Mac for video editing you know whats bull****

Lil Chillbil

and you don't get any kind of support or service with that!

I told myself I wouldn't go in for another mauling but I have to call bs on that statement. I can support myself I know my rig inside and out. Every little detail and if something breaks I can go to staples and have a replacement part in less than 2 hours. Whereas with a mac you have to take it to apple and book an appt. then wait weeks for them to troubleshoot your problem along with every 16 year old girl within a 50 mile radius who doesn't know how to check her email...

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I can support myself I know my rig inside and out. Every little detail and if something breaks I can go to staples and have a replacement part in less than 2 hours. 

Yes, you! Judging by you being on this forum (an I guess watching Linus videos) should know more about computers than the average user.

Whereas with a mac you have to take it to apple and book an appt. then wait weeks for them to troubleshoot your problem along with every 16 year old girl within a 50 mile radius who doesn't know how to check her email...

Consumer =/= business support. The same with Dell or HP.

(and also as a consumer I never had to wait 'weeks' for anything)

Also on major point I missed before ... leasing, especially for companies consisting of more than one person. 

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I told myself I wouldn't go in for another mauling but I have to call bs on that statement. I can support myself I know my rig inside and out. Every little detail and if something breaks I can go to staples and have a replacement part in less than 2 hours. Whereas with a mac you have to take it to apple and book an appt. then wait weeks for them to troubleshoot your problem along with every 16 year old girl within a 50 mile radius who doesn't know how to check her email...

Good thing you bought it from Staples because Dell, HP, Lenovo, and everywhere else doesn't have an actual store.

Apple does. Also, you can take them to Best Buy since Best Buy has a mini Apple store.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Good thing you bought it from Staples because Dell, HP, Lenovo, and everywhere else doesn't have an actual store.

Apple does. Also, you can take them to Best Buy since Best Buy has a mini Apple store.

I like staples because they stock bare minimum parts, like a few processors, 5 different psu's, and then about 10 random gpu's like a 9800 still in stock up to a out of the blue 580. And I live a few blocks away from them, 

#KilledMyWife 

I like staples because they stock bare minimum parts, like a few processors, 5 different psu's, and then about 10 random gpu's like a 9800 still in stock up to a out of the blue 580. And I live a few blocks away from them, 

yes but lets be real. Staples' computer parts and selection are no where near as diverse as a computer hardware store. This just hurts you in the long run.

That being said, yeah you have to go to Apple to get something fixed, but there have been times where they just take the hard drive out and swap it with a brand new computer because it's under warranty and they can ship it back to refurbish. Not always, but there have been times. If you buy through like Dell, you'll have to send it back.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

yes but lets be real. Staples' computer parts and selection are no where near as diverse as a computer hardware store. This just hurts you in the long run.

That being said, yeah you have to go to Apple to get something fixed, but there have been times where they just take the hard drive out and swap it with a brand new computer because it's under warranty and they can ship it back to refurbish. Not always, but there have been times. If you buy through like Dell, you'll have to send it back.

I agree, i'm typing this from the best pc they have on display and if I read off the specs right here before the manger gets onto me. it has a

Dual core i3 3.4ghz

4gb ddr3 1300mhz

500gb hdd

gt 610

this pc sucks and I just did a speedtest and its 56k down 3k up lol, i'm gonna be here a while while my friends look for back to school supplies.

#KilledMyWife