PC VS. Console

Craftsman_2222

Pc > Console 

There is no discussion.

*cough* and seeing how a console is technically a computer *Cough*

/thread

PC vs Consoles is like Pizza vs Fried Chicken

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

6 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I disagree with every single Point. Ok..Splitscreens..buts erious..who need that?

So you personally don't care about a more relaxed feel/better living room experience, a lot of people do. You don't care if you can just plug it in and play or if you have to deal with updates/driver issues/configuring settings, a lot of people do. You don't care about kinect....well, maybe one person actually cares. The point is, just because you don't see the value in something doesn't mean its not there. 

And split screen is a GREAT feature of consoles. A lot of times I hang out with friends we end up playing a multiplayer game. 

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

PC vs Consoles is like Pizza vs Fried Chicken

Fried chicken >>>>> pizza

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

It's only a bit cheaper upfront, but after you factor in the cost of games and LIVE it's the same cost/more expensive than a high end pc.

Here i agree. But many Peasants dont see it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

48 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

No, you can't upgrade a console other than a bigger HDD. 

Comparable PC's aren't really more expensive -- the system itself will be a BIT more expensive, but especially once you factor in games and the fact that you don't have to pay $50/year for Xbox Live and it comes out to be MUCH cheaper in the long run. 

PC Pros: 

• Customizable/upgradeable
  • exclusives
  • Games last through multiple generations
  • Don't need to pay $50/year for Xbox/PSN Live
  • Games are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper
  • Doesn't require discs 
  • Far more powerful (if you pay for it) 

Console Pros: 

• Better for playing with friends (split screen on pc is basically non-existent)
  • exclusives
  • Kinect? 
  • Longevity/optimization (a $400 console lasts close to a decade -- a $400 pc does not -- although this generation won't last as long as the last). 
  • A more relaxed feel (a controller on a pc is still different...) 
  • "better" in a living room environment/couch (Steam Big Screen isn't what it should be yet)
  • simpler -- plug and play 

Black ops 3 has splitscreen on PC, so... xD

5 minutes ago, IoWii said:

Black ops 3 has splitscreen on PC, so... xD

The fact that that was big news is a pitiful state of affairs. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

So you personally don't care about a more relaxed feel/better living room experience, a lot of people do.

One klick on my remote control and my Desktop appears on my TV. Couldnt get more easy than that. But im not the right Person to "fight" with over this. I can just laugh at Consoles and nothing can make me think otherwise.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

pc is cheaper in the long run. keep a console for the same amount of time you keep a pc and buy all the same games and youll save a fair bit ith a pc.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

10 hours ago, Praesi said:

Name one Advantage of a Console please.

One? i can name many

Bloodborne

Final fantasy 15

Dragonquyest XI

The last guardian

Ni no kuni II

Persona 5

Resogun

Star ocean

Tear away

Uncharted 4

Yakuza

Have fun playing those on your "masterrace" PC...oh wait you can't...

Maybe these games are not your cup of tea, but they ARE advantages to a Console, the exclusives a console has over a PC is pretty big, since PC doesn't really get any AAA exclusives anymore. Only thing PC has are indies lol, the rest of the games are console ports.

11 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

No, you can't upgrade a console other than a bigger HDD. 

As I understand it, you can't even do that with an Xbox One...

13 minutes ago, WarWeeny said:

One? i can name many

Bloodborne

Final fantasy 15

Dragonquyest XI

The last guardian

Ni no kuni II

Persona 5

Resogun

Star ocean

Tear away

Uncharted 4

Yakuza

Have fun playing those on your "masterrace" PC...oh wait you can't...

Maybe these games are not your cup of tea, but they ARE advantages to a Console, the exclusives a console has over a PC is pretty big, since PC doesn't really get any AAA exclusives anymore. Only thing PC has are indies lol, the rest of the games are console ports.

Star Citizen

Killing Floor 2

Unreal Tournament

Dirty Bomb

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak

ArmA 3: Tanoa

XCOM 2

Overwatch

Battlecry

Total War: Warhammer

Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void

Have fun playing those on your "Consoles" ...oh wait you can't...

My response to this intensely boring question is: Why argue about which is better when you can just have both?

8 minutes ago, RZeroX said:

Star Citizen

Killing Floor 2

Unreal Tournament

Dirty Bomb

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak

ArmA 3: Tanoa

XCOM 2

Firewatch

Overwatch

Battlecry

Total War: Warhammer

Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void

So you name a bunch of RTS and 3rd rate shooters to counter? lol, how sad, if that is all the PC has to offer, it is in a bad shape in terms of exclusives, and the titles you mentioned aren't even AAA games, not even "A" game. Unreal tournament is like, beta, same with Arma 3, starcitizen is not a game 95% of the gamers would play, or even CAN play, a really niche title, Xcom will come to consoles sooner or later, firewatch is already on ps4, so there is that too.

You might as well named moba's and mmorpg's, but are those games/genres really representing PC gaming?

if so, then a lot of people are better off playing on consoles, since you have more variety on those systems.

Just now, WarWeeny said:

So you name a bunch of RTS and 3rd rate shooters to counter? lol, how sad, if that is all the PC has to offer, it is in a bad shape in terms of exclusives, and the titles you mentioned aren't even AAA games, not even "A" game. Unreal tournament is like, beta, same with Arma 3, starcitizen is not a game 95% of the gamers would play, or even CAN play, a really niche title, Xcom will come to consoles sooner or later, firewatch is already on ps4, so there is that too.

You might as well named moba's and mmorpg's, but are those games/genres really representing PC gaming?

if so, then a lot of people are better off playing on consoles, since you have more variety on those systems.

XCom isn't coming to consoles the developers even said so.

21 minutes ago, LukeTim said:

As I understand it, you can't even do that with an Xbox One...

You can. It's not meant to be easily accessed like the PS4's HDD, but if you know how to build/take apart a PC, you can do it with no problem at all.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

9 minutes ago, RZeroX said:

XCom isn't coming to consoles the developers even said so.

Yeah, this never happened or anything, "yeah won't come to consoles!" - 1 year later..hey look who is coming to consoles! - Firefall

Same as "won't come to PC" and hey, a few years later, it is on PC! - Dragons dogma

1 minute ago, WarWeeny said:

Yeah, this never happened or anything, "yeah won't come to consoles!" - 1 year later..hey look who is coming to consoles! - Firefall

Same as "won't come to PC" and hey, a few years later, it is on PC! - Dragons dogma

It would be good if it did come to console as some people actually want it on console, only reason why it wasn't made for console on launch because it didn't sell really well on consoles.

Making posts with the title above is not allowed per the Community Standards. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch