What games should I get for my 3DS?

Okjoek

I had to get this system to play the remake of my first Pokemon game, Emerald. 

I currently own:

---

Pokemon Omega Ruby

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Tetris Axis

---

Games I'm thinking of getting are:

Shovel Knight

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

New Super Mario Bros 2

3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2

---

I was thinking of trying a Zelda game, but I've never played a zelda game before. Are there any good ones for someone new to the series?

Zelda is great, I would recommend ocarina of time 3d for your first one. You could also get super smash bros which is really good, or mariokart 7, the only one I  would consider getting out of the ones you listed is new super mario bros 2

I've only played a mario kart game once before. How's the 3DS version?

Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates.  Also remember that you have the entire DS library at your disposal as well.  So Advance Wars Dual Strike and Days of Ruin is highly recommended.  

Also strategy games aside, I'd also suggest you look into Rune Factory 4. 

Do you like rpgs? Because the 3ds has an amazing library of different kinds of rpgs.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

3 minutes ago, Daegun said:

Do you like rpgs? Because the 3ds has an amazing library of different kinds of rpgs.

What kinds are out there? I've never played a Zelda game and it looks attractive since I'm not too into the anime-saturated Japanese culture. Is there a 3DS Zelda game good for a beginner to the series?

@okjoek

Ocarina of Time would probably be the better Zelda game to start off with if you've never played one before. There are lots of different ones. Fire Emblem Awakening, mentioned above, is a turn-based tactics game. Shin Megami Tensei 4 is more of a standard Final Fantasy type rpg. Devil survivor Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2 are a mixture of both of those. Then there's the Etrian Odyssey games which are dungeon crawlers. Monster Hunter is also good but requires a lot of grinding.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Super Mario 3D World, Ocarina of Time 3D, A Link Between Worlds, Mario Kart 7 and Smash Bros

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard good things about the ones you listed, except for PSMD, which I've never looked into, but since you obviously like Pokemon, you'd probably like that game. I can personally recommend Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 7, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Pilotwings Resort, Nintendogs, Pushmo and Steam World Dig, since I played and can recommend all of those games. 

As for Zelda, I've heard mixed reviews for Ocarina of Time 3D, but from what I've heard, they have made it easier for beginner players like you. You could also check out some of the Virtual Console Zelda games if you like the retro style better. 

Tales of The Abyss (on my top 3 favorite games)

Resident Evil Revelations (probably the best visuals that 3DS will ever crank out btw)

Just a couple from the top of my head that weren't mentioned. Playing MGS: 3 currently, and while the game itself is pretty great, the framerate is atrocious. Evidently, the 3DS can't match the PS2's raw Fillrate at all.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

+1 for the PSMD. I got it and loved it (though I still think PMD2 for the DS is better than PSMD).

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

I vote for Zelda. Personally I would go with Ocarina of Time 3d for nostalgia reasons and then try out Link between Worlds. My daughter really loves playing Skylanders on her 3DS as well.

Not sure if you like games like these but I heard MGS 3D is pretty good. It's a port of the Snake Eater (PS2 to 3DS port). 

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

• 2 weeks later...

Super Mario 3D Land is also amazing, the soundtrack is also pretty good too, if that matters at all to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say pokemon x and or y just because I'm a big fan of the rpg series ,new super mario brothers 2 ,legend of zelda ocarina of time 3d(a popular vote I see) legend of zelda majora's mask .it's a good game but very confusing at first . if you need a list of regular ds games I have more but for the 3ds other than the ones you have these are the best