Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

SHC4jIX.jpgkmBxyau.jpg

CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-I (MX brown) with portal keycaps and LED covers from banggood. It's my first mechanical keyboard but I think the brown switches are a little too light for me, my next one will most likely be clears. 

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

I think it's been 3 months since I got this keyboard and I've finally got around to take photos of it.

It has become my new daily driver, I really like the heavy Cherry MX Milk switch.

That's about enough text, time for a few pictures. For full album check my signature.

Q740R9f.jpgnGRkvY4.jpgam16NpE.jpgaolHR87.jpgddtDi98.jpg

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

The V1 is the one with the aluminum one with blue/red LEDs?

Cos I have a Ducky Mini, which is black, plastic and in my case white LEDs.

It's PKX-6200. But I think this is the first mini.

This one:

wgyvr5.jpg

That looks really nice.

If you want clears, I'd say go for Ducky Shine4, it gives you nearly the same colors without the LED covers.

Funny enough, I used some orange LED covers (from Massdrop in my case) on my Ducky Mini (not the aluminum one, the black plastic one, the O.G. Mini :P ), but had to remove them cos a few of the keys couldn't have them (LED on the bottom of the switch) and I think there was one causing issues with key release.

I was thinking about getting a TKL from WASD or if I manage to find one, a poker II with clears. Smaller is better right :D

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

For what do you need blank keycaps?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

The V1 is the one with the aluminum one with blue/red LEDs?

Cos I have a Ducky Mini, which is black, plastic and in my case white LEDs.

It's PKX-6200. But I think this is the first mini.

This one:

wgyvr5.jpg

The picture you have taken is what I, and everybody else I think, refer to as the V1.

Basically is a rebranded Poker II and not really a Ducky keyboard. The new one with the aluminium bezel is referred to as the Ducky Mini.

That looks really nice.

If you want clears, I'd say go for Ducky Shine4, it gives you nearly the same colors without the LED covers.

As far as I know the Ducky Shine 4 isn't made with clears, at least I haven't seen it.

Is the QPad MK-85 a good keyboard... I want to buy a Cherry MX Red Switches keyboard but don't know which.... help me please

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Is the QPad MK-85 a good keyboard... I want to buy a Cherry MX Red Switches keyboard but don't know which.... help me please

Well there's a few thing you need to figure out first.

- What size keyboard do you want (full size, TKL, 60%)?

- Backlit or not?

I'm not sure how well made QPad's keyboards are.

If you're looking for something similar to the QPad, try take a look at Cooler Master's keyboard.  :)

Well, i finally got off my lazy ass to take some glamour shots of my keyboard :P

Hopefully they aren't too big.

i used red switches for two years, and thank god i was able to get away from them

before they put my hands out of commission for good.. i really thought my hands

were past the point of no return. Got green switches now and they are a joy to type

on.

post-955-0-47498500-1424623368.png

post-955-0-15892200-1424623372.png

post-955-0-71861600-1424623375.png

Got my hands on some delicious dye-sub PBT ducky keycaps and stuck them on

a WASD frame. It was the second best as i couldn't find a ducky premier even if it

meant life or death.

Well, one Swedish site (a damn good one, buy most of my stuff from there) seems to think there is one:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/6607419/ducky-shine4-multi-led-mx-clear

Seems like they are running a deal on all OTHER Shine4 too, assholes :P All other Shine4's are 250SEK off right now, except the one with clears, which was already 250SEK more expensive to begin with. What a bunch of wankers, makes me wonder if I should do my Ducky shopping at https://teraset.net/again...

Teraset doesn't have the Shine 4 with clears, that Swedish website you link to is the only place I've seen it.

No matter what I don't think you should expect the Clear version to be similar priced as the four common Cherry switches. The rarer switches tend to cost more.

I contacted about 10 different stores, some private sellers and the European

ducky distributor and ducky. The thing is, Inet doesn't ship/sell outside of Sweden.

You have no idea how much inet was bothering me.. that single keyboard just

sitting there, teasing me. 

I actually know a guy in Finland that was going to make a purchase for me and 

send it to Norway, but even the seller that resides in the same country as the

distributor was out, admittedly a couple keyboards did pop up after i had made

my alternative purchase..

I have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, and I'm not really happy with it to be honest. It makes too much noise when I type and I have the feeling I have to press too hard when I'm typing. Wish I'd bought a Logitech keyboard or another decent silent gaming keyboard :(

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Yeah, Teräset doesn't have it, but since they are a Finnish distributor for Ducky, I'm fairly certain they could order one if needed.

I've gotten my Black Mamba and a "stealth" cap set from them and I think the Mamba they did have to order. Anyway, it's just an email away, I keep the email from their Ducky rep as one of my only emails in my inbox just for that kind of thing. You have to handle payment and such via email outside of Finland anyway. Anyway, it's not time yet and currently it seems more likely that I'm getting a Legend anyway.

As for the clears, yeah, I know they are more rare, so I know you have to pay for them, just slightly annoyed at that fact.

I actually never thought of asking them if they could order something specific from Ducky. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they could, or at least would ask Ducky, they're so polite and helpful at Teraset.

Don't worry I feel the same way, especially when the rarer switches is your favourites.

Bah, got tired of waiting, went to the tech mall to grab a keyboard I'd reserved....it's a DS4 69 Fire Edition.

ds4%2069_zpsuzfkhuyo.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I abandoned my 75% project since the pcb printing was way too expensive :(

Instead I joined the drop for the infinity keyboard :) really excited for it !

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/infinity-keyboard-kit

Ya it isn't the cheapest of ways to end up with a keyboard. Cheapest is to get a parts keyboard for the switches and plate and cut it up and hand wire it

Bah, got tired of waiting, went to the tech mall to grab a keyboard I'd reserved....it's a DS4 69 Fire Edition.

IMO the switches used on this keyboard seems cool, but the positioning of them is weird :S

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition