Anyone want to start a special effects group?

Long story short: I want to get to know others that do special effects work. None of my current friends really have any interest in video-making beyond gameplays, and doing this shit by myself has gotten really boring and lonely.

Now, I'm not interested in people who've just started doing this; I'm looking for people who have quite a bit of experience in After Effects, or even people who are good with programs like 3D Studio Max. The point of this "special effects group" would be for us to hop into a Skype call, and work on a project together, or help each other out with solo projects we're working on individually.

If you're interested, respond with a link to one of your videos. Here's what I've accomplished recently:

I subbed

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

wow @  the dislikes...

but good job tho, that some nice work

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

wow @  the dislikes...

but good job tho, that some nice work

Thanks. Given that the amount of people actually rating my videos is pretty low, those dislikes are most likely trolls.

1 minute ago, fireclaw316 said:

Thanks. Given that the amount of people actually rating my videos is pretty low, those dislikes are most likely trolls.

still good though, likes and dislikes count as the same so more dislikes = more views/money :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I got intrested in video and photographing after I tried to learn AE and Ps. I know the basics but I can't say I'm good. Mostly focusing on photographing and learning lightroom right now but if you have a fun project idea I might be intrested. 

Summer 2015 (Type Artwork) V1 Final #2.png

This is pretty much the only I have left online from what I did. Was like a year ago or something. The picture is well, I dont like the colors of it but ah well. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Basic compositing I made

Hmm sounds interesting, until I saw that the software being used is mainly AE.  I need some people who use AutoDesk Flame or Nuke.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

27 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Hmm sounds interesting, until I saw that the software being used is mainly AE.  I need some people who use AutoDesk Flame or Nuke.

Sadly most students only really have the adobe suite avalible to them. And its also what is most known. I would love to learn any of the autodesk tools but they are so expensive. Or do they have any student discounts as adobe does? (15-20$ a month for the whole suite)

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

12 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

Sadly most students only really have the adobe suite avalible to them. And its also what is most known. I would love to learn any of the autodesk tools but they are so expensive. Or do they have any student discounts as adobe does? (15-20$ a month for the whole suite)

You can get a non-commercial version of Nuke:

https://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/nuke/non-commercial/

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

I know when j was in school auto desk gave us their product for free for I think 2 years. There is a special site you have to sign up for that they own an you just pick whatever program you want an they give you a key. You will need a college email address I know that. But give it a look. 

19 hours ago, ALwin said:

You can get a non-commercial version of Nuke:

https://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/nuke/non-commercial/

Nuke. Wow that brings me back. You're the only other person I've ever hear mention it. Is the non commercial version free?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

29 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Nuke. Wow that brings me back. You're the only other person I've ever hear mention it. Is the non commercial version free?

Yes it's free.  Read the conditions.