WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

1TB WD Enterprise.

A family member left it for me, he chose it for the reliability.

Would have an SSD too, but funds aren't available for one right now.

I was using a 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue drive as it was a good size drive for a good price at the time I was building my system, but unfortunately that drive for what ever reason died on me just about 3 weeks ago, so now im using an old 320gb Seagate SATA drive, not the greatest, but it does the job until I get round to replacing it, I would definitely go with a WD drive again as I have had 5 or 6 others in the past that have all served me well! 

Il be honest I saw this give away and had to join in, hey I mean if I can win my replacement drive Instead of buying it its worth a shot right ? xD

I bought 1 TB WD Caviar Blue HDD because of it's great price. I use it to store all my games and movies so I'm kind of running low with storage space (''only'' 100 gigs left haha). 

Hope to win this because I really want to have all my games and movies on same PC and so that I don't have to delete any game as almost all are great to play!!!

I'm running a 64GB Samsung 830, a 256GB Samsung 840 Pro and a 1TB Seagate Drive. When I first built my system two years ago the Seagate drive was my only drive. That Christmas I got the 830 for a boot drive. Earlier this year I bought the 840 Pro to replace the 830, but since I hate reinstalling windows I decided to use it as my games drive instead.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/gameworm2/status/377813661705703424 (@gameworm2)

Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/114288636713254281343/posts/hswWmUopFbw (Stephan Anderson)

I'm running a Samsung 830 Series 64 GB SSD and a 500 GB Seagate HDD.

- Why? I wanted to try out an SSD for cheap and at the time only the 64gb ssd was affordable for me - so I have the 500 GB HDD for games, etc. and the 64 gb ssd for boot drive and basic applications like web browser, instant messenger clients and such.

I am running two Hitachi Deskstar 80 gb hard drives in RAID to copy my important data. I also have a 250 gb seagate hard drive to store my games. I am running this configuration because I recently built a new PC and the price of high capacity hard drives and SSDs are expensive. I took my two 80 gb hard drives from an old PC someone gave me in 2007 because I tried using what was available.

Facebook: Norberto Salas https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4904866239707&id=1839564850&_rdr

Twitter: @norbertosalas4 https://mobile.twitter.com/norbertosalas4/status/377819072500891648

Right now I have an ssd for boot and most important programms an a 500gb hdd for storage. At first I just had the 500gb drive with everything on it because i didnt wanted to spent too much money when i was building my pc. Now i got a 120 gb ssd from my dad. My hdd is very slow because like i said i didnt wanted so spend that much money. 

For my rig, I have an awesome setup so far.

I have one Crucial M4 128gb as my boot and for my high intensity programs like Adobe Premier, After Effects, and Photoshop. I do videography on the side, freelance. It makes my work so much more efficient.

I have one Kingston Hyper X 128gb for all my games, (I am going to need a new one soon I am running out of room). I love having an SSD for my games, no loading screens and everything is "snappy".

I have a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB for my media, and extra files. 

I have a single 700gb Seagate usb 3.0 I have attached to my router as a ghetto NAS. My cousin and I both have gaming rigs and plasmas in our house all attached to the router to watch movies and music I've downloaded, It is awesome to go through any room in our place and have all our movies there waiting for us.

I want one of those red drives because I have been wanting to build a REAL NAS for a while, I just dont have the money right now.

120 gb samsung 840 here, using it as a boot drive + having some of my games on it for the faster loads, big difference compared to previous hdds I have used, im still amazed after a month of owning my first ssd what a difference there is in loading times, copy/paste and basically everything.

But yea its currently my only drive and 120 gigs are limiting me, a second drive used for storage would be nice to have :D ... Thx for the giveaway Linus/WD you guys are awesome!

I'm currently using a 250gb generic hard drive in my toshiba laptop, which is very nearly full. I can't afford to upgrade that and build a desktop, which I also can't afford even a terabyte for, as I am on a tight budget. I don't have room on the laptop to store all my iTunes on there as well as the games, work, films and photos (thus I am relying on an old Mac mini). If I could afford it then a NAS setup or raid would be great as I could make sure I won't ever suffer a drive failure where I lose all of my data (damn cheap hard drives, always breaking, making me lose everything!!!)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Laptop with Samsung 830 128GB. Because hard-drives are to slow

I have a home NAS with 3x 3 TB Seagates and 1 Samsung 840 ssd (120 GBs). It runs ubuntu and hosts all my home movies/backups/tv shows. While I prefer WD, Seagates were just cheaper at the time. Now that 4 TBs are becoming more popular, I will probably upgrade to them as I am running low on space!

1. Am running a single HDD hitachi 1TB it's 4 years old now and makes anoying sounds       and bottlenecks my computer with a rating of 5.5 from windows, when i brought this computer it was pre build. and this HDD was great at that time. at the moment i do not need more speed or more storage, cause i can play any game i want whitout extra lagg cause the HDD only loading time for the maps and stuff takes long. I also have an external HDD seagate 750GB usb 2.0 for backup. i choose this one cause my HDD crashed one time and i lost everything also pictures and video's from my vacation. now i know better so that's why i have that backup drive.

