Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Yo people I like MX Browns, I like RGB, I like USB passthrough, I like macros, I don't like "the gamer look" and I like under £80 ($110), any ideas?

Did you guys get the K95 plat cheap during black Friday, so bad i missed it...

Quick question, I was going to get a MagicForce 68 to go alongside my CM QuickFire Storm TKL that I'm currently using as my main keyboard. I saw some very nice side lit keycaps and was set on getting them to go with the keyboard, however I then saw that the LED's are at the back of the switch, rather than the front. Would that make the side lit caps look dull and crap? Was just curious as I've seen people use sidelit keycaps on the Anne Pro, which as far as I'm aware has the same LED layout as the MagicForce, and it looks great. I could be wrong however.

Gaming PC: i5 8600k @ 4.8GHz | 16GB T-Force Delta RGB @ 3200Mhz | Asus Prime Z370-A | Sapphire Radeon VII (Dead :( ), RX480 8GB | EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 | 120GB Sandisk SSD Plus, 120GB Kingston A400 | 4TB Seagate 7200RPM , 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Phanteks P400 Windows 10, MacOS Catalina

Second PC: i5 3340s @ 2.8GHz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333MHz | EVGA 750Ti SC | Cheap £7 250GB WD HDD Windows 7

LaptopLate 2009 MacBook (Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 120GB SSD, 9400m, running Mojave) , Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina (i5, 4GB Ram, 128GB SSD)

Consoles: Xbox One, PS4 Slim, PS3 slim, Xbox 360 fat still going strong after almost 10 years, Original Xbox, PS2, PS1

Phone: Realme 6, Xiaomi Mi A2, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x, iPhone 6s (jailbroken)

Tablet: iPad Mini 2nd Gen Retina (Jailbroken)

Headphones:  Hifiman HE4xx, Phillips Fidelio X2, Status Audio CB-1,  Fiio E10k DAC, Schiit Magni 3+, Tin T2 IEM's, Astrotec S80

Keyboards:  2x Custom 60% - 1x Gateron Yellow, 1x Box Reds

1 minute ago, Connor Price said:

Quick question, I was going to get a MagicForce 68 to go alongside my CM QuickFire Storm TKL that I'm currently using as my main keyboard. I saw some very nice side lit keycaps and was set on getting them to go with the keyboard, however I then saw that the LED's are at the back of the switch, rather than the front. Would that make the side lit caps look dull and crap? Was just curious as I've seen people use sidelit keycaps on the Anne Pro, which as far as I'm aware has the same LED layout as the MagicForce, and it looks great. I could be wrong however.

Unless the switches have clear housings, I think it wouldn't look very good, but I could be wrong.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Unless the switches have clear housings, I think it wouldn't look very good, but I could be wrong.

They're a solid black housing I think, so I think I'd be out of luck. I think the Anne Pro has clear housings, so that's probably why it looks decent on that. I'd assume it's not possible to change the orientation of the switch on such a cheap keyboard like the MagicForce.

Gaming PC: i5 8600k @ 4.8GHz | 16GB T-Force Delta RGB @ 3200Mhz | Asus Prime Z370-A | Sapphire Radeon VII (Dead :( ), RX480 8GB | EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 | 120GB Sandisk SSD Plus, 120GB Kingston A400 | 4TB Seagate 7200RPM , 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Phanteks P400 Windows 10, MacOS Catalina

Second PC: i5 3340s @ 2.8GHz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333MHz | EVGA 750Ti SC | Cheap £7 250GB WD HDD Windows 7

LaptopLate 2009 MacBook (Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 120GB SSD, 9400m, running Mojave) , Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina (i5, 4GB Ram, 128GB SSD)

Consoles: Xbox One, PS4 Slim, PS3 slim, Xbox 360 fat still going strong after almost 10 years, Original Xbox, PS2, PS1

Phone: Realme 6, Xiaomi Mi A2, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x, iPhone 6s (jailbroken)

Tablet: iPad Mini 2nd Gen Retina (Jailbroken)

Headphones:  Hifiman HE4xx, Phillips Fidelio X2, Status Audio CB-1,  Fiio E10k DAC, Schiit Magni 3+, Tin T2 IEM's, Astrotec S80

Keyboards:  2x Custom 60% - 1x Gateron Yellow, 1x Box Reds

2 hours ago, Connor Price said:

. I'd assume it's not possible to change the orientation of the switch on such a cheap keyboard like the MagicForce.

It's not possible on any keyboard unless you completely redesign the PCB. 

On 12/5/2017 at 2:32 AM, Connor Price said:

They're a solid black housing I think, so I think I'd be out of luck. I think the Anne Pro has clear housings, so that's probably why it looks decent on that. I'd assume it's not possible to change the orientation of the switch on such a cheap keyboard like the MagicForce.

Switches are not directional, so you can try bending the two prongs directly onto the bottom face of the switch, turn it around by 180° and solder it without putting them through the solder holes. This may not work for multiple reasons or (if you're unlucky) it may even change the feel of the switch, so definitely try it on some leftover switches before attempting anything of the sort.

Here's 2 of my Filco Mechs.

Top is the Filco Majestouch 2 Yellow Keycap Edition (had the keycaps already replaced though.) Had it for 4 years already.

