Looking for a new phone

SImoHayha

So my father just purchased a new Galaxy S6 Edge from T-Mobile. He is getting me a brand new phone next week. 

I was wonder what phones that are for T-mobile are pretty good for roughly I guess 200-300$  My current phone is a Nokia Lumia 521. So anything better than that would be fine. 

Here are my needs for a phone. It has to be waterproof or resistant. Good battery life roughly 30 hours or a 3000 mah battery. Of course a tad bit powerful for emulators and such for the most part I'll probably be playing GBA games on it as well or maybe using PPSSPP.  The size matters as well. I don't want a I giant phone somewhat small or medium sized.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

The LG V10 looks like a really solid phone and has a replaceable battery, which seems like it would be good since the Emulators you reference seem to always be power hogs.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

LG G4 or V10 isn't too bad of a choice. Sony Z series is pretty good too.

5 minutes ago, Iamfreddie said:

Only problem Sony Z series are ungodly expensive and I can't seem to find any. I seen the V10 that looks pretty nice

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

1 hour ago, Iamfreddie said:

What about the Xperia Z3 Compact

1 hour ago, Ramamataz said:

Pretty decent phone. The Z3 or the Z3 compact is pretty powerful with awesome battery life and its also water resistant. The Z3 isn't actually that big but you should have a feel for yourself.

4 hours ago, Ramamataz said:

lg g4 is a big phone. the v10 is even bigger. battery life on them are terrible.

the z3 compact is old,expensive and not so powerful but the battery life is great. 

from this gen i recommend the normal galaxy s6.it has preety much everything and it has a better battery life than the g4.no waterproof but it has the premium build/design

35 minutes ago, s3ns3 said:

lg g4 is a big phone. the v10 is even bigger. battery life on them are terrible.

the z3 compact is old,expensive and not so powerful but the battery life is great. 

from this gen i recommend the normal galaxy s6.it has preety much everything and it has a better battery life than the g4.no waterproof but it has the premium build/design

What about the Honor 5X?

ASUS Zenfone 2, I've had the lower spec (2gb, 1.8 ghz dualcore) one for about 6 months and I love it, and don't knock  it just because of the size, you get used to it. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875220009R&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cell+Phone+-+Unlocked+Cell+Phones-_-N82E16875220009R&gclid=CKHo0vSB5soCFYRahgodt8wMpg&gclsrc=aw.ds