Seneheiser 598's vs. 598 SE's

MacAlisterL

I purchased the Corsair VOID RGB Headset and was not intrigued with the sound quality and returned them for a full refund. I have always been a fan of Seneheiser for a long time and I have a $150 budget for a new pair I was looking at the 598 and 598 Se. The 598 would only work with Noctua fans so are the 598 se's the same thing?

Yes. Same exact headphone, but black instead of shit colored like Noctua.

Imagine if you got the HD558 which is basically the same headphone for under $100. Or the HD518 which is pretty similar for half the price.

Imagine if you got the HD558 which is basically the same headphone for under $100. Or the HD518 which is pretty similar for half the price.

What a novel concept.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

But linus likes 598 so we haf to get them.

But really, go with 558, or even 518. Save money.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

But linus likes 598 so we haf to get them.

But really, go with 558, or even 518. Save money.

I only got the HD598SE's because it was black Friday and it was a $10 difference between them and HD558s. My exact reason was "Meh, why not?"