Before you buy amp and DAC + recommendations.

Dackzy

Was this thread helpful?  

473 members have voted

1. 1. Was/is this thread helpful?

• Yes
    • No

Where can I get an O2 and Schiit magni 2 in the UK?

Just now, Hellomynameisleo said:

Electromod.

1 minute ago, SSL said:

Electromod.

God damn you are fast.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, SSL said:

Electromod.

Thanks, that was really fast response

2 minutes ago, Hellomynameisleo said:

You can buy the schiit magni 2 on their EU website

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

You can buy the schiit magni 2 on their EU website

Now this I did not know about.

Just now, SSL said:

Now this I did not know about.

I thought you knew everything about Schiit. xD 

I really hope that they will pin this post soon.

Would I need a dac? I'm using a Z97-a motherboard

1 minute ago, Hellomynameisleo said:

Would I need a dac? I'm using a Z97-a motherboard

No not unless you have noise in your sound like my post said.

@W-L Can you pin this post. this post really helps alot of people. :) 

55 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

@W-L Can you pin this post. this post really helps alot of people. :) 

Unfortunately I don't have direct say in that, it's based around a general agreement with everyone, but as it is it is fairly reserved for having pinned posts.

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Unfortunately I don't have direct say in that, it's based around a general agreement with everyone, but as it is it is fairly reserved for having pinned posts.

Damn could you maybe ask because this part of the forum was over flowing with people who wanted a amp and dac or just an amp and then I made this and there far less that ask things about amps and dacs.

1 minute ago, W-L said:

As this topic is fairly small I don't think it stands a good chance of getting pinned on its own. However it does answer very frequently asked questions and would be great to include on the already pinned "The Audio Board's Frequently Asked Questions, Pre-answered!" thread. Perhaps ask @h264 if he would be willing to include it? Also that just seems neater looking to me.

1 minute ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

As this topic is fairly small I don't think it stands a good chance of getting pinned on its own. However it does answer very frequently asked questions and would be great to include on the already pinned "The Audio Board's Frequently Asked Questions, Pre-answered!" thread. Perhaps ask @h264 if he would be willing to include it? Also that just seems neater looking to me.

He is already here...

1 minute ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

It would probably just be another thread that would get ignored in favor of yet another thread where the OP asks exactly the same question the last 25 people asked when they were OP.

I still need to go fix that FAQ thread btw.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

1 minute ago, h264 said:

It would probably just be another thread that would get ignored in favor of yet another thread where the OP asks exactly the same question the last 25 people asked when they were OP.

I am trying to keep this at the front page, so those people don't make those threads

Just now, Dackzy said:

I am trying to keep this at the front page, so those people don't make those threads

good luck

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Just now, h264 said:

good luck

Thanks at least there isn't as many as there were before.

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

He is already here...

Oh, didn't read every username before posting that lol.

5 minutes ago, h264 said:

Well at least there would be 1 thread to just copy and paste the link to. Also when you fix your thread perhaps include some info on dacs and amps hmmmm?

Alright, just got the ATH-AD500x, I am enjoying how much better everything sounds. But I can't shake this feeling that everything would sound much better with an amp/dac. Nothing sounds bad with my current onboard card but I want the most out of my cans. Any advice? I was thinking go small with Fiio E10k?

1 minute ago, Chairstorm said:

Alright, just got the ATH-AD500x, I am enjoying how much better everything sounds. But I can't shake this feeling that everything would sound much better with an amp/dac. Nothing sounds bad with my current onboard card but I want the most out of my cans. Any advice? I was thinking go small with Fiio E10k?

I have some recommendations that are better than the e10K and the AD500x are pretty easy to drive so unless there is something with your onboard that you havent noticed there will not be a difference.

Just now, Dackzy said:

I have some recommendations that are better than the e10K and the AD500x are pretty easy to drive so unless there is something with your onboard that you havent noticed there will not be a difference.

Ah okay, Actually no difference? I was under the impression that an amp/dac combo would sound better than just the onboard.

Just now, Chairstorm said:

Ah okay, Actually no difference? I was under the impression that an amp/dac combo would sound better than just the onboard.

As I also said: today most motherboards have transparent sound and a dac job is to make the sound transparent and the amps job is to well amp the signal the dac sends out.