CLOS3 IMPACT-Finished...final pics!

Epic! cant wait for the next update!

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

looks great, following this!

CPU: Intel i7-7700k @4.8 Ghz Motherbord: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: GeIL Super Luce 32GB 2400MHz | Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition |
 | SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB M.2 | Power Supply: Corsair HX850i 850W Platinum Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass |

CPU Block: Phanteks Glacier C350i GPU Block: Phanteks Full Cover GTX 1080 | GPU Back Plate: EK Full Cover EK-FC1080 GTX | Reservoir: EK RES X3 250 |
| Radiator: EK CoolStream SE 360 Slim Triple Rad | Pump: EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM Pump Plexi Tubing: EK DuraClear 8/8ID 1/2OD Tubing |
Coolant: Mayhems Non Stain Blue Dye + Distilled Water | Fittings: EK ACF 10/13mm Compression fittings black Fans: Corsair HD120 RGB & Phanteks PH-F120SP |

Monitor: 2x Samsung s34e790c (34" 21:9 3440x1440) Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma RGB  | Mouse: Razer Mamba Chroma RGB Mouse Pad: TSM Grunge |
Headset: Logitech G930 Wheel: Logitech G920 |

Very nice. The caselabs s3 is a rather large for mini itx by it's self but the pedestal makes that thing huge! But still good build.

The Ncase M1 is more my speed. Only if i get lucky and get left over stock or get one on ebay.

Paint day!

Time to break out the trusty rusty...24ltr tank,all you need to spraying cases.

MjTkjdw.jpg

The amount of panels for a Caselabs becomes apparent when its all laid out.

mCtmpya.jpg

7giOEXt.jpg

And the first few coats of paint are done.

U7LpdxP.jpg

R6R6oIX.jpg

QvmipyL.jpg

8Q9JD9D.jpg

Drying in the sunshine.

XUS8ooa.jpg

YdmIBLi.jpg

TbJ6PI2.jpg

IJFFJrP.jpg

Not bad,will buff up nicely.

zSksg1Z.jpg

97U3aFA.jpg

And the frame all back together.

16gZlhc.jpg

YIb5cMv.jpg

auxTaJK.jpg

y1ZCAnN.jpg

Doors/Panels have had  the base coat done,next weekend they get the ICE FX and Spectra coat top coat.
You get to see what i have in mind then!

Maybe some shots with the board in....after dinner i think.
vMzeBOo.jpg

MNPC case feet that i won for Bittechs MOTM

2EolZT4.jpg

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Oh my! wub-animated.gif

Did you do some additional prep work on the Caselabs primer or did you paint it

just as it came from the factory?

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Oh my! wub-animated.gif

Did you do some additional prep work on the Caselabs primer or did you paint it

just as it came from the factory?

Just a key,tack cloth and spray,the primer is very good and i made a point of not handling panels too much

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

beautiful rig! just awsome

Intel Core i5 4670K | Sapphire R9 290 | Define R4 | Gigabyte Z87X-D3H | 8Gb Ballistix | Corsair RM650 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | Seagate Barracuda 1TB |

Would love to be the owner of the: nAMDvidia Titation 3000 ultra-xt Platinum Edition :D

beautiful rig! just awsome

Thanks!

Well it time to start unveiling what im trying to..

Today is the turn of the Spectracoat top coat.

Key the exterior panels ready for spraying,key,tack rag then a wipe over with a panel wipe to get rid of any fingerprint grease etc.

zX8741V.jpg

RaDSyh8.jpg

Then we apply the Spectracoat..

qpqFzx0.jpg

vUuLYeK.jpg

3DtaLq1.jpg

4DQIs3O.jpg

I know what you are thinking...doesnt look like much right?

How about now?

QgngLko.jpg

NZXEZVu.jpg

WdYrMQV.jpg

uU4j1mc.jpg

Y9WOHWx.jpg

0VTImNF.jpg

And smooth as a babies bum.

tqU8Gpw.jpg

The pics dont do it justice,the panel shimmers thru all the prismatic spectrum,looks awesome.

When its clearcoated and buffed,it should pop out really well

And to top off my day..

A glorious MIPS Iceforce HF block!

Last of the breed and very possibly the block i will use in this build,unless i can find another then it will be going in the SR2

oHWh7vd.jpg

lkadBZF.jpg

HHrYYe1.jpg

Thanks Namron!

