Vibrating sound

No idea why, but for some reason my PC will start making this random buzzing noise.

I've attached a recording of the sound.

All I have to do is touch the desk, not even apply any pressure and the sound goes, as soon as i remove my hand from the desk the sound returns. (This is what i do in the recording)

This isn't a constant sound either it comes and goes. Any thoughts?

I thought it might some vibration issues.

buzz1.wav

No idea why, but for some reason my PC will start making this random buzzing noise.

I've attached a recording of the sound.

All I have to do is touch the desk, not even apply any pressure and the sound goes, as soon as i remove my hand from the desk the sound returns. (This is what i do in the recording)

This isn't a constant sound either it comes and goes. Any thoughts?

I thought it might some vibration issues.

If you want a real answer it is your side panel shaking from a fan

RyanTheCanadian

Network Administration / Systems Management and Security / White Hat

My computer is the definition of scrapyard wars.

Sort of sounds like a fan hitting resonance or something. Try playing around with the fan speeds to see if they go away.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

If you want a real answer it is your side panel shaking from a fan

Sort of sounds like a fan hitting resonance or something. Try playing around with the fan speeds to see if they go away.

One thing I have noticed is that it occurs more when I'm gaming. Obviously the motherboard ramps up the fans during this time. I'm confused as this hasn't happened in like 4 years since the PC was built.

One thing I have noticed is that it occurs more when I'm gaming. Obviously the motherboard ramps up the fans during this time. I'm confused as this hasn't happened in like 4 years since the PC was built.

Try setting your PC on something that's a little soft, like a towel or something.

Fan bearings go bad eventually.

I suppose so, although these set of fans are less than a year old. There the corsair AF/SP line.

Is it the machine itself buzzing, or just through the speakers?

Oh it's 100% coming from the case. Not an audio issue. Something is just vibrating in the case and i have no idea what.

Is it the machine itself buzzing, or just through the speakers?

It's not consistant either, it does it more when i'm gaming when the fans are at higher RPM. But only sometimes.

Yeah more in likely a ball bearing fan going out. They wobble in place and eventually could launch. Well not really. Flick some fans to see if you can isolate it. Don't rule out your power supply fan either, I once had a cable jammed into one for a few months before I found out.