Bottom is the Filco Majestouch 2 Camouflage Multicam Edition. Just bought it yesterday. Brand new and with 1 year warranty. 

Both having Cherry MX Blues.

20171218_193929.jpg

Do you think this ReDragon combo is a good choice? I'm just looking for a good mechanical keyboard, mouse and headset for a little less than a 100$ CA (But around 60$ will be great too)

While I was living in Korea, I discovered the best keyboard ever, sure I don't understand the characters on it. Sure it's a bit noisy, but it is absolutely perfect and I love every bit of it.
This is the LG INFINITE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. (also I have no clue what kind of keys it uses).20171220_205207.thumb.jpg.5fe094333347469edf42c5f6f292dafc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My first mech keyboard was MX red, because I am a fairly active gamer.  However, I didn't like the feel of it and it was not living up to the whole mech keyboard hype.  Quickly traded it in for MX brown and could not be happier.  I do personally like blue more, but I need to prevent detection by the parental unit so brown does the job an totally lives up to the mech keyboard hype.  I am never going back.

Core i5-6600k OCed to 4.7GHz@1.325V | Hyper 212 Evo | ASUS GTX 1070 Strix ASUS z170-AR MOBO | 16GB DDR4@2400MHz | 500GB 850 EVO SSD | 1TB WD HDD | EVGA 650W G2 PSU | HyperX Cloud II Headset | Corsair K65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair STRAFE Brown Keyswitch Mechanical Keyboard |

Spoiler

Legend says, RGB makes your pc 15% faster.

Logitech G910 RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Romer-G Mechanical Switches

Rocking a Logitech G613 Wireless. First mechanical keyboard after testing and debating over quite a few. So far I love it!!! I know it doesn't have the Cherry MX switches, but so far the Romer G switches have impressed me.

IMG_4481.JPG

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.30GHz  Cooling: Corsair Water Cooling  Motherboard: MSI Z97 GAMING 5  RAM: 8GB GSkill Sniper Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz  GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (EVGA)  Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D  Storage:  1TB WD and Samsung SATA  PSU: Thermaltake 850watt Smart Series  Monitors: Asus 27" and Dell Ultrasharp 24"  Keyboard: Logitech G613  Mouse: Razer Taipan  Headset: Logitech G433

Got a k70 rapidfire, just got a cm masterkeys pro s cherry mx brown and a magicforce 68 with gateron browns and blank keycaps on the way!  Follow up as soon as I get all my blank keycaps for the masterkeys pro s and my magicforce that's coming in.

On 1/8/2018 at 12:51 PM, 5narkY said:

Rocking a Logitech G613 Wireless. First mechanical keyboard after testing and debating over quite a few. So far I love it!!! I know it doesn't have the Cherry MX switches, but so far the Romer G switches have impressed me.

IMG_4481.JPG

I picked up on of those myself wish it didnt have G keys or the wrist rest

On 19/01/2018 at 8:47 AM, iamdarkyoshi said:

Finally part of the Model M group!

Need to source a couple replacement keycaps though.

But so far I'm loving it.

Cleaned up beautifully.

Born in '86

Not in bad condition! I had a model M from 92 for a while. Retrobrit'd it back to its original colour too!

On a different note, I have just entered the CA66 Groupbuy! Thing looks awesome!

5a68044f80342_IMG_20180122_2120511.thumb.jpg.c3c8252a4aefe3ba538618aa9654809b.jpg

Just got this board a few weeks ago. Vortex RACE 3 with Cherry MX clears. Really liking the 75% layout and Clears are my new favorite switch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 3:47 AM, iamdarkyoshi said:

Finally part of the Model M group!

Need to source a couple replacement keycaps though.

But so far I'm loving it.

IMG_20180119_002156_276.thumb.jpg.0e54c294c0f7c30074a387e3c44f2e12.jpg

Cleaned up beautifully.

Born in '86

Check with Unicomp for replacements.

On 1/23/2018 at 10:58 PM, Squirrel724 said:

5a68044f80342_IMG_20180122_2120511.thumb.jpg.c3c8252a4aefe3ba538618aa9654809b.jpg

Just got this board a few weeks ago. Vortex RACE 3 with Cherry MX clears. Really liking the 75% layout and Clears are my new favorite switch.

Congrats on the Clear board; always nice to see others get into the not-so-common switches. I use Greys and wouldn't use anything else.

2 hours ago, divito said:

Congrats on the Clear board; always nice to see others get into the not-so-common switches. I use Greys and wouldn't use anything else.

I'm really glad I went for the clears. The tactility is great and my G710+ with browns now feels like it has linear switches in comparison.

4 minutes ago, Squirrel724 said:

I'm really glad I went for the clears. The tactility is great and my G710+ with browns now feels like it has linear switches in comparison.

Ya, the leaf on brown is less pronounced, and it's lighter. I'm in a similar boat now with my clear board, as it's lighter than the greys, so anytime I happen to use it, feels like nothing at all.

3 minutes ago, divito said:

Ya, the leaf on brown is less pronounced, and it's lighter. I'm in a similar boat now with my clear board, as it's lighter than the greys, so anytime I happen to use it, feels like nothing at all.

I would've bought a board with clears, but I could only find a board with browns and all the other features I wanted (TKL, RGB backlit, and under $150).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