 780 in leaked benchmarks, so they could justify charging as much for it.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

same thing on the Sapphire version. I'm not putting too much stock in it but if true that's pretty disappointing.

Dammit I know I'd pay that, with my luck they'll drop the price the day after I order  :wacko:

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Well, thats a downer, they obviously want to make money and you cant really fault them for that but still a downer.

GPU: Gigabyte HD7970 | Mobo: ASUS Z97i PLUS | CPU: 4790K

HDD: Samsung 1tb SSD | Disp: 3x Asus 23.6" 1080p

RAM: 16gb Kingston Hyper X | Case: None

I hope the price of these cards drop shortly after release.  You can get a 7970 ghz edition right now for $350 CAD and that price will probably drop further upon the R9 290x release.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I hope the price of these cards drop shortly after release.  You can get a 7970 ghz edition right now for $350 CAD and that price will probably drop further upon the R9 290x release.

The R9 280X (which comes out on Oct 8) is a supposed to be rebranded 7970 GHZ Edition and has a $299 MSRP, I'd expect them to have massive price drops lol. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

If it holds true... that's pretty painful. For that price, I'd rather get a 780. 

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Guys, pay attention please. This is the pre-order version. It comes with BF4 and Premium version. Subtract like $100 to get the real price for just the 290X. So this --V

That's quite expensive for AMD, it could be that 699 is the price for the BF4 pre-order version.

It says it right there under the title of the card: "Battlefield 4 game included, limited offer".

36b.jpg

Edit: To the OP, genius. Awesome way to find out the price. GOOD JOB :D.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Guys, pay attention please. This is the pre-order version. It comes with BF4 and Premium version. Subtract like $100 to get the real price for just the 290X. So this --V

It says it right there under the title of the card: "Battlefield 4 game included, limited offer".

Edit: To the OP, genius. Awesome way to find out the price. GOOD JOB :D.

Isn't this the limited pre-order one with BF4 for free that they announced (read somewhere where AMD purchased a limited amount of BF4 licences)?

My Rigs (past and present)

That's quite expensive for AMD, it could be that 699 is the price for the BF4 pre-order version.

Pretty much this. They announced a BF4 / 290x bundle. And it says it'll come with BF4.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Isn't this the limited pre-order one with BF4 for free that they announced (read somewhere where AMD purchased a limited amount of BF4 licences)?

No. They never announced that BF4 would be free. It comes with Premium too, so that will tack onto the cost even more. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Guess who's getting a second 7970 instead :)

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

i hope its under 700 for non bf4 version

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

It doesnt make sense to me why in the hell AMD would take preorders on a product that people know NOTHING about, no reviews & no specs. Regardless of all the "leaked" info. Tens of thousands have already bern produced so they cant even change anything, so wtf ??

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

It doesnt make sense to me why in the hell AMD would take preorders on a product that people know NOTHING about, no reviews & no specs. Regardless of all the "leaked" info. Tens of thousands have already bern produced so they cant even change anything, so wtf ??

When was the last time people thought 'Oh, I'm not buying that, it's too weak' or 'it doesn't have enough VRAM' and the company actually changed the card to accommodate at launch?

Never you say? 

Alrighty then, this makes perfect sense. The GPU is the GPU. You either want it, or you don't. You have a good enough ballpark estimate to know what you are going to get to buy it imo. 

† Christian Member †

If it performs close to titan specs then its a great price imo.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

If it performs close to titan specs then its a great price imo.

It's amazing how Nvidia has (with the Titan) managed to successfully elevate the buyers perception of what is expected high end pricing. Such that now people see this (and sometimes even the 780) as good value.