Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

the letter and numbers look good is just the rest that look a little to fine

Sadly the font does not have a bold variant so yo have to use the generated one which looks bad. I would probably use this now if I wanted the same style http://goo.gl/SpLvml

Sadly the font does not have a bold variant so yo have to use the generated one which looks bad. I would probably use this now if I wanted the same style http://goo.gl/SpLvml

I wish wasd had custom printing for dsa cap sets

I wish wasd had custom printing for dsa cap sets

If he has extra he might be wiling to custom laser them...

I have finally bought my first mechanical keyboard(and a few other things), 6 hours have passed since gaming/chatting on this baby and boy do I love it :wub:

Totally loving these cherry mx browns and this aluminium body with it's high keycaps, the difference is astonishing(been a long life membrane user). And look at the pretty colors haha.

Excuse the potato pictures, forgive my cheap 5 year old phone ^_^

9la5o9.jpg

10nvo1d.jpg

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

I haven't posted about my board yet because I've been working on it but I thought I might share, Ducky DK9087 G2 Pro MX Blacks:

Ducky G2 pro and Caps

gallery_64571_1665_433161.jpg

I'd been looking to try different key caps and one of the old rubber dome keyboards in the house had MX compatible caps, Packard Bell 5130. :lol: Their thin and yellowed ABS but they have 8 support ribs instead of the normal 4, so they're a higher pitched clack but feel very sturdy. Plus they're in the lower Cherry profile style.

I also add LEDs to most of the keys, originally only WASD had LEDs. But it didn't turn out the best so I will be redoing it soon, it was a really interesting little project and I learned quite a bit while I was doing it. :)

I bought my first mechanical keyboard last week, really love the experience of working on it.

At work we have these logitech membrane keyboards and the difference is getting annoying with switching back and forth between membrane and mechanical.

So I thought about buying another mechanical keyboard to use at work, but the noise poses a problem.

I own the cherry mx browns at home, and they are by no means quiet(dunno why everyone says that) which I don't mind, in fact I even love it.

Would buying o-rings make a significant difference in noise for brown switches?

Or are there other switches you'd suggest to me that have a nice tactile feedback(so no reds) but barely any noise when using it. I know I might be asking for too much but asking doesn't hurt ^_^

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Just ordered all the parts I am going to need to build my 60% board! Just ordered the GON Nerd60, Diodes, the rest of the green switches (It will be greens and blues), keycaps and case!

Cant wait to build this now! However, I do need to cut down the plate I got made! I also need to drill the holes for the screws!

Just ordered all the parts I am going to need to build my 60% board! Just ordered the GON Nerd60, Diodes, the rest of the green switches (It will be greens and blues), keycaps and case!

Cant wait to build this now! However, I do need to cut down the plate I got made! I also need to drill the holes for the screws!

I have tried to tag you in a few threads and every time I do it just tags a member with the name "the" every time lol

Haha, this "the" guy must feel so special! Thanks though man!

I would try and tag you every time i linked to your thread here are links to my posts in case you are interested in what I tagged you in. Here are 3 times I tagged you in about the last week lol

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/353865-custom-keyboard-builds/page-2#entry4880172

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/356063-phantom-keyboard-pcb-in-cmstorm-quick-fire-rapid-case/#entry4838503

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355036-point-of/#entry4836540

I would try and tag you every time i linked to your thread here are links to my posts in case you are interested in what I tagged you in. Here are 3 times I tagged you in about the last week lol

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/353865-custom-keyboard-builds/page-2#entry4880172

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/356063-phantom-keyboard-pcb-in-cmstorm-quick-fire-rapid-case/#entry4838503

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355036-point-of/#entry4836540

Haha, thanks man for mentioning my thread! I made it to help people out when they are building it!

Haha, thanks man for mentioning my thread! I made it to help people out when they are building it!

Ya I know, I have been point people to it any chance i get lol

Mechanical Keyboard Master Race!

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

So, hi guys

Today I bought my first mechanical keyboard, and I officialy joined the master race ;D. Oh my godness I can't imagine switching back to a membrane keyboard. It's CMStorm Quickfire XT with cherry mx blue's. The built quality of this keyboard is absolutely amazing. It's pretty heavy and got rubberized feet so it doesn't move on my desk. I just love the cherry mx blue's, they are utterly amazing, for writing, but also for gaming. So if you happen to wonder if a mechanical keyboard is a good choice, I am telling you, don't wonder and just buy the damn keyboard 'cause you certinetly won't be dissapointed.

I put some Cherry profile Vortex PBT front printed keycaps on my Novatouch thanks to the May Bazaar sale on Massdrop. Thought I'd share. 

vhEO7zDl.jpg

Did Luke ever reveal his keyboard collection?

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Did Luke ever reveal his keyboard collection?

Not that I know of.

So, anyone know where alternate keycaps for matias/alps switches are available?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So, anyone know where alternate keycaps for matias/alps switches are available?

Custom groupbuy or signature plastics.

Anyone knows of a place where I can buy a shine through keycap sets? Not translucent but so that the backlighting bleeds through the legends. I've been looking for a while and can't seem to find anything :(

Custom groupbuy or signature plastics.

OK.

Unfortunately, no key caps are avslible for my apple adjustable keyboard. The stems are different then other alps.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Anyone knows of a place where I can buy a shine through keycap sets? Not translucent but so that the backlighting bleeds through the legends. I've been looking for a while and can't seem to find anything :(

Here are some white ones that have translucent legends for backlighting.

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1008