Is Need for Speed Rivals 60fps?

reapersivan

Can you play the game in 60fps? i have seen old articles that said you could only play in 30 fps, is this true? Also, would anyone recommend a great racing game that looks beautiful and is like the NFS games?

No. Capped at 30.

Edit: Only Asphalt :P Try a few NFS games and you will find the one you are really searching for.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

4 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

No. Capped at 30.

Edit: Only Asphalt :P Try a few NFS games and you will find the one you are really searching for.

Damnit, I gotta return it.

Just now, reapersivan said:

Damnit, I gotta return it.

Return? Why? It looks and plays great even on 30. 

1 minute ago, reapersivan said:

I am picky with 60fps and stuff. Is the crew any good?

Picky? It's just a number, doesn't really change the gameplay. That's a totally different game. Graphics aren't nearly as good as NFS. But hey, NFS Most Wanted is for free on Origin. Locked at 60 fps. Try it.

1 minute ago, Allshevski said:

Picky? It's just a number, doesn't really change the gameplay. That's a totally different game. Graphics aren't nearly as good as NFS. But hey, NFS Most Wanted is for free on Origin. Locked at 60 fps. Try it.

I got it and loved it! I had played it on console before. Any other ideas for great racing games? 

1 minute ago, Allshevski said:

Yeah fucking right, say that to NFSMW with it's MASSIVE input lag causing tank like controls.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

1 hour ago, LokiFire said:

Yeah fucking right, say that to NFSMW with it's MASSIVE input lag causing tank like controls.

I haven't noticed any stupid bad input lag 

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

4 hours ago, reapersivan said:

I got it and loved it! I had played it on console before. Any other ideas for great racing games? 

Not many people seem to like The Crew, i personally love it and with wild run there is so many things to do. Not to mention it has gotten a graphics face lift in the past months which looks fantastic!

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

4 hours ago, Pomfinator said:

You can unlock the framerate, but they committed the ultimate sin of attaching physics AND car speed to the framerate.

Eh it's not like they separately tied  two different features to frame rate. They made a frame 33ms in game time, invariable game time makes a ton of stuff much easier. 

Obviously it's not a perfect solution, but if you look at their performance metrics on console the game is absolutely locked so it's a pretty simple thing, if you can guarantee a locked frame rate, they're isn't a real reason to not use locked time. They probably just assumed it wouldn't be an issue and 30fps isn't hard to reach on the PC side. 

They've obviously noticed and responded positively to the back lash of the previous game 

"Part of the conversation includes hearing from our PC community that an unlocked frame rate in Need for Speed is a massive priority for you, and we fully agree. To deliver this, we’ve made the decision to move the PC release date to Spring 2016. Our PlayStation 4 and Xbox One release dates will remain the same, starting November 3, 2015 in North America and November 5 worldwide."

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R