Need help understanding certain voltage terms in my bios for overclocking

I don't understand these cpu voltage terms that I may need to know to properly oc my 3770k. Which one or ones do I change values on. By the way, this is on a Gigabyte z77x-ud5h-wb rev1.1 F14 Bios and motherboard. Thanks for your help guys!!!!

PS: I made a new thread just in case anyone wants to know because the old one people stopped responding..

post-7350-0-91412200-1452583530_thumb.jp

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

CPU Vcore is the core voltage. Don't go above 1.4V for this.

Dynamic Vcore is the core voltage offset. Normally used for adaptive mode. Not too sure about this because I run on override mode.

CPU Vtt is the voltage for the Memory controller. Not too sure on this either, hopefully someone can shed some light.

CPU PLL is the Master Voltage into your CPU. Think of this as the main power line from your PSU. Don't go higher than 1.9V for this although the absolute max for this option is 2.1V.

As for the dynamic GFX core, it's the voltage to your iGPU. I don't have much experience with iGPUs so again, hopefully someone can shed some light on this option.

Of course, I'm still an OC noob so take it with a pinch of salt. The more experienced guys should reply with some solid answers soon.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

I don't understand these cpu voltage terms that I may need to know to properly oc my 3770k. Which one or ones do I change values on. By the way, this is on a Gigabyte z77x-ud5h-wb rev1.1 F14 Bios and motherboard. Thanks for your help guys!!!!

PS: I made a new thread just in case anyone wants to know because the old one people stopped responding..

CPU Vcore = core voltage. Your bread and butter setting for getting a stable OC via multiplier. Sandy/Ivy can run up to ~1.45v safely, however with Ivy you're unlikely to reach that voltage due to thermal limits without delidding the CPU.

CPU Vtt = CPU IMC setting. You will not need to change this unless you're trying to run something like 2133MHz RAM, and even then it probably won't need to be changed. Some of the older Z77 boards simply can't handle DDR3 at speeds higher than 2133MHz. If your RAM kit is on the QVL for the board just enable XMP and leave this setting alone.

IMC = Integrated Memory Controller voltage, see note above.

CPU PLL = voltage supplied to the Phase Locked Loop section of the CPU. For Ivy generally people recommend to run it at stock (1.8v) or actually lower it to the 1.5-1.7v range. I always left it at 1.8v, or raised it for some extreme OC cases. Maximum safe value is under 1.98-2.0v (there is no feasible reason to have it this high).

Dynamic GFX = voltage supplied to the iGPU of the CPU. Just leave it where it is.

I would highly recommend reading this guide in entirety; http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/gigabyte_z77_overclocking_guide/1

It also looks like they're using the same board or another very similar Z77 GA board, should make life a little easier.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

CPU Vcore = core voltage. Your bread and butter setting for getting a stable OC via multiplier. Sandy/Ivy can run up to ~1.45v safely, however with Ivy you're unlikely to reach that voltage due to thermal limits without delidding the CPU.

CPU Vtt = CPU IMC setting. You will not need to change this unless you're trying to run something like 2133MHz RAM, and even then it probably won't need to be changed. Some of the older Z77 boards simply can't handle DDR3 at speeds higher than 2133MHz. If your RAM kit is on the QVL for the board just enable XMP and leave this setting alone.

IMC = Integrated Memory Controller voltage, see note above.

CPU PLL = voltage supplied to the Phase Locked Loop section of the CPU. For Ivy generally people recommend to run it at stock (1.8v) or actually lower it to the 1.5-1.7v range. I always left it at 1.8v, or raised it for some extreme OC cases. Maximum safe value is under 1.98-2.0v (there is no feasible reason to have it this high).

Dynamic GFX = voltage supplied to the iGPU of the CPU. Just leave it where it is.

I would highly recommend reading this guide in entirety; http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/gigabyte_z77_overclocking_guide/1

It also looks like they're using the same board or another very similar Z77 GA board, should make life a little easier.

CPU Vcore is the core voltage. Don't go above 1.4V for this.

