Windows 10 Mobile Insider Topic

GoodBytes
1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Lol. I remember that moment when I watched the Incredibles for the first time.

Noicee. When should we get Redstone 1 official releases? Around July ish? I'm really looking forward to this.

OFF topic - OH Yeah. Microsoft came back to me about the charger and they neither confirmed nor denied that it was normal.

Are there any "Fast" chargers for Lumias which use Micro USB 2.0?

lol! Hey you got the reference! :D

Yea it is supposed to be released around that time: June/July.

As for the charger, I don't know any personally. But any from other phones brand should work, much like my mother uses my Logitech mouse one for her Moto G phone.

9 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

lol! Hey you got the reference! :D

Yea it is supposed to be released around that time: June/July.

As for the charger, I don't know any personally. But any from other phones brand should work, much like my mother uses my Logitech mouse one for her Moto G phone.

Is there any app which measures charging speed?

I might use my G700s charging cable.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

9 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Is there any app which measures charging speed?

Not that I know off, but Windows 10 Mobile does tell you how much time it takes to charge.

So it looks like that my Bluetooth issues are all solved!

(Well I still need to use the compatibility mode thingy option, so voices are passed as phone calls to the car, but that was like that since day 1)

Oh guy! Cortana for Turn-by-Turn navigation with Windows Maps has arrived!!!!

It is real nice! Much less robotic than before. You have to try it. Make sure you have the latest version of Maps.

Why are you still here reading this? Try now! Stop reading, and go now... shou shou, begone, test!

24 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

So it looks like that my Bluetooth issues are all solved!

(Well I still need to use the compatibility mode thingy option, so voices are passed as phone calls to the car, but that was like that since day 1)

Oh guy! Cortana for Turn-by-Turn navigation with Windows Maps has arrived!!!!

It is real nice! Much less robotic than before. You have to try it. Make sure you have the latest version of Maps.

Why are you still here reading this? Try now! Stop reading, and go now... shou shou, begone, test!

Awesome, glad to hear that your BT is working. xD

I admit I have noticed better performance on my side with BT but that is only after using it for one call after the update, I will make a better determination after more 'testing' on my end.

I will most definitively use the turn-by-turn nav on my way home from work and see how it does. (excitement turns up)

I must say I never liked the directions being treated a phone call by the car though but this may not be the phones fault it is probably the car that does this by default, I do not honestly know. Maybe I should bring this up in the feedback? (yeah I should)

:P 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I don't know about you guys, but this build is freaking fantastic on my side. While it is still not perfect, it is by far the best experience I had from any build since I got my phone. Like seriously.

And you know what is crazy?

THERE IS A NEW BUILD!

That is right, Gabe Aul announced on Twitter a new build for Windows 10 Mobile: 14324.1003

What's new?

Nothing. The Build is identical as the previous one, but contains "bug fixes and improvements", sadly no real details on them.

You dig what there is, here from the "Update" notes on the page.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/05/16/announcing-windows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-14342/

17 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I don't know about you guys, but this build is freaking fantastic on my side. While it is still not perfect, it is by far the best experience I had from any build since I got my phone. Like seriously.

And you know what is crazy?

THERE IS A NEW BUILD!

That is right, Gabe Aul announced on Twitter a new build for Windows 10 Mobile: 14324.1003

What's new?

Nothing. The Build is identical as the previous one, but contains "bug fixes and improvements", sadly no real details on them.

You dig what there is, here from the "Update" notes on the page.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/05/16/announcing-windows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-14342/

I'm still waiting for next official release. :(

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Awesome :) 

I have noticed a definite improvement to functionality as well with the last update.

Responsiveness is better over all.

I will get today's update later when I get home. I reviewed the notes and I am stoked, there are few things to note that I am looking forward to specifically.

- Goodbye message on shutdown will now remain visible until the last moment, to make it easier to determine when your device is off.

- Polished the look of media controls on the Lock screen. When you press one of the media control buttons, it appears “pressed”.
- We fixed an issue where Glance wouldn’t be displayed when hovering hand over proximity sensor.

This is good to point out as well.

UPDATE: After your device reboots from installing this update, if it gets stuck as the Windows logo – let it sit and be patient. It might appear frozen but its still working in the background. While you wait, it is recommended you plug your phone in and let it charge as well. For more details – see this forum post.
Read more at https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/05/16/announcing-windows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-14342/#75g7toMQtr7iKuC0.99

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

When Anniversary Update will be released then, which will probably be at the same time or 1-2 weeks after Windows 10 Anniversary Update is released.

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

When Anniversary Update will be released then, which will probably be at the same time or 1-2 weeks after Windows 10 Anniversary Update is released.

I'll be updating the wife's BLU HD LTE when the anniversary update comes out. She is still on WP8.1.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

Awesome :) 

I have noticed a definite improvement to functionality as well with the last update.

Responsiveness is better over all.

I will get today's update later when I get home. I reviewed the notes and I am stoked, there are few things to note that I am looking forward to specifically.

This is good to point out as well.

Well that's great. Meanwhile on official release builds performance has been kind of nasty.

Lots of lags and freezes and stutter.

little bit of a mess imho.

I am REALLY liking the new functionality on the latest builds. Last build was great. I've been sending text messages on my PC. This new build brought new things that I've been waiting for such as forward and back swipe feature on Edge.

I have a HUGE problem though. When I first installed 14342 I had problems with apps not loading up such as Groove Music. It would just close after it showed it loading for a few seconds. Biggest problem is just MASSIVE battery drain. I hard reset my phone and I still have huge battery drain. Apps are fine though. Installing the latest 14342.1003  didn't do anything to help the issue. .1003 is suppose to improve reliability. Still a huge batttery drain.

Anyone else having issues? It could just be that the Lumia Icon doesn't work well on this build.

Battery life is great on my side. Might be even better than before, I don't know for sure.

I have the Lumia 950 XL Dual Sim (using only 1 SIM).

Maybe, Microsoft made a system, that suck battery life of other users and giving to other users via the interwebs!

- Panorama mode coming to Windows 10 Mobile.

- As well as an updated Wallet app with a new look, (still no credit card support from what can be seen from leaks)

- And, ID & Filter call/sms blocker native to the OS.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-mobile-get-id-filter-callsms-blocker

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-working-panorama-mode-windows-10-mobiles-camera-app

http://www.winbeta.org/news/wallet-app-getting-new-look-windows-10-mobile

And if you check our Lumia Offers app, you have 2x Free Audiobooks from Audibles.com waiting for you.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/lumia-offers-still-hanging-around-offering-2-free-audible-books

Microsoft has teased a  new "Project Europe" UWP thing. Cool......

microsoft-project-europe.jpg

OMG YES! THis is a thing!

Yeah! OneDrive UWP App!

one.PNG

25 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

OMG YES! THis is a thing!

Yeah! OneDrive UWP App!

Yea, but it sucks.

13 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Yea, but it sucks.

THey updated it but it kinda sucks a little bit.

New Windows 10 Mobile Build!

Microsoft says it features bug fixes (no specifications), and battery life improvement, and solve the CPU getting hot for Lumia 930, and 929.

8 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

New Windows 10 Mobile Build!

Microsoft says it features bug fixes (no specifications), and battery life improvement, and solve the CPU getting hot for Lumia 930, and 929.

Wikipedia seems to confirm this.

NEW STUFF!

There's a new "Requirements" section in the Windows Store!

new-store-requirements-box.jpg

If you're a Windows Insider running the new version of the

Windows Store on Windows 10 Mobile for "Redstone" builds, you'll now be able to easily check out whether you're phone meets the given system requirements for an app. As you can see in the screenshots below, the Store now provides a segmented rundown of requirements, posting a check mark next to each one that your phone meets.

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-store-now-telling-insiders-whether-their-phone-meets-apps-requirements

6 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

NEW STUFF!

There's a new "Requirements" section in the Windows Store!

<snip>

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-store-now-telling-insiders-whether-their-phone-meets-apps-requirements

Yeah its been that way for less than a week now. 

Problem is that most app's description has disappeared, not cool. I have already made a note of it in the feed back. I think it was a bug during the update to the store.

I honestly like the old style better but as long as they added a way to tell if the app was continuum capable (UWP).

*Sigh*

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

We don't know if this is coming to Redstone 1 or 2 of Windows 10 Mobile, but based on a leak showing the app, Windows 10 Mobile will get XBox One console streaming.

We know that Microsoft announced that you'll be able to plug a XBox One controller to the continuum dock (I don't know if this feature is out to try, to see if you really need the dock or work with a an adapter directly connected to the phone), but we never knew about streaming the game console to your phone. Of course, and to be clear, the streaming is happening within your home.. so don't expect to play XBox One games on the bus or train or something (mind you, it will eat your phone data plan in no time, and get a nasty surprise at the end of the month).

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/xbox-one-game-streaming-could-be-coming-to-windows-10-mobile?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+neowin-main+%28Neowin+News%29