Now i need to ask myself,does that awesome machined retainer need painting to match the panels....

Oh dear lord of shiny, that is one dizzyingly nice effect in that coat seeing-stars-2.gif

Now i need to ask myself,does that awesome machined retainer need painting to match the panels....

If you want to go all out full frontal spectra attack then my vote would be yes.

However, that naked steel does make for a nice piece of contrast, which, depending

on your overall colour scheme aspirations, might work very well, too. But I'm

leaning towards a yes. :D

Disregard, I just figured out how the spectracoat actually works (I think :rolleyes: ).

Therefore: Count me as a yes.

EDIT:

Does the spectral effect also work with LEDs or does their narrow spectrum of light

diminish the coat's function/effect? If it works nicely with LEDs as well, there

could be some awesome potential in having some spectracoat inside with some good

lighting.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Oh dear lord of shiny, that is one dizzyingly nice effect in that coat seeing-stars-2.gif

If you want to go all out full frontal spectra attack then my vote would be yes.

However, that naked steel does make for a nice piece of contrast, which, depending

on your overall colour scheme aspirations, might work very well, too. But I'm

leaning towards a yes. :D

Disregard, I just figured out how the spectracoat actually works (I think :rolleyes: ).

Therefore: Count me as a yes.

EDIT:

Does the spectral effect also work with LEDs or does their narrow spectrum of light

diminish the coat's function/effect? If it works nicely with LEDs as well, there

could be some awesome potential in having some spectracoat inside with some good

lighting.

The more direct bright light,the better it looks.

Also,if you are spraying rounded/angled surfaces the effect is even more pronounced.

And it will look much better once its clear coated.

This will be the showpiece for my spraying services.

This will be the showpiece for my spraying services.

The phrase "The work speaks for itself." is rather apt here methinks. :D

The phrase "The work speaks for itself." is rather apt here methinks. :D

How about a few more shots of the paint under interior light?

wXo5mGZ.jpg

SJ3GXIU.jpg

How about a few more shots of the paint under interior light?

<oooooohhhh>

<aaaaaahhhh>

Yeah, I can live with that. :D

That block looks so sharp! (literally and figuratively :P). Also that point job looks amazing under that light :).

One question, I know why you named it close impact, but how can an impact be close? :P, It's either a close miss or just an impact :lol:.

That block looks so sharp! (literally and figuratively :P). Also that point job looks amazing under that light :).

One question, I know why you named it close impact, but how can an impact be close? :P, It's either a close miss or just an impact :lol:.

Case Labs O S 3

IMPACT after the board.

Yeah,that imaginative......Im not one for naming rigs.....I had one called Dave once.

Case Labs O S 3

IMPACT after the board.

Yeah,that imaginative......Im not one for naming rigs.....I had one called Dave once.

Yeah, like I said I know why, still funny :P

Awesome can not wait to see this finished keep it up man!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Awesome can not wait to see this finished keep it up man!

Got a way to go yet,my logs do tend to be slow cookers but the end result is normally well worth the wait.

I couldnt resist getting the panels on for a look....im secretly chuffed on how this came out,I hope i can get a similar result with the ICE FX kit,my first attempts didnt look so hot....MORE PRACTICE!!

So,with no direct light...

XU1XUHr.jpg

Q1VvjXH.jpg

Looks nice.

untillthe LIGHT!!!!!!

iRkzz6U.jpg

y6Xneaz.jpg

E3WCNlr.jpg

YfSxdGo.jpg

And the piano black interior.

fFTPMIL.jpg

Magoo.

ycreRjg.jpg

Edited out the purple force lightning so as not to disturb the younger viewers.

Let me know what you think?

Got a way to go yet,my logs do tend to be slow cookers but the end result is normally well worth the wait.

I can confirm that. :D

jawdrop.gif

Oh my... :wub:

I can confirm that. :D

Oh my... :wub:

Looks awesome doesnt it?

The effect is much smoother in RL too. Cant wait to clearcoat it!

Cant wait to clearcoat it!

Do you wet sand for your clear coats? You paint job looks amazing by the way.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Do you wet sand for your clear coats? You paint job looks amazing by the way.

Dont wet sand metallics or pearls as it mutes the effect,clearcoat then wetsand the clearcoat back,rinse and repeat for a really glossy wet look.

This is the reason I have started the paintwork first,it requires so much hardening time before i can wetsand it.