Do you know any online jobs?

Mariius

I am a student, currently studying informatics at university and I am a little short on money. I want to be as independent as possible, and money in my family is not flowing that well. The problem is that I am unable to study and work at the same time since studies are very hard and require huge amounts of time. I would like to ask for your help and knowledge. Maybe you know any ways to make at least a little bit of money online? So far I learned how to code professionally in C, Pascal, HTML, CSS. Currently I am studying object oriented programming (C++). Next semester - Java. I know how to create simple websites by using CMS's, like wordpress, phpbb. I have coded a couple of websites my self (a couple years ago). English is not my main language, but I believe that I would be able to write articles in english too. I have a little experience in android development (I have created my own app and published it). Honestly, any type of job, which would be profitable would be very helpful.
Thank you for your tips in advance, guys/gals.

Do some freelance work

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Do some freelance work

I have tried to "advertise" myself, but no success... I have tried various clicking services, but, obviously, they did not work (it was just a time waste).

Maybe build some websites for people or companies or something  

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Maybe build some websites for people or companies or something  

Not so easy these days. Companies are looking for professionals, and there are a lot of companies who code for companies their websites. I have looked into that. About 6 years ago, it was not that hard to make extra cash (at least for me). I used to create simple CMS based websites, because even the installation of CMS's was much more complicated (like windows these days are easier to install).

its a very difficult job to get in to,you should decide what area you want to work in and start building a portfolio of websites or whatever else you have made.

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

Really java in uni? Im doing java in grade 11 and its optional for grade 10's

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Nowhere will hire a programmer without a professional programmer of any sort without a professional qualification for part-time work, or without a Degree for a Graduate position. Set your expectations much lower. Don't forget, technology companies are shedding jobs all the time and flooding the marketplace with infinitely more qualified programmers, developers, testers, etc.
Your best bet is data entry if you're sure you want to do something online, but you have to really put the time in to make it worth your while. I worked in a wine merchants throughout my degree (AI & Cybernetics). It was actually a really fun and enjoyable job, a huge plus for my CV and gave me plenty to talk about for competency-based interview questions ("Tell me about a situation when you've had to deal with x" questions) for the Graduate jobs I went for.

Hope I helped :)

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Your point?

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

its a very difficult job to get in to,you should decide what area you want to work in and start building a portfolio of websites or whatever else you have made.

Exactly, and that requires a lot of time, which, sadly, I don't have. I know this sounds like i want to much, but its just that I am looking for small jobs. I am not saying that they need to pay a lot, but just a little bit... Plus, when it comes to website development, the competition between developers is huge.

Nowhere will hire a programmer without a professional programmer of any sort without a professional qualification for part-time work, or without a Degree for a Graduate position. Set your expectations much lower. Don't forget, technology companies are shedding jobs all the time and flooding the marketplace with infinitely more qualified programmers, developers, testers, etc.

Your best bet is data entry if you're sure you want to do something online, but you have to really put the time in to make it worth your while. I worked in a wine merchants throughout my degree (AI & Cybernetics). It was actually a really fun and enjoyable job, a huge plus for my CV and gave me plenty to talk about for competency-based interview questions ("Tell me about a situation when you've had to deal with x" questions) for the Graduate jobs I went for.

Hope I helped  :)

I understand, I am not saying that I want to get payed a lot. I am looking for small jobs, for example, something to test or write or code small assignments that other people don't fancy to do. Something like that. Even extra 5 dollars is money...

Yes, but you are going through basics. Meanwhile, in half a year, in my university, we learn about that programming language everything in tiny detail :) + We need to code huge projects and so on.

Outside of forming your own business, good luck. Being a programmer in 2013 in a flooded market seems to be a pain in the butt.

I understand, I am not saying that I want to get payed a lot. I am looking for small jobs, for example, something to test or write or code small assignments that other people don't fancy to do. Something like that. Even extra 5 dollars is money...

I don't want to sound too harsh, but I'm trying to give you a realistic picture of what to expect.

Literally nowhere will be interested, unless you know a very small local business (like a dry cleaners) that you can convince to let you make a website for them. There are people with decades of actual industry experience taking all the freelance jobs. Until you get your Degree and can land a position on a graduate scheme your best bet is to find a job you'll enjoy. Don't forget, in their eyes you are "just a student". 

I don't want to sound too harsh, but I'm trying to give you a realistic picture of what to expect.

Literally nowhere will be interested, unless you know a very small local business (like a dry cleaners) that you can convince to let you make a website for them. There are people with decades of actual industry experience taking all the freelance jobs. Until you get your Degree and can land a position on a graduate scheme your best bet is to find a job you'll enjoy. Don't forget, in their eyes you are "just a student". 

Again, I am not even saying that I would like to create websites and freelance as a website developer :) I am that into website development to be honest. I am looking for simpler work to get some extra dollars. I had a couple of huge great job opportunities as Android application developer, but I had to choose between huge problems in university or a job as app developer and I choose university.

I have read about article writing for various websites. They say that you are going to get payed if your article is going to be popular/useful. Stuff like that. The problem is that most of those websites are lying so I am asking for your experience, maybe you know some better alternatives.

garbage man

Honestly, there is no use when it comes to spamming this forum with useless posts like yours. Something to think about...

Honestly, there is no use when it comes to spamming this forum with useless posts like yours. Something to think about...

Why online, though?

Why online, though?

Are you asking why I am looking for online job? Because then I would be able to work during my brakes between lectures and so on. I wake up 6am, lectures start at 8am, most of the time end at 4pm, then I stay in university to get more job done till 6pm, then I get home its 7pm, then I eat and study even more till about 9pm. Then I have a couple hours left which I could spend doing something profitable online...

Are you asking why I am looking for online job? Because then I would be able to work during my brakes between lectures and so on. I wake up 6am, lectures start at 8am, most of the time end at 4pm, then I stay in university to get more job done till 6pm, then I get home its 7pm, then I eat and study even more till about 9pm. Then I have a couple hours left which I could spend doing something profitable online...

K, I see

Again, I am not even saying that I would like to create websites and freelance as a website developer :) I am that into website development to be honest. I am looking for simpler work to get some extra dollars. I had a couple of huge great job opportunities as Android application developer, but I had to choose between huge problems in university or a job as app developer and I choose university.

I have read about article writing for various websites. They say that you are going to get payed if your article is going to be popular/useful. Stuff like that. The problem is that most of those websites are lying so I am asking for your experience, maybe you know some better alternatives.

Like I said, the best you'll get is Data Entry. My mate Harry spent his 4 years entering patient records into NHS databases, and he was always shattered (and stayed on a smidge over minimum wage, where I was up to just under £9 per hour as a "Senior Wine Adviser" :P).

You'll need a huge portfolio of work or years of industry experience to get a job writing an online article. Don't forget, there will be people studying English Language/Literature, Journalism, etc, who can write very complex and interesting prose in a manner that far exceeds you or I.

Some of my other mates had jobs they loved throughout their Masters, much as I did, and have also gone on to land some really decent Graduate roles. Some examples of what they did: Ride operator at Thorpe Park (A huge theme park in the UK), Book Binding (Boring for either of us, but she loved it), Tour Guide at Windsor Castle.

If you're looking for something THAT flexible, Data Entry is really your only bet. 

If you're looking for something THAT flexible, Data Entry is really your only bet. 

Okay, thanks. I am going to google it. Maybe some tips on how to start?

Okay, thanks. I am going to google it. Maybe some tips on how to start?

If you send me a private message so I don't forget to send you the info next time I check in here, I'll text my mate Harry now and ask how he got his NHS one :).

He's doing a PhD now, so he may well not reply quickly, just FYI. 

Since websites aren't uber expensive to acquire, maybe you should build an online portfolio anyway like someone suggested. Might even be able to work a deal with a fairly big website and sell templates to them.

If you send me a private message so I don't forget to send you the info next time I check in here, I'll text my mate Harry now and ask how he got his NHS one :).

He's doing a PhD now, so he may well not reply quickly, just FYI. 

Thank you so much :) Already sent you a pm.

Since websites aren't uber expensive to acquire, maybe you should build an online portfolio anyway like someone suggested. Might even be able to work a deal with a fairly big website and sell templates to them.

Templates. Well I believe that I would be able to code them with CSS, but I takes a good designers eye to make a good looking design, and I am not, by any means, a designer.

I was getting the sense that you were in a desperate need for money that you need quickly, so I was just wondering why you were strictly looking for online jobs.