Quote won't go away

Trik'Stari
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

If you click the move thing, then press delete, it should remove the quote. Also, if you Ctrl+Right click in the quote, you get the option to remove it.

The forum software developers are aware that this is less than ideal, and, as far as I know, they are planning to fix it, along with some other usability issues in the next ~3 months. Unfortunately, you're just going to have to work around it until then.

So, in some threads, if I click to quote someone, then decide to quote someone else instead, I cannot remove their quote from the editor. Even if I reload the page, close the browser, etc. Their quote stays in the editor.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

So, in some threads, if I click to quote someone, then decide to quote someone else instead, I cannot remove their quote from the editor. Even if I reload the page, close the browser, etc. Their quote stays in the editor.

I've gotten this problem as well. Try filling in some text in the quote, enter twice, a bit more text, then you ought to be able to remove all of it.

Just now, GlassBomb said:

I've gotten this problem as well. Try filling in some text in the quote, enter twice, a bit more text, then you ought to be able to remove all of it.

Will do.

you gotta double click le quote

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

2 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

It did not work.

Oh wait, there it goes.

2 minutes ago, babadoctor said:

you gotta double click le quote

I'm not 100% sure what the perimeters are on what you've got to do, but it's a bit annoying. For sure.

I'm not 100% sure what the parimeters are on what you've got to do, but it's a bit annoying. For sure.

I had to click in a blank area of the quote and hit delete.

woa

i found a bug

5b6b6e4619d5f17464f3525fd21ed28d.png

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

If you click the move thing, then press delete, it should remove the quote. Also, if you Ctrl+Right click in the quote, you get the option to remove it.

The forum software developers are aware that this is less than ideal, and, as far as I know, they are planning to fix it, along with some other usability issues in the next ~3 months. Unfortunately, you're just going to have to work around it until then.

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Also in the same vein: saving quotes even though you delete everything. Then I want to quote another post in the same thread, and the same deleted quote comes back. Nothing helps with that, leaving the thread, ctrl+F5, visiting other threads... 

Like in this case: Right now I'm quoting you in that post and I wrote something here. I could now leave this thread, go read 2-3 other threads, then come back here, quote OP, and this post would appear. Also, in no way I would be able to actually quote OP, even if I tried to clean up the window, refresh and everything.

I'm wondering whether it has something to do with the post saving feature? 

Seriously, sometimes it's kinda getting out of hand, and having to manually edit the quote boxes and timestamps is kinda annoying, especially in long threads. I could provide additional data if it's required, although I doubt it can be fixed without access to code... 

Just now, Rahnie said:

Also in the same vein: saving quotes even though you delete everything. Then I want to quote another post in the same thread, and the same deleted quote comes back. Nothing helps with that, leaving the thread, ctrl+F5, visiting other threads... 

Like in this case: Right now I'm quoting you in that post and I wrote something here. I could now leave this thread, go read 2-3 other threads, then come back here, quote OP, and this post would appear. Also, in no way I would be able to actually quote OP, even if I tried to clean up the window, refresh and everything.

I'm wondering whether it has something to do with the post saving feature? 

Seriously, sometimes it's kinda getting out of hand, and having to manually edit the quote boxes and timestamps is kinda annoying, especially in long threads. I could provide additional data if it's required, although I doubt it can be fixed without access to code... 

If you ctrl+right click on the quote and click "remove quote", or click the move icon that appears when you hover over it then press delete, you can remove the quote. I know that you can't do that on mobile, and that is what the improvements that I mentioned above should help with.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

If you ctrl+right click on the quote and click "remove quote", or click the move icon that appears when you hover over it then press delete, you can remove the quote. I know that you can't do that on mobile, and that is what the improvements that I mentioned above should help with.

Clicking the "insert/remove bulleted list" seems to make it so you can remove the quote. Had the same issue today.