Posts disappear after changing the title.

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
48 minutes ago, TeoIzAwezome said:

I did see one and it put around 9 posts on the reply box. Bug? When I was editing there was only my post, and when I was done there were two posts.

That sound like quote button just copied the one multiple times. Or that you had multiple other posts in multi-quote cache (or clipboard) and you replied accidently to those others too. If you are browsing with tabs, multiquote will combine all quotes you pick from different tabs/thrads.

Razer Blade 14, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Chrome 50

I made a post in new builds section, and I realized that I'd written part of the title incorrectly, so I edited it. After that a bunch of posts disappeared and the only way I could see them was with the 'Quote all posts' button. Here's the topic: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/604901-tubs-build-sub-600-dollar-workstation-pc/

Almost breaking sig rules 1.0

Quote all posts button? There is multiquote, that lets you quote more than one post at once, but there isn't a button to quote all of them at once.

How many posts were there in the topic before you edited it?

HTTP/2 203

4 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Quote all posts button? There is multiquote, that lets you quote more than one post at once, but there isn't a button to quote all of them at once.

How many posts were there in the topic before you edited it?

I did see one and it put around 9 posts on the reply box. Bug? When I was editing there was only my post, and when I was done there were two posts.

I am certain that there were no posts made in that thread other than the ones that are currently visible - there are several logs that have no trace of your phantom posts. What were the posts that appeared when you clicked this "quote all posts" button?

HTTP/2 203

48 minutes ago, TeoIzAwezome said:

That sound like quote button just copied the one multiple times. Or that you had multiple other posts in multi-quote cache (or clipboard) and you replied accidently to those others too. If you are browsing with tabs, multiquote will combine all quotes you pick from different tabs/thrads.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Oh, OK, thanks! That must be what happened.