Folding@Home reaches 18.7 petaFLOPS

Nah, my gtx 650 can do that in a hour.

Seriously that is a lots of power, but why haven't cancer be cured yet?

This is amazing, I might consider Folding sometimes. Is a water cooled E2200 good enough?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

This is amazing, I might consider Folding sometimes. Is a water cooled E2200 good enough?

Anything helps, I have a old Athlon 64 x2 folding.

Back from the dead....

Folded on my laptop till it died and will fold on my Xeon :3 especially since it's practically designed for that

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Lol Still haven't gotten enough points to get my badge yet haha

Has folding actualy helped with anything? I am thinking of starting to fold@home but I dont know it will actualy worth it...

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

As long as you can complete tasks before the deadline, it's enough.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Nah, my gtx 650 can do that in a hour.

Seriously that is a lots of power, but why haven't cancer be cured yet?

Stanford also runs tasks that simulate viral infections in cells. It's not just about protein folding. On top of that, some cancers have been cured, and on top of that....Cancers are very complex and requires loads of processing power.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

There have been a lot of academic papers regarding F@H floating around and a few news stories have mentioned minor breakthroughs for F@H projects, though I don't exactly quite remember what they were.

Props to F@H for releasing this kind of stuff and glad to be part of the LTTF F@H team. :)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB