Windows KEY help

Emanuel_M

my windows 8.1 key was upgraded to windows 10. can i use the new key to reinstall windows 8.1?

Just now, Emanuel_M said:

my windows 8.1 key was upgraded to windows 10. can i use the new key to reinstall windows 8.1?

Yes, but not on two computers simultaneously. You wouldn't be able to activate it while your Windows 10 remains activated (I believe).

Almost as cool as my temps  

Most likely. Just so long as you over ride the existing key and the existing OS.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, Benergy said:

Yes, but not on two computers simultaneously. You wouldn't be able to activate it while your Windows 10 remains activated (I believe).

OK ill do that. so even though the key was upgraded to windows 10 it will still active windows 8.1. How is that possible. i don't like how win 10 integrates cortana and i actually miss the metro start screen.

OK ill do that. so even though the key was upgraded to windows 10 it will still active windows 8.1. How is that possible. i don't like how win 10 integrates cortana and i actually miss the metro start screen.

Before you do that, there is a 'rollback' feature in Windows 10 if you upgraded from 8.1, you don't need to clean install. 

1 minute ago, Benergy said:

Before you do that, there is a 'rollback' feature in Windows 10 if you upgraded from 8.1, you don't need to clean install. 

i dont have that

i dont have that

I'm sorry but it looks like you may have deleted the old OS files thus losing the ability to rollback.

Just now, Benergy said:

I'm sorry but it looks like you may have deleted the old OS files thus losing the ability to rollback.

i do have the windows.old folder but i cant see anything that tells me to downgrade back tow windows 8.1

i do have the windows.old folder but i cant see anything that tells me to downgrade back tow windows 8.1

Click on Action centre in the bottom right > All settings > Update and security > Recovery

There should be a 'Rollback' option there - if it 's not there, the required files are missing or borked.

2 minutes ago, Benergy said:

Click on Action centre in the bottom right > All settings > Update and security > Recovery

There should be a 'Rollback' option there - if it 's not there, the required files are missing or borked.

yeah i dont have it so ill try to find another way then thanks. ill do a clean install im fine with it.

2 hours ago, Emanuel_M said:

If you want the start screen back in windows 10 its called tablet mode that will bring the start screen back

And as for cortana you can actually disable it from showing up on the task bar