CableMod WideBeam LED Strips

43 minutes ago, AxelRantila said:

The mysterious video was great!

agreed, it was hilarious 

I was wanting to run 2 strips of LED's.  one set along the top, and one set along the bottom of my case, 900D.  I made a diagram showing the setup I am aiming for.. what would be the suggested items to accomplish this.  I noticed on the link above they come in 15LED strips or 30LED strips. (30-60cm).  thanks in advance..

lightingdiagram.jpg

Tfw when your mobo doesn't have an RGB header. FeelsBadMan

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Do the cablemod strips work with the NZXT Hue+ ? 

I just want to add the UV strips to the 2nd Channel of the Hue+ without adding more cable or adapters to my pc.

But would also be nice to know if the 60cm RGB strips work with the HUE+.

On 2/12/2016 at 3:14 AM, andlaw said:

I was wanting to run 2 strips of LED's.  one set along the top, and one set along the bottom of my case, 900D.  I made a diagram showing the setup I am aiming for.. what would be the suggested items to accomplish this.  I noticed on the link above they come in 15LED strips or 30LED strips. (30-60cm).  thanks in advance..

Why did you put an external DVD drive inside your case

10 minutes ago, ADM-Ntek said:

in that case you will have to use this https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-widebeam-foam-rgb-led-kit-30cm/

i just hope the price wont be to insane. 

If you include shipping then yeah, it's insanely insane.

Why must I live in Asia T.T I entered the giveaway tho. I hope I can win it. My current lighting is bare LEDs with my ghetto double sided tape on the reverse with bare wires going into a molex. >.<

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

That was a pretty informative video. I can't really agree with the controller. While it seems interesting at first, after thinking about it it will just be annoying and in the way. I guess if you don't have one of those new RGB Asus board you still have the Hue+ as an alternative.

22 hours ago, BenjaminC said:

Why did you put an external DVD drive inside your case

because.. I wanted to? lol... The 900D is great looking, why would I want to mess it up by installing an optic drive, when I can use an external and use it when needed. and in this case, I mounted it there so it could be easily used and is out of the way.  is there a problem with that?

I would like to win the giveaway because last night i ordered parts to build a pc and i tgink two strips would look really cool along with the blue led fans in my case.

On 2/13/2016 at 3:40 AM, andlaw said:

because.. I wanted to? lol... The 900D is great looking, why would I want to mess it up by installing an optic drive, when I can use an external and use it when needed. and in this case, I mounted it there so it could be easily used and is out of the way.  is there a problem with that?

Just keep it in a drawer

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2016 at 3:34 AM, Geralt said:

Tfw when your mobo doesn't have an RGB header. FeelsBadMan

On 2/12/2016 at 7:19 AM, ADM-Ntek said:

in that case you will have to use this https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-widebeam-foam-rgb-led-kit-30cm/

i just hope the price wont be to insane. 

I've been working on an Arduino controlled DIY solution for a while now. It's basically working but I'm stuck on the UI I want to create for it. Sadly, modern web frontend tech & responsive design is not my strong suit. Anyone interested in this project and is good with web UI please let me know. I know what I want to do with it; I'm just stuck on the last 25% or so.

Mine:

Gaming Tower (last rebuild 2012): i7 3770 (non-K) sitting in an ASRock z77 Extreme 4 also housing 12GB of RAM (Crucial Ballistix...LEDs...pre-RGB craze).  Cooled by an Antec Kuhler AIO water cooler.  This is powered by a SeaSonic M12ii 750 PSU.  Windows 10 is displayed on a combo of a 28" 4k Samsung UE590 and an older 22" Samsung FHD monitor; driven by an ASUS ROG Strix nVidia GTX 1070.  Illuminated by a set of CoolerMaster RGB fans and an RGB strip, all wrapped in Corsair's C70 black case.  Input accepted by a Logitech K800 illuminated wireless keyboard and G602 wireless mouse.  Sound provided by onboard audio via 5.1 Logitech surround sound or JVC HARX900 Headphones or gaming on Logitech's G533 wireless headset.

Server: Dell r710 running unRAID. 2x 6c/12t Xeon E5649, 72GB RAM, 10.3TB main array + 4TB cache, RAID 1 x 256GB SSD cache.

Main portable: HP Elite x2 1012 G2 - Core i5, 8gb ram 256gb nvme.

Zombie portable (literally thought it died...powered on years later headed for the e-waste pile): Dell Venue 11 pro.

Handheld: Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know what motherboard he is using?

Or, at least, any boards with the RGB headers?

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

On 4/5/2016 at 11:20 AM, UberGamerKing said:

Anyone know what motherboard he is using?

Or, at least, any boards with the RGB headers?

The RGB headers are on a few of the higher end Asus ROG mobos. Unfortunately, nearly all very expensive mobos.

If Gigabyte offered them on cheaper boards, Asus would follow suit. Right now, none of that has happened. The NZXT Hue+ has been extremely popular though and supply has been outstripped by demand almost everywhere in the past few months. Still quite hard to find in the wild.