2. Facebook share from Daan: 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/52951-wd-red-4tb-giveaway/

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @Example: I do not have twitter.

4. Community Site share with reddit:  http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1m6jpk/there_is_an_givaaway_of_multiple_4tb_hdds/

On my desktop computer i am running a

64gb ocz verex 3 on the primary drive for fast bootup

1tb seagate Barracuda for storage

I also have Dlink DNS-323 i bought 3years ago with

2 x 1tb Barracuda on RAID 0

Because 1. it was cheap all that i could afford then and 2. I wanted a centrailise storage to store my files

ITs all filled up now. Hope oto get a 4 bay and above nas to run on more reduntant raids like Raid 1+0 or Raid 5

Hello

My Desktop setup :

boot drive (windows 7 ) : Crucial M4 128gb  ssd

game drive  : Crucial M4 128gb ssd

storage drive : 1 tb WD green

1.5 tb WD green (backup)

Nas (used for backup, music and movies ) :

Netgear ReadyNas Duo v2 with 2 2TB WD RED RAID 0

So I use 1 crucial m4 only for windows 7 the second one is only for games that I am currently playing.

My 2 WD greens are for storage like steam downloads documents and backup of important data.

My NAS is mostly for Movies so I can watch movies on my TV, laptop , tablets is a 4tb NAS but i have 1 tb free only :blink: , I have music and also a 2nd system backup , you never know :P.

I choose the Crucial M4 SSD's becuase of the price / performance , the Greens because I think at this point WD is the best manufacturer of HDD's price/reliability , finally  I Bought the 2 WD REDS for my NAS becuase they reviews are solid, the REDS are the best ;).

Thats my setup :D  

Good luck guys !!!!!!!!!

Pics

lx4d.jpg

0pyl.jpg

h9go.jpg

I have 4 Segate Cheeta 15K.5 ( not a big fan they where free ) Drives in Raid 0 for my games and 4 1TB WD Green drives in Raid 5 for all my stuff and 2 Samsung 840's in Raid 0 for the OS.  The 840's get backed up to the Raid 5 every night so i will never loose any ting.  I have 5 more of the WD's ( Not one has died over 2 years in a raid 5) and 3 more of the Segates ( PS 2 died already lol )  for back up so when ones dies i just swap them out with new ones.  

HI,

My current HDD set-up is two 500gb Seagate HDDs (both around 4 years old), one of them is running the o/s and the other is storage. The HDD that is running the o/s is failing so the WD reds will make a huge difference as I now have no money for new drives dew to recent motherboard failure!

Facebook share from Jack Furby: (https://www.facebook.com/jack.furby/posts/497041453718675)

Twitter share with Twitter handle @TheProzGamerzzz: (https://twitter.com/TheProzGamerzzz/status/377820785387130880)

120gb samsung 840 for boot and seagate 2tb for mass storage

i originally wanted a 4tb wd red but since this is all i could afford in the current situation i wasn't able to get a 4tb red.
so i have most of my files in my 2tb and the rest of my files in an external hard drive... and even that's filling up pretty fast...
sad life is sad.
i'm planning to build a NAS for my family so that it'll be easier for us to share files. the wd 4th red will be a great start!

thanks if i win!

i have only WD of 750 GB because when i make my pc i didnt have to much money to spend i work like 6 moth to finaly get my pc working i initially purchase a maximus formula MB and it never work u.u and i try to send it to the re-seller and they say "no this dosnt have warranty" and i fight for but it didnt work and i lost the money and then i purchase another MB asus an that is what let my without money to buy more storage and that my story :D

1. I am running Seagate st3500320a 500GB ( that famous one for huge problems ) as main hdd. Second one is Samsung F3 1TB and third one is some old Hitachi 320GB. Why do i use them ? Well I like to have lot of space, so i generated all avalable hdds and stack them. Soon I will buy new computer so inside there will be Samsung 840 EVO 250gb as boot drive, Seagate and Samsung for storage. Hitachi will go with rest of old config to nethyews.

2. Have facebook but dont have friends that care about tech stuff, so there is no point.

3. Dont have twitter

4. Bricked lesbian butt plugs. .

Right now i have a gaming pc i built myself.I have one WD blue 1 tb, a 256 gb toshiba ssd, but no external harddisk. I want a WD red since i have well over 80 games on steam and 20 on origin, and i record videos as well. Having one or two 4 tb Reds would be enough...at least until the next summer sale :P

I currently use a 250gb Intel 510 SSD for my boot drive. I have a mix of WD and seagate drives. Before I started using SSDs, I had a WD raptor which is still in use right now. I have a total of 6 HDDs in my PC and the number is due to an accumulation of hard disks over the years and me not wanting to part with them.

The smallest capacity drives I have in the system is the WD raptor and the intel SSD at 250gb. The largest is a 1TB WD Black.