Cant edit on mobile

thekeemo

make post

click edit

do edits

press save

nothing happens

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The mobile version of the forum is still broken. Quoting is a nigthmare and even line breakes get's messed up.

I assume they will fix the issues within several weeks.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

3 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

The mobile version of the forum is still broken. Quoting is a nigthmare and even line breakes get's messed up.

I assume they will fix the issues within several weeks.

Quoting is buggy on mobile and desktop.

Also send me the model of any of the systems I think I have a way of doing the cut from both sides.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Quoting is buggy on mobile and desktop.

Also send me the model of any of the systems I think I have a way of doing the cut from both sides.

On desktop it works fine for me.

And I looked up a guide, I can cut from both sides.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Same thing?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Quite annoying for mobile especially as that's where I make the most typos.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

10 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Same thing?

Close but he can edit 4 times I can edit 0 times

Also for me it happens on every post

15 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

On desktop it works fine for me.

And I looked up a guide, I can cut from both sides.

For me on desktop it works 99% of the time the other 1% I have to remove the persons message and type inside the quotes

What browser and OS are you using? 

Edited by colonel_mortis
Editing works for me on mobile

HTTP/2 203

7 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

What browser and OS are you using? 

Android 6 on chrome

2 hours ago, thekeemo said:

Android 6 on chrome

I'm also using Chrome (both beta and release) on Android 6, and haven't been able to reproduce your issue. Are you able to reliably reproduce it, or does it only happen occasionally? Has it only been with one thread, or multiple?

HTTP/2 203

44 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I'm also using Chrome (both beta and release) on Android 6, and haven't been able to reproduce your issue. Are you able to reliably reproduce it, or does it only happen occasionally? Has it only been with one thread, or multiple?

Every time every thread

Just now, thekeemo said:

Every time every thread

Would you be able to try to capture the error for me?

Can you follow this guide (you don't need to read or go past "Debugging WebViews"), then, in the developer tools that should open, switch to the console tab. Refresh the page, then try to edit. After tapping save and leaving it for a few seconds, can you then screenshot the console and post it here or in a PM to me. Next, switch to the network tab and scroll to the bottom. Screenshot the whole page and include it in the post. One of the last entries should start ?do=editComment - can you click that row and screenshot the right pane that opens, and include that too. I would suggest sending that to me in a PM, though it shouldn't matter too much if you post it here. If there's anything in the response tab, can you also copy all of it and include it in a code tag?

I know it's quite a lot of things to ask, but I'm not sure how else to debug this issue without it.

I'd recommend disabling remote debugging on your device once you're done.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

Can you follow this guide (you don't need to read or go past "Debugging WebViews"), then, in the developer tools that should open, switch to the console tab. Refresh the page, then try to edit. After tapping save and leaving it for a few seconds, can you then screenshot the console and post it here or in a PM to me. Next, switch to the network tab and scroll to the bottom. Screenshot the whole page and include it in the post. One of the last entries should start ?do=editComment - can you click that row and screenshot the right pane that opens, and include that too. I would suggest sending that to me in a PM, though it shouldn't matter too much if you post it here. If there's anything in the response tab, can you also copy all of it and include it in a code tag?

I know it's quite a lot of things to ask, but I'm not sure how else to debug this issue without it.

test 123

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

I was going through with the process but the edit went through this time

apparently you just have to wait about 15 seconds for it to save..

4 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

I was going through with the process but the edit went through this time

apparently you just have to wait about 15 seconds for it to save..

OK, I'll look into whether we can add a visual indicator when it's still submitting.

It shouldn't take that long to submit though - it takes about 5 seconds for me (which is still too long).

HTTP/2 203