Before you buy amp and DAC + recommendations.

Dackzy

Was this thread helpful?  

473 members have voted

1. 1. Was/is this thread helpful?

• Yes
    • No

56 minutes ago, Pomfinator said:

I think I may have a problem...  For some reason I've been itching to try out the Asgard 2 and compare it to my O2, and just now emotion has overruled my reason and I've ordered one.  So...uh...nice looking volume knobs get you sales? I dunno.

Guess I'll write something up about it, don't think anyone here has an Asgard 2, unless I'm missing someone.

That's just part of being enthusiastic about a particular thing.:)

Whether it's audio, cars, statues, or what have you, there's always that urge to improve one's collection.

I've had this horrible itch to get the Lyr 2, even though I really don't need it. What's even worse is I'm considering the companion Bitfrost, as well. Because well, why not?

5 minutes ago, SSL said:

I've been eye-baling the Lyr 2, so ... yeah. A problem.

I wonder which of us will crack first…xD

19 minutes ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

I've had this horrible itch to get the Lyr 2, even though I really don't need it. What's even worse is I'm considering the companion Bitfrost, as well. Because well, why not?

Like if I keep this Asgard, OCD is literally going to make me buy the Bifrost, just heaven forbid not the multi-bit >.>. $600 for a DAC, fucking no....omg wtf get off my shoulder devil, NO I REFUSE.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

48 minutes ago, Pomfinator said:

Like if I keep this Asgard, OCD is literally going to make me buy the Bifrost, just heaven forbid not the multi-bit >.>. $600 for a DAC, fucking no....omg wtf get off my shoulder devil, NO I REFUSE.

I've been keeping tabs on the Bifrost as well, and honestly the multibit is more interesting in concept than practice. Even people who claim to hear differences report that the 4490 trades blows with it.

When did this turn into a place where we discuss amps and dacs? I don't mind it.

@SSL You proud of me sensei?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

28 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

When did this turn into a place where we discuss amps and dacs? I don't mind it.

@SSL You proud of me sensei?

I take full responsibilty for my actions.  Assguard 2 made me doit.

Speakers - KEF LSX

2 minutes ago, Pomfinator said:

I take full responsibilty for my actions.  Assguard 2 made me doit.

No problem man I like seeing people talk about dacs and amps, especially when when they know something about it.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 hours ago, Pomfinator said:

Yeah there's no nee... Ok ok I'm getting that itch right now. I think I need a bifrost to stack on my Asgard...

20 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Great post man, I am currently deciding whether I should go for the O2 combo or separate dac and amp at a slightly higher cost.

Well the combo looks nicer so if it's cheaper to get that over the separate O2 and Odac.

On 3/17/2016 at 11:15 AM, Dackzy said:

HOLY F I did not expect you guys to comment goddamn man. How did you hear about this post?

Ps. I love your things :) 

Thanks! I used to be on here a lot, the forum went to poop kind of, and everyone left. I also got a lot busier with the company so it's hard to be on here a lot.

1 hour ago, MayflowerElectronics said:

Thanks! I used to be on here a lot, the forum wen't to poop kind of, and everyone left. I also got a lot busier with the company so it's hard to be on here a lot.

Each time you comment I fanboy a little out xD 

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Each time you comment I fanboy a little out xD 

the ticklish feel down there, you touched my mayflower xD

ok im not gonna be a douche anymore bai 

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

6 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

Great post man, I am currently deciding whether I should go for the O2 combo or separate dac and amp at a slightly higher cost.

Only get them seperate if you ever plan on using batteries with your O2, since the combo stuffs the ODAC into the space the battery terminals are.

Speakers - KEF LSX

*bump*

we need to keep this on the front page.

Here I'll help.

Spoiler

56edeaf9152fe_FileMar1951159PM.thumb.jpe

btw the outputs on the Assguard are variable pre-outs, so I'm having a hard time figuring out whether I should just run split the RCAs coming out of the DAC to my A5+ or use the pre-outs and just turn the amp to 100% when I want to use the speakers.  Pretty important considering I use speakers way more than headphones.

Speakers - KEF LSX

20 minutes ago, Pomfinator said:

Here I'll help.

Reveal hidden contents

56edeaf9152fe_FileMar1951159PM.thumb.jpe

btw the outputs on the Assguard are variable pre-outs, so I'm having a hard time figuring out whether I should just run split the RCAs coming out of the DAC to my A5+ or use the pre-outs and just turn the amp to 100% when I want to use the speakers.  Pretty important considering I use speakers way more than headphones.

Seems like you'd turn the speakers to 100% and control the volume from the amp.

Just now, SSL said:

Seems like you'd turn the speakers to 100% and control the volume from the amp.

I could, but I'm lazy and I want to use the remote :P

Speakers - KEF LSX

*bump*

I really hope this post has helped some people

I will not bump this forever.

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I will not bump this forever.

I'll get around to adding your recommendations to the gear sticky soon, we definitely need a section on that.

Just now, SSL said:

I'll get around to adding your recommendations to the gear sticky soon, we definitely need a section on that.