PSU upgrade?

xDanielxOossiex

Hey guys! There is this store where some people buy pc stuff (components, peripherals, etc.), but sometimes people bring something back because they didn't want/like it. The store will put it up for sale again, but for a lower price.

I have the Corsair CX600M and some people swear it is a bad psu and they say I should upgrade it. Are the ones on the screenshot any good?

I have an i5 4590 (maybe an OC'ed i7 4790K soon), GTX970 (GTX1070 soon).

Screenshot_20160525-235350.png

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

New price of the Seasonic 850w is one of these.

Screenshot_20160526-000312.png

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

tbh looking at your system you dont need to upgrade i have had my cx600 3 years and all is fine!

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

The CXM is not bad, but it isn't good and I'll would upgrade it.

You will need about 500W for a single GPU and CPU, 700W for a CPU and 2 GPUs. 850W for 3 GPUs. 

Go with the Seasonic X-850 is a lot more then the rest of the PSU but you will recuperate the money on your power bill over time.    

seasonic ftw

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Your current psu is fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

Hey guys! There is this store where some people buy pc stuff (components, peripherals, etc.), but sometimes people bring something back because they didn't want/like it. The store will put it up for sale again, but for a lower price.

I have the Corsair CX600M and some people swear it is a bad psu and they say I should upgrade it. Are the ones on the screenshot any good?

I have an i5 4590 (maybe an OC'ed i7 4790K soon), GTX970 (GTX1070 soon).

Screenshot_20160525-235350.png

A Seasonic G-series or EVGA B2/GS/G2/GQ would be fine, 550W being more than enough for a single 970 already. If you plan to SLI then grab a 650W+

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 hours ago, Trevor87 said:

Go with the Seasonic X-850 is a lot more then the rest of the PSU but you will recuperate the money on your power bill over time.    

Except lol that's not really gonna happen because efficiency of your PSU if it has an 80 PLUS rating at all is not going to have an appreciable impact on your power bill. There's a guide in my sig and it's also pinned on the PSU/Chassis subforum. 850W is also enough for 4 970s in SLI so that's way excessive for a single card.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

17 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Except lol that's not really gonna happen because efficiency of your PSU if it has an 80 PLUS rating at all is not going to have an appreciable impact on your power bill. There's a guide in my sig and it's also pinned on the PSU/Chassis subforum. 850W is also enough for 4 970s in SLI so that's way excessive for a single card.

You might want do your math because 2 970s use 402 watts. I really don't to fight over it.   

4 hours ago, Trevor87 said:

You might want do your math because 2 970s use 402 watts. I really don't to fight over it.   

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-970-sli-review,4.html

439W for two 970s in SLI with a heavily overclocked 3960X (316W for the 970s in SLI on their own). Assuming the OP has a heavily overclocked 3960X, you can easily do the math to determine that you could throw two more 970s in there.