Cant get graphics card to give a graphical out put

Desert_Storm_
Go to solution Solved by Razarza,

Maybe the PCIe slot is faulty on the motherboard, do you have any other computers that you could test your 380X in to make sure it works? You might be able to ask a friend to borrow their graphics card just to test with your motherboard. You need to be able to figure out which component is causing the problem by testing them with other computers.

i have installed the amd drivers for my r9 380x but it still dose not show up and still dose not want to give me a display out put i dont know why and i was wandering weather anyone could help me? i dont know what to then and until i get it working i have a 250 dollar paper weight.

Which output are you trying to use? You're not on a TV are you?

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

right now no but every time it is it dose not give out a graphical signal

right now i am using the motherboards outputs just so i can do that basics of windows such as right on this forum.

right know no but every time it is it dose not give out a graphical signal

right now i am using the motherboards outputs just so i can do that basics of windows such as right on this forum.

Configure display in BIOS to output through PCIe device.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

my bios says that pciex16_1 is not present

Is the GPU plugged in?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

it is in the pci slots and the 2x6pin connectors are in i dont know what more to do

it is in the pci slots and the 2x6pin connectors are in i dont know what more to do

Pictures?

Take the graphics card out of the PCIe slot and put it back in, maybe you didn't push it in all the way. If it still doesn't work after that try another PCIe slot if your motherboard has a second one.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Do you have a second card to test with? When you say it won't show up? You mean it's not in device manager?

Drivers usually won't install unless it detects a relevant card.

It will still detect it in BIOS.

sadly i am in an itx system

Ok, just start by taking the video card out, put it back in and make sure it is in properly. Make sure the PCIe power cables are all plugged in correctly. Now plug your monitor into your 380X. Turn the PC on.

Do you get any signal?

If yes then everything works

If no then turn the PC off, plug the monitor into the iGPU and check to see if the 380X is detected by the motherboard.

It would also help if you could take a few pictures of everything (close up and clear) and upload them as an album on Imgur so we visually see if anything is wrong.

Also what is your full system specs?

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

full system spec:

intel core i5 6500

asus pro 3 motherboard

bequiet dark rock 3 cooler

samsung 850evo ssd 250gb

seagate 1tb barracuda 

saphire r9 380x

evga white porwesupply 

hyper x furry ram 

windows 10

Ok, just start by taking the video card out, put it back in and make sure it is in properly. Make sure the PCIe power cables are all plugged in correctly. Now plug your monitor into your 380X. Turn the PC on.

Do you get any signal?

If no then turn the PC off, plug the monitor into the iGPU and check to see if the 380X is detected by the motherboard.

It would also help if you could take a few pictures of everything (close up and clear) and upload them as an album on Imgur so we visually see if anything is wrong.

i just tried taking the card out and putting it back in and when i check in the bios to see if it is detected it says the slot is empty

i dont know weather the problem could be the graphics card is dead or that the pci slot on the motherboard is dead

i really need to know so i can get it replaced if i have to

oh and the case is a phanteks enthoo evolved

Do you get any signal?

Do you get any signal?

https://imgur.com/aF7xoWn

https://imgur.com/IwARF4M

https://imgur.com/zxF94R8

https://imgur.com/hl9vdn5

here are the photos you guys asked for i love the help thanks :)

Maybe the PCIe slot is faulty on the motherboard, do you have any other computers that you could test your 380X in to make sure it works? You might be able to ask a friend to borrow their graphics card just to test with your motherboard. You need to be able to figure out which component is causing the problem by testing them with other computers.

Spoiler