Dynamic Vcore is the core voltage offset. Normally used for adaptive mode. Not too sure about this because I run on override mode.

CPU Vtt is the voltage for the Memory controller. Not too sure on this either, hopefully someone can shed some light.

CPU PLL is the Master Voltage into your CPU. Think of this as the main power line from your PSU. Don't go higher than 1.9V for this although the absolute max for this option is 2.1V.

As for the dynamic GFX core, it's the voltage to your iGPU. I don't have much experience with iGPUs so again, hopefully someone can shed some light on this option.

Of course, I'm still an OC noob so take it with a pinch of salt. The more experienced guys should reply with some solid answers soon.

I've seen some verclocking vidoes say to adjust some or one of these options to manual or adaptive mode. How can I do that with my mobo and bios setup? Also, which of those options do I change fr voltage increments and but how much per increment? Lastly, I would set a cpu ration of 40 to make 4GHz and disable turbo. I found that in HWMonitor in windows 10 that when I do that and leave anything for voltage on auto, the clock speed goes no higher than 3990MHz. Why is that? Why not go to true 4GHz? Thanks for the help!!!!

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

I've seen some verclocking vidoes say to adjust some or one of these options to manual or adaptive mode. How can I do that with my mobo and bios setup? Also, which of those options do I change fr voltage increments and but how much per increment? Lastly, I would set a cpu ration of 40 to make 4GHz and disable turbo. I found that in HWMonitor in windows 10 that when I do that and leave anything for voltage on auto, the clock speed goes no higher than 3990MHz. Why is that? Why not go to true 4GHz? Thanks for the help!!!!

The videos probably said to set all voltage to manual while you're overclocking then when you're stable, you use adaptive. Using adaptive while you're stressing could overvolt your CPU more than what you have set.

I'm unaware of Asrock's overclocking implementation however, all overclocking should be the same. Turn up the multiplier. If unstable, turn up the voltage. Refer to the LTT database to find a good starting point for your multiplier and voltage.

Don't worry about seeing a lower clock at idle. Mine says 4.449GHz as well on idle. I believe that's the C state but it's just speculation. It'll shoot up when you stress it.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

The videos probably said to set all voltage to manual while you're overclocking then when you're stable, you use adaptive. Using adaptive while you're stressing could overvolt your CPU more than what you have set.

I'm unaware of Asrock's overclocking implementation however, all overclocking should be the same. Turn up the multiplier. If unstable, turn up the voltage. Refer to the LTT database to find a good starting point for your multiplier and voltage.

Don't worry about seeing a lower clock at idle. Mine says 4.449GHz as well on idle. I believe that's the C state but it's just speculation. It'll shoot up when you stress it.

Btw, Can I set any of those settings in that picture to manual or adaptive?

Btw, Can I set any of those settings in that picture to manual or adaptive?

You can try exploring the bios to see if you will get those option. I'm not very familiar of Asrock's bios. It is recommended to set voltages to manual so you have control over the voltages rather than the board controlling it for you.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

You can try exploring the bios to see if you will get those option. I'm not very familiar of Asrock's bios. It is recommended to set voltages to manual so you have control over the voltages rather than the board controlling it for you.

The picture isn't a asrock bios, it's a gigabyte bios. I thought asrock was black and silver. Gigabyte was dark and light blue. So do you still not know?

The picture isn't a asrock bios, it's a gigabyte bios. I thought asrock was black and silver. Gigabyte was dark and light blue. So do you still not know?

Sorry don't really got any experience on both those brands. Only ever touched Asus and MSI bioses. Probably the main reason why I mixed those brands up.

I think Der8auer did a video on overclocking on a gigabyte z170 board. It isn't the same board as yours but maybe you might want to take a look.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Sorry don't really got any experience on both those brands. Only ever touched Asus and MSI bioses. Probably the main reason why I mixed those brands up.

I think Der8auer did a video on overclocking on a gigabyte z170 board. It isn't the same board as yours but maybe you might want to take a look.

I took a look but it wasn't very helpful to me.