unknow network infrastructure device (ralink aps)

2sysel2

Hi, I recently noticed an unknown device on my network - it's called ralinkaps and i have no idea what it actually is - i tried checking if my router (Linksys ea6300) doesn't use ralink chipset but apperently it doesn't and the mac adress doesn't match. Anyone with idea how to find out what this device actualy is ? 

post-44327-0-93445400-1451432842.png

post-44327-0-45977800-1451432842.png

thanks for any tips in advance

Asgard - Local server(Plex, Minecraft, Teamspeak, etc.)

Valhalla - My main rig(i5 4670k@4.4GHz,GTX780 ACX)

Valkyrie - Asus N53SN(Yeah I want to get rid of this and replace it with something more mobile)

Hi, I recently noticed an unknown device on my network - it's called ralinkaps and i have no idea what it actually is - i tried checking if my router (Linksys ea6300) doesn't use ralink chipset but apperently it doesn't and the mac adress doesn't match. Anyone with idea how to find out what this device actualy is ? 

thanks for any tips in advance

Have you seen this link? http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/ralinkaps-wifi-chipset-shows-up-in-network/e0860b5b-e542-e011-9577-d485645a8348

Sounds like a computer on your network with home sharing turned on or the wireless chipset on your router (which you said it isn't). Open up command prompt and type the command 'arp -a' and find the IP that matches the mac address then 'ping -a <IP address>' to find out it's name on the network, if it has one.

Have you seen this link? http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/ralinkaps-wifi-chipset-shows-up-in-network/e0860b5b-e542-e011-9577-d485645a8348

Sounds like a computer on your network with home sharing turned on or the wireless chipset on your router (which you said it isn't). Open up command prompt and type the command 'arp -a' and find the IP that matches the mac address then 'ping -a <IP address>' to find out it's name on the network, if it has one.

i tried the arp-a but the mac adress doesn't show up even when the device shows up in the network infrastructure (doesn't show up all the time)

post-44327-0-18729600-1451477395.png

Asgard - Local server(Plex, Minecraft, Teamspeak, etc.)

Valhalla - My main rig(i5 4670k@4.4GHz,GTX780 ACX)

Valkyrie - Asus N53SN(Yeah I want to get rid of this and replace it with something more mobile)