Switch to Desktop

While I am very pleased with the update overall, there are two things is one thing missing, both of which were which was present in the old version of the forum.

• The First (and most important) is that Switch to Desktop Version has been removed and checking Request Desktop site on Chrome doesn't change anything. The mobile site is greatly improved, but I personally can't stand using any site my phone (Droid Turbo for screen size reference) with mobile formatting no matter how good the site is. The Desktop Version should always be available for mobile users, NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • The Second issue is just a small annoyance, you can no longer have One Line spacing from pressing Enter. In order to have a One Line space you must either type to the extent of a line or use the cool new bullet point system, but sometimes a one line space is useful and now alot of posts will be blank space extending the scroll bar. The amount of effort to press Enter twice is not substantial enough to warrant this change.

Thanks @A Guy Eating Cereal for pointing out [shift] [enter] = One line  space

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

3 minutes ago, zacRupnow said:

While I am very pleased with the update overall, there are two things missing, both of which were present in the old version of the forum.

• The First (and most important) is that Switch to Desktop Version has been removed and checking Request Desktop site on Chrome doesn't change anything. The mobile site is greatly improved, but I personally can't stand using any site my phone (Droid Turbo for screen size reference) with mobile formatting no matter how good the site is. The Desktop Version should always be available for mobile users, NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • The Second issue is just a small annoyance, you can no longer have One Line spacing from pressing Enter. In order to have a One Line space you must either type to the extent of a line or use the cool new bullet point system, but sometimes a one line space is useful and now alot of posts will be blank space extending the scroll bar. The amount of effort to press Enter twice is not substantial enough to warrant this change.

[shift] [enter] = One line  space

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

Unfortunately, due to the way that the mobile site works, it's not currently possible for you to switch to the desktop version, though it is something that we will be looking into changing in the future.

While I agree that there are some times where having no paragraph spacing can be useful, I don't think there are particularly many. On desktop, it can be achieved using Shift+Enter, but I would encourage you to use the default paragraph spacing instead - it is easier to read, and it's also more semantically correct (not that that really matters). It's not like it adds that much whitespace really.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

Unfortunately, due to the way that the mobile site works, it's not currently possible for you to switch to the desktop version, though it is something that we will be looking into changing in the future.

I'm curious as to why it's gone, has the entire forum changed to a screen size based platform? I notice that making the desktop browser window small changes to the mobile site.

36 minutes ago, zacRupnow said:

While I am very pleased with the update overall, there are two things is one thing missing, both of which were which was present in the old version of the forum.

Thanks @A Guy Eating Cereal for pointing out [shift] [enter] = One line  space

No problem man! :)

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

24 minutes ago, zacRupnow said:

I'm curious as to why it's gone, has the entire forum changed to a screen size based platform? I notice that making the desktop browser window small changes to the mobile site.

Yeah, there's no such thing as a mobile theme any more - it's all the same theme, and just displays differently on smaller devices.

HTTP/2 203

38 minutes ago, A Guy Eating Cereal said:

[shift] [enter] = One line  space

How do I do this on my phone?

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Just now, TomvanWijnen said:

How do I do this on my phone?

Unfortunately, at this time it's not possible.

HTTP/2 203

25 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Unfortunately, at this time it's not possible.

Derp lol

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

I like the new mobile version, it actually works! I couldn't access many features on the old mobile version so just used desktop, I have good eyesight. It's good that both versions look similar now.

Just now, Peter Smyth said:

I like the new mobile version, it actually works! I couldn't access many features on the old mobile version so just used desktop, I have good eyesight. It's good that both versions look similar now.

I know it works unlike the old mobile site, I just can't stand mobile formatting at all.