Is it normal for cables to look this unorganized?

Trail Mixorz

So I recently moved my pc from on my desk to the floor to make room for a second monitor I'm going to buy, and I realized that that cables coming out of my computer look super messy and unorganized. Is this bad for the computer (maybe airflow idk maybe anything) and is there any way I can make it look neater? Maybe zip ties or sleeving maybe, ooooh sleeving would look nice. But if a cable or my mouse broke, it would be a whole lot of work to fix. Any input on this? (haha, input, like vga)

1v64.jpg

bulv.jpg

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Outside cables being messy is normal unless you are a neat freak.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Looks fine...

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

You can tidy it up if you want, I do.

I layer my cables in a certain order. I plug in and organize the power cables first, then do displays, then I do my peripherals and then my ethernet cable.

Personally, it looks fine.

i just looked at the back of my case. not very far...

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

After a couple of times where you completely disconnect everything from the back of the computer and reconnect it, it's a mess. You're fine.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

It looks messy because your case is on the ground.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

I'm a neat freak when it comes to stuff like this, I'm all about asthetics and power. Powerful clean cut rig looks sexy. My desk and cables match it. I still need to find a solution for a few cables though.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it looks normal. I've seen few setups where the cables going to the back of the tower are neatly organized.

Yeah, that's totally normal.

You can zip tie the bundle together if you'd like, but I feel that would just make it a hassle to unplug something later.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

it's not even that bad tbh

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

That is nothing there sir, I also dont think you have enough cables.

Yes I am being series for those of you who thought I wasnt.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20097954/

Maybe this thing from the furniture company will do it?:-)

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-CIT-MBK-16-Diameter-Management/dp/B000WNIZOI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1379910300&sr=8-3&keywords=cable+management - Or this. Same length but doesn't need zip ties and is easier to use, but it does cost more.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

mcCoaYc.png

Never seen a mod use a meme for the entire reply :P 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

mcCoaYc.png

sorry windspeed but once it gets to a point its easier to just let it be so that removal of a cable or two is mostly painless.

IMG_6229.jpg

its actually looking a bit light on cables at the moment, probably because of all the stuff thats pulled due to my current PC predicaments.

Thats actually pretty good compared to my computer corner:

Wires

EDIT: Darn its hard to see some of the beige-colored wires because they blend with the carpet.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

So I recently moved my pc from on my desk to the floor to make room for a second monitor I'm going to buy, and I realized that that cables coming out of my computer look super messy and unorganized. Is this bad for the computer (maybe airflow idk maybe anything) and is there any way I can make it look neater? Maybe zip ties or sleeving maybe, ooooh sleeving would look nice. But if a cable or my mouse broke, it would be a whole lot of work to fix. Any input on this? (haha, input, like vga)

Be thankful you don't have four monitors. so many cables.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Get Velcro cable ties for the back. It will be easier than zip ties.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Outside cables being messy is normal unless you are a neat freak.

Or unless you have a Mac...

I do like it how you put it on a piece of wood instead of right on the carpet. Don't want that PSU fan to not get any air.

Mine vary from headphones in your pocket messy to - not in knots but good luck getting just one cable - grades of messy.

Depending on how much tinkering I've been doing.

I just added in a tri-arm monitor stand that has cable clips, so it's helped tidy things up a bit.

What you got there is fine, as long as it's not putting any extra strain on the cables, don't worry about it.

Those super neat setups that you see in photos are great until you have to change something. Then you stop giving any fucks.