Building a PC for a friend. Here are specs:

CPU: 4570

MOBO: MSI H87-G43

Graphics: Asus 660ti DirectCU2

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB

SSD: Samsung 840 120GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

PSU: XFX Pro 450w

I'm trying to install windows onto the SSD. I have 2 copies of windows; Legitimate Windows 8 Pro 64bit on a memory stick. Even used Microsofts USB boot iso mount software to put it on memory stick. Other copy of Windows is a not-so legitimate Windows 7 Ultimate that I've used several times on a variety of computers, which have all worked fine. Basically with both versions they start the install, then stop around 8% during "Getting files ready for installation". "Error 0x80070570"

To resolve this I have tried it with 1 stick of RAM in DIMM2, no graphics card and no hdd. Still can't get the bugger to work.

ANY help would be very much appreciated! 

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

When it gives you the error, cancel the installation and just start it again. I don't mean restarting your pc.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That PSU is not enough to power that graphics card! and you should have gotten the 7950. 

Try removing the GPU and using onboard graphics and install Windows again, if it installs, then the PSU is just too small

That PSU is not enough to power that graphics card! and you should have gotten the 7950. 

The psu should boot fine with the 660 Ti.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Try removing the GPU and using onboard graphics and install Windows again, if it installs, then the PSU is just too small

I've put spec into loads of PSU Calculator websites and all show that it'll draw ~380w. 450w is fine. 

The strange thing is I got it working once with windows fully functioning, but I put 32bit Windows 7 on accidentally so I formatted it and tried again with 64bit and it wouldn't work. 

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

When it gives you the error, cancel the installation and just start it again. I don't mean restarting your pc.

This. 

a quick google search. 

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Tried the cancel install but not restart computer thing it seems to be going well (Windows7). On 62%! Hope to god I clicked 64bit and not 32bit again.

Try deleting all partitions on the drive you're installing the OS on and create a new one. There should be at least 2 (system reserved and OS). I had a similar issue once and this did the trick.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein