No Signal Detected

Goldeneman1
Go to solution Solved by iamdarkyoshi,
Just now, Goldeneman1 said:

The code is "0000"

Looks to me like the BIOS on the motherboard does not support the CPU, but can be upgraded to support the CPU.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2389025/asus-z97-pro-4790k-red-cpu-light-debug-code.html

Hi

I have this problem with my build at the moment when I plug my DVI-D cable from my monitor into my GTX 960 graphics card using a HDMI cable. My monitor keeps on saying "No Signal Detected" and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Any help will be appreciated 

Wait, So you plugged a DVI-D cable from your monitor into your graphics card... Using a HDMI cable? What?

Do you mean to say that you plugged a DVI-D cable from your monitor's DVI-D Port to your GPU's HDMI Port using an adaptor?

You can try directly plugging HDMI from your GPU to Monitor. Most monitors support HDMI I believe. If this does not work start to figure out the problem, whether its the cable's problem (By using another cable/adapter), or the ports problem.

Also check on your monitor whether your input is DVI-D. If you're on HDMI, it would not be receiving any signal, obviously.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

1 minute ago, Silyy097 said:

Wait, So you plugged a DVI-D cable from your monitor into your graphics card... Using a HDMI cable? What?

Do you mean to say that you plugged a DVI-D cable from your monitor's DVI-D Port to your GPU's HDMI Port using an adaptor?

You can try directly plugging HDMI from your GPU to Monitor. Most monitors support HDMI I believe. If this does not work start to figure out the problem, whether its the cable's problem (By using another cable/adapter), or the ports problem.

Also check on your monitor whether your input is DVI-D. If you're on HDMI, it would not be receiving any signal, obviously.

I have a DVI-D cable to HDMI cable. So I plugged the DVI-D into my monitor and HDMI to my graphics card. Right now I'm using a laptop and I plugged the HDMI side into it and it works so I don't think it is to do with the cable. 

so your monitor dosent have HDMI in im guessing then, not really sure what to do but dosent most 960s have a DVI-D out anyway? its on almost EVERYTHING 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

so your monitor dosent have HDMI in im guessing then, not really sure what to do but dosent most 960s have a DVI-D out anyway? its on almost EVERYTHING 

Yes it does have a DVI-D out 

Yes it does have a DVI-D out 

then why not just use that then?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

then why not just use that then?

I have a DVI-D cable to HDMI. DVI-D for the monitor and HDMI for the graphics card. I can't switch them around, because my monitor doesn't have a HDMI slot

1 minute ago, Goldeneman1 said:

I have a DVI-D cable to HDMI. DVI-D for the monitor and HDMI for the graphics card. I can't switch them around, because my monitor doesn't have a HDMI slot

so you dont have a DVI-D cable then?... its odd that this wouldent work tho might be the adapter or the graphics card just not liking the adapter fsr. go get a DVI-D cable tho so you wont have these problems

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

so you dont have a DVI-D cable then?... its odd that this wouldent work tho might be the adapter or the graphics card just not liking the adapter fsr. go get a DVI-D cable tho so you wont have these problems

I have this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400752264003?euid=b9500c432d7b41658c50435143083ff8&cp=1&exe=12792&ext=32581&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=ext

and no other cables then. Ok might be a problem with the cable, might be damaged inside or something like that 

Builds:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

and no other cables then. Ok might be a problem with the cable, might be damaged inside or something like that 

I pluged the same cable with my laptop and it worked

I pluged the same cable with my laptop and it worked

then the graphics cards port might be broken or just has a problem with that cable. im generally against using adapters when not needed so go pick up a DVI-D cable at your local store that sells that kind off stuff, dosent have to be anything "quality" because it dosent matter at all basically 

Builds:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

then the graphics cards port might be broken or just has a problem with that cable. im generally against using adapters when not needed so go pick up a DVI-D cable at your local store that sells that kind off stuff, dosent have to be anything "quality" because it dosent matter at all basically 

Scary thing is that I plugged it into my motherboard and still the same message

Scary thing is that I plugged it into my motherboard and still the same message

well did you take your graphics card out before doing that?`might give you a diferent result

Builds:

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well did you take your graphics card out before doing that?`might give you a diferent result

Still nothing. Really confused here

9 minutes ago, Goldeneman1 said:

Still nothing. Really confused here

So you literally do not own one of these? 

DVI%20Cable.jpg

I have had some videocards get kinda finicky with HDMI to DVI cables. I would try a straight DVI to DVI cable

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

So you literally do not own one of these? 

DVI%20Cable.jpg

I have had some videocards get kinda finicky with HDMI to DVI cables. I would try a straight DVI to DVI cable

Nope. This is my first build and I have never had a monitor before. Only been using a laptop

3 minutes ago, Goldeneman1 said:

Nope. This is my first build and I have never had a monitor before. Only been using a laptop

I would suggest getting a DVI to DVI cable, they are generally quite cheap. What happens if you take your GPU out of the machine and plug the HDMI to DVI cable into the onboard video? When a GPU is installed, some motherboards disable onboard video

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I would suggest getting a DVI to DVI cable, they are generally quite cheap. What happens if you take your GPU out of the machine and plug the HDMI to DVI cable into the onboard video? When a GPU is installed, some motherboards disable onboard video

I took it out and put the HDMI cable into my motherboard. I still get the same problem

I took it out and put the HDMI cable into my motherboard. I still get the same problem

Strange. Really starting to blame the cable, I had similar issues before with an HDMI to DVI cable.

Ok super worried now. My motherboard is showing a red light next to the cpu...could that be the problem?

Ok super worried now. My motherboard is showing a red light next to the cpu...could that be the problem?

Might just be a power indicator. Most motherboards have various status LEDs for things. Is the CPU power plugged in?

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

Might just be a power indicator. Most motherboards have various status LEDs for things. Is the CPU power plugged in?

Yes. The fan is spinning too. I have an Asus z87 deluxe motherboard and the manual says its something about it not being able to POST

5 minutes ago, Goldeneman1 said:

Yes. The fan is spinning too. I have an Asus z87 deluxe motherboard and the manual says its something about it not being able to POST

Do you have any beeper speakers plugged into the motherboard? They should give you an error code. Maybe it is a RAM related issue, try reseating the RAM or trying one stick at a time