Windows 10 Mobile Insider Topic

GoodBytes
6 minutes ago, TheCMan said:

Yea, I guess my post was more advice. Use 6tag, not Instagram. It's better for a Windows Mobile user.

I'd also suggest using a 3rd party twitter app on Android or Windows Phone. There are some pretty good ones out there.

What is your favorite Twitter app on Windows Mobile that is also on Windows PC?

Tweetium. It costs a few dollars but worth it. (Don't pay for the Pro version)

Instagram on Windows Mobile is now as good as the IOS version except it lags a bit.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

It doesn't matter. People look for official apps. Heck, many people on Windows Phone (8 and 10), still wants an official YouTube app, even though current alternative one are more feature rich and better, than the official app on Android,and it also looks decent, so that is not even a reason... sooo yea. Anyway, we have it, for those that care, this is great news. We need more.

The biggest win for the platform is Google apps on it: Waze (actually supported), YouTube, Google Drive, Google Play Music, and so on. This will allow people that aren't in the Microsoft ecosystem, to switch to Windows 10 Mobile. Because you have to consider that even if Windows 10 Mobile is so amazing, people on Android, are locked in to Google ecosystem. They can switch to Apple no problem as everything runs there too, but they can't switch to Windows 10 Mobile. While relations between Microsoft and Google are getting better, it is all baby steps.

I prefer (and I probably speak for most users here) official 3rd party apps/

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Tweetium. It costs a few dollars but worth it.

Instagram on Windows Mobile is now as good as the IOS version except it lags a bit.

It's as good because it IS the ios version. That's actually the problem. It doesn't use Windows Mobile features such as pivot. On Android, the share option in Instagram uses the Android share feature which is better then what IOS gives. They could make the app a bit better if they implemented a few Windows Mobile features.

This is why 6Tag works nicer on Windows Mobile 10. The official app works and works fine and just how it does on IOS BUUUTTTT I don't really like certain things about IOS which is why I have a Windows Phone.

ok guys. I am wondering if you ow what the latest insider mobile build I can get for a Lumia Icon?

7 hours ago, TheCMan said:

ok guys. I am wondering if you ow what the latest insider mobile build I can get for a Lumia Icon?

Fast or Slow?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Microsoft released a new version of Groove Music which fixes the Groove Music Pass acquired and streaming music with the new build of Windows 10 (desktop and Mobile).

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-groove-getting-another-insider-preview-update-fixes-tap-fast-ring

Also, Gabriel Aul said on Twitter that there won't be a Windows 10 build on Mobile or Desktop this week on the Fast Ring, due to a critical issue they found during internal testing.

16 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Fast or Slow?

Both and Release preview

23 hours ago, TheCMan said:

I've read that Fast, Slow or Release Preview works for the Icon

WinZip Universal App released, works on Windows 10 Mobile

http://www.neowin.net/news/winzip-launches-universal-app-for-windows-10-pcs-and-phones-including-cortana-support?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+neowin-main+%28Neowin+News%29

Should take a moment for it to appear in the store (don't get confused with the currently released Windows 8 one)

7 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Microsoft released a new version of Groove Music which fixes the Groove Music Pass acquired and streaming music with the new build of Windows 10 (desktop and Mobile).

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-groove-getting-another-insider-preview-update-fixes-tap-fast-ring

Also, Gabriel Aul said on Twitter that there won't be a Windows 10 build on Mobile or Desktop this week on the Fast Ring, due to a critical issue they found during internal testing.

Well that is to bad on the release, I was hoping to see some improvements on some instabilities I fond on the last build. :( 

40 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

WinZip Universal App released, works on Windows 10 Mobile

http://www.neowin.net/news/winzip-launches-universal-app-for-windows-10-pcs-and-phones-including-cortana-support?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+neowin-main+%28Neowin+News%29

Should take a moment for it to appear in the store (don't get confused with the currently released Windows 8 one)

Cool.

5 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Both and Release preview

I've read that Fast, Slow or Release Preview works for the Icon

As far as I can tell they should be the most up to date unless your phone is not accepting them.

Fast: 14332

Slow: Not sure.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Vine updated their app so that it is now a Universal Windows 10 App

http://www.windowscentral.com/vine-launches-new-app-windows-10-pcs-and-tablets?utm_medium=slider&utm_campaign=navigation&utm_source=wp

Twitter's popular social video service Vine is now available for

Windows 10 PCs and tablets, expanding the app beyond its previous mobile confines. If you're a fan of taking in the often-hilarious videos 6 seconds at a time, you'll now be able to kick back and meander through your feed from the comfort of your Windows 10 machine of choice.

Windows 10 Mobile Edge web browser will be getting Extension support!!!

Already (if you are on the latest Fast ring build), if you do about:config in the address bar, you see an option to enable extension (but it does nothing, and you can't install anything, I tried), now Microsoft website was updated to add that Windows 10 Mobile Edge will have extensions, in the sense that it has been marked as "in development"

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-says-edge-extensions-for-windows-10-mobile-are-now-in-development?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+neowin-main+%28Neowin+News%29

Bad news! Microsoft confirms the removal of the FM Radio app, and has no plans to bring it back or make one

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-confirms-fm-radio-app-removal-windows-10-mobile?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wmexperts+%28Windows+Central%29

I guess I can look into making one (win10 mobile style, no ads, free).

But that would be like my first mobile app ever developed by myself. Unless you guys know an alternative FM radio app that is good already.

I can make it, if you guys would be interested and willing to help with testing and all that, and if you know how to code, it will be nicely welcomed.

So it looks like there is no API to get the station RDS information, which sucks... it means not being able to get the station name and what is playing... the official app did, so it suggest that they are were using undocumented API, which also explains why no other radio app provides this info.

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Bad news! Microsoft confirms the removal of the FM Radio app, and has no plans to bring it back or make one

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-confirms-fm-radio-app-removal-windows-10-mobile?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wmexperts+%28Windows+Central%29

But that would be like my first mobile app ever developed by myself. Unless you guys know an alternative FM radio app that is good already.

I can make it, if you guys would be interested and willing to help with testing and all that, and if you know how to code, it will be nicely welcomed.

Well if you do make anything i'll be happy to test it.

but you'll need $20 to pay for the right to publish apps for an individual.

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Windows 10 Mobile Edge web browser will be getting Extension support!!!

Already (if you are on the latest Fast ring build), if you do about:config in the address bar, you see an option to enable extension (but it does nothing, and you can't install anything, I tried), now Microsoft website was updated to add that Windows 10 Mobile Edge will have extensions, in the sense that it has been marked as "in development"

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-says-edge-extensions-for-windows-10-mobile-are-now-in-development?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+neowin-main+%28Neowin+News%29

Exciting

5 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Big Bummer, I was hoping it was a fluke that it was gone.

You know the built in app was not flashy, it was simple, straight forward and it was well designed and worked great. I shall miss it greatly.

It was a great addition during bad weather for me, no need for a weather radio.

I want it back. :( 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Introducing Windows 10 Mobile 10586.318

This is available for Official Releases known as "Production" builds and Windows Insider "Release Preview".

Here is the changelog

General user experience
  • Fixed a problem that resulted in battery drain while the screen is off
  • Fixed bugs related to the update system
  • Fixed a bug that caused devices to finish the initial setup incorrectly
  • Fixes and improvements to Cortana
  • Fixed a bug where music playback would not resume after dismissing an incoming text
  • Fixed bugs with Microsoft Edge browser
  • Fixed a bug that caused recorded video to be lost
  • The navigation bar to no longer overlays and hide parts of the screen like it did before in some cases
  • Bug fixes
  • Improvements to reliability, performance and stability

On 5/11/2016 at 7:39 AM, AluminiumTech said:

Introducing Windows 10 Mobile 10586.318

<snip>

'Bout time that came out, I can update my 925 . . . but I am waiting on the fast ring release for my 950xl , the last one was canceled due to an errant bug. :( 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

19 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

'Bout time that came out, I can update my 925 . . . but I am waiting on the fast ring release for my 950xl , the last one was canceled due to an errant bug. :( 

Honestly, as I drive my car every day for work and use my phone over Bluetooth, the last 2 builds have been such a pain. I just can't wait for Microsoft to release the next build... but if it means more time and have bluetooth issues fixed, than good, but it is so annoying to me, I either want to trow my phone out the window when I drive on the highway, or go back to production ring (probably the later).

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Honestly, as I drive my car every day for work and use my phone over Bluetooth, the last 2 builds have been such a pain. I just can't wait for Microsoft to release the next build... but if it means more time and have bluetooth issues fixed, than good, but it is so annoying to me, I either want to trow my phone out the window when I drive on the highway, or go back to production ring (probably the later).

I feel for ya

(I really do)

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

It’s bigger, it’s badder, ladies and gentlemen, it’s too much for Mr. GoodBytes!

New Windows 10 Mobile Build!

Ok it's not super exciting, but it is massive number of bug fixes, including potentially my issue solved.

• WiFi Sense has been removed, much like on the desktop as no one was using it.
  • Swipe navigation in Microsoft Edge is here!
  • Apps for websites feature arrived, but nothing is available to use it.
  • Fixed an issue causing installation of mobile builds to fail with Error 80070002.
  • Language and Speech Packs should download without any errors
  • Fixed the issue causing DRM-protected content from services like Groove Music, Microsoft Movies & TV, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu to fail on playback with 0x8004C029 or 0x8004C503 errors.
  • Improved performance when retrieving updated GPS coordinates while driving.
  • Goodbye message on shutdown will now remain visible until the last moment, to make it easier to determine when your device is off.
  • Fixed the issue where Groove Music might show an error saying “Can’t play – Another app is controlling your sound right now”.
  • Fixed an issue where multiple UWPs might start crashing on launch after getting stuck on their splash screen.

and more.

New phones added:

• Lumia Icon
  • BLU Win HD LTE 150e
  • BLU Win JR 130e

You can view the full list of changes, and bug fixes here:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/05/16/announcing-windows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-14342/

Known issues are:

• We are investigating data issues with some Dual-SIM devices where cellular data doesn’t work correctly with a second SIM. Several issues relating to cellular data with Dual-SIM devices have been reported by Insiders with the last two Mobile builds and we’re investigating these reports.
  • Feedback Hub is not localized and the UI will be in English (U.S.) only, even with language packs installed.
  • We have reduced the number of instances where boxes are seen when entering emoji. You may still see them in some text fields – we’re working on it!
  • The Settings app may crash when you are re-arranging Quick Actions under Settings > System > Notification & actions. If it does, it could result in one of the Quick Action spots disappearing. If you see this happen, please refrain from changing your Quick Action settings on this build. If you have been impacted by this issue, only a hard reset will revert your Quick Action settings back to default.

So customize your quick action BEFORE upgrading to this build, else it will screw up and only a full reset will fix the problem.

45 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

<Snip>

Yay :) 

I don't use WiFi sense either, always thought it was a waste but figured somebody used it.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

9 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

It’s bigger, it’s badder, ladies and gentlemen, it’s too much for Mr. GoodBytes!

New Windows 10 Mobile Build!

Ok it's not super exciting, but it is massive number of bug fixes, including potentially my issue solved.

• WiFi Sense has been removed, much like on the desktop as no one was using it.
  • Swipe navigation in Microsoft Edge is here!
  • Apps for websites feature arrived, but nothing is available to use it.
  • Fixed an issue causing installation of mobile builds to fail with Error 80070002.
  • Language and Speech Packs should download without any errors
  • Fixed the issue causing DRM-protected content from services like Groove Music, Microsoft Movies & TV, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu to fail on playback with 0x8004C029 or 0x8004C503 errors.
  • Improved performance when retrieving updated GPS coordinates while driving.
  • Goodbye message on shutdown will now remain visible until the last moment, to make it easier to determine when your device is off.
  • Fixed the issue where Groove Music might show an error saying “Can’t play – Another app is controlling your sound right now”.
  • Fixed an issue where multiple UWPs might start crashing on launch after getting stuck on their splash screen.

and more.

New phones added:

• Lumia Icon
  • BLU Win HD LTE 150e
  • BLU Win JR 130e

You can view the full list of changes, and bug fixes here:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/05/16/announcing-windows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-14342/

Known issues are:

So customize your quick action BEFORE upgrading to this build, else it will screw up and only a full reset will fix the problem.

Lol. I remember that moment when I watched the Incredibles for the first time.

Noicee. When should we get Redstone 1 official releases? Around July ish? I'm really looking forward to this.

OFF topic - OH Yeah. Microsoft came back to me about the charger and they neither confirmed nor denied that it was normal.

Are there any "Fast" chargers for Lumias which use Micro USB 2